PDA

View Full Version : UPS Tracking/Reference #

Jacklyn
January 24th, 2008, 2:14pm
I've noticed that when someone wins a multi-prize contest, others will ask for the tracking or reference number, so that they can check with UPS to see if they are also on the delivery list. Can someone please explain to me how this works?
Thanks!

guruwan2b
January 24th, 2008, 2:15pm
You can go to the UPS site and track by reference number. Just put in the number and your zip code and it will tell you if something with that reference number is being shipped to your zip code.

Jacklyn
January 24th, 2008, 2:18pm
You can go to the UPS site and track by reference number. Just put in the number and your zip code and it will tell you if something with that reference number is being shipped to your zip code.

Sorry to be so techno-challenged, but I tried this with no luck.:shocked3: UPS did not recognize the reference number, yet others on the thread had success with the number. I must be doing something wrong?

guruwan2b
January 24th, 2008, 2:19pm
what is the number and your zip? I will see what it is doing.

Jacklyn
January 24th, 2008, 2:24pm
what is the number and your zip? I will see what it is doing.

1220-44 and 70435<!-- / message -->

guruwan2b
January 24th, 2008, 2:26pm
I think that just means that there is nothing with that reference number coming to your zip. I got the same thing with my zip.

Jacklyn
January 24th, 2008, 2:29pm
I think that just means that there is nothing with that reference number coming to your zip. I got the same thing with my zip.

OK...thanks! I got an email from the company telling me I had won the prize. Guess I'll just have to be patient...

jooliepoolie
January 24th, 2008, 2:31pm
Thats from the Glad Sweep, right? I tried the number for myself, and also got nothing, even though I won. The people who posted the sweep won in December - I didnt win until the beginning of January, so I'm hoping it just hasnt been shipped out yet. Hopefully soon! :pinkie:

Jacklyn
January 24th, 2008, 2:35pm
Thats from the Glad Sweep, right? I tried the number for myself, and also got nothing, even though I won. The people who posted the sweep won in December - I didnt win until the beginning of January, so I'm hoping it just hasnt been shipped out yet. Hopefully soon! :pinkie:

Yes...that's the one. I see these posts every once in awhile and decided I needed to learn how to do it...It is such a cool UPS feature!

guruwan2b
January 24th, 2008, 2:43pm
You might want to change the delivery dates to next month and try it again. Maybe the date window is too small.

lifesfun
January 24th, 2008, 2:54pm
I haven't used that feature much myself but I put in "amazon" and it gave me all the amazon packages delivered to my zip code, so I think you can also put words in there, not just numbers.

jlemos
January 24th, 2008, 3:40pm
Well someone in my town is getting a pkg. today........ hopefully me!!!:pinkie:

ikastrems
January 24th, 2008, 6:46pm
Getting mine on January 29. Pkg 8lb. From SYLMAR,
CA. What will I get in 5 days?

MRatt
January 24th, 2008, 7:01pm
How cool would it be if you could just put your address in UPS and see if something is on it's way. Better yet be notified when a package has been entered into their system headed to you?!

Janir
January 24th, 2008, 7:04pm
Oh yeah, that would be awesome, then you could actually plan ahead!

ikastrems
January 24th, 2008, 7:14pm
Getting mine on January 29. Pkg 8lb. From SYLMAR,
CA. What will I get in 5 days?

Rookiesmom
January 24th, 2008, 7:20pm
Hmmm! I won the Glad sweeps on the 8th of Jan. I checked the reference # and see that something was shipped today to my zip..it was 8 pounds...is there anyway I can tell if that package is addressed to me?

bwsmom
January 24th, 2008, 7:30pm
How cool would it be if you could just put your address in UPS and see if something is on it's way. Better yet be notified when a package has been entered into their system headed to you?!

The notification feature is available, provided that the company sending the prize out uses QuantumView on the UPS website. It will automatically send you an email letting you know that something's headed your way, from where, when it shipped, and provide a tracking number and estimated delivery date. Word to the wise - QuantumView emails tend to look like spam emails, but they're NOT!

I know at least one big-time winner here at OLS used to call FedEx once a week "just to see if anything's coming [her] way." I'm too chicken to do that, but it certainly sounded like a good idea!

Hmmm! I won the Glad sweeps on the 8th of Jan. I checked the reference # and see that something was shipped today to my zip..it was 8 pounds...is there anyway I can tell if that package is addressed to me?

If you have the tracking number, I believe you can call UPS to find out if it's coming to your address, but I'm not entirely sure on that. Maybe someone else here has more experience with that?

bwsmom
January 24th, 2008, 7:30pm
By the way.... which Glad contest are we talking about here? I know of two out there right now (both premium, I believe, so feel free to pm me if it's a premium one).

Janir
January 24th, 2008, 8:45pm
I'm guilty of calling FedEx every once in a while too, "JUST IN CASE!"

Brittles
January 24th, 2008, 8:57pm

I was wondering that too as one is scheduled for delivery in my town on Monday. I sure hope it's for me as I'm not sure if I actually won this prize or not. I was playing the game for awhile and always got a sorry then all of a sudden I tried to play and got a yeah you already won message. That was back in November and right up to the last day everytime I tried to play I would get the same message. So I'm hoping it's for real as I really wanted this prize.

lifesfun
January 24th, 2008, 10:23pm
Well someone in my town is getting a pkg. today........ hopefully me!!!:pinkie:

I just tried that reference number 1220-44 with my zip and there's one headed to this zip too. :shocked3:

Hope it's me, whatever it is. It's an 8lb package.

Jennifer
January 25th, 2008, 12:22am
I put that reference code in for me too, and it also says there is an 8lb package coming to my city!! I hope it's for me!! Unfortunately, I think I know of at least a couple other OLS'ers that live in my city!

steadier
January 25th, 2008, 12:31am
Mine will be delivered 1/28

Jennifer
January 25th, 2008, 12:40am
Just to add, it is from the Glad Holiday Sweeps, a premium sweep. 8lb package will include some glad products, a cookbook, etc. There is a thread for it in the premium winners circle.

Although I don't remember ever winning this, I really hope the one coming to my zip code is for me!! I guess I have a 1:35,000 chance it's for me - I live in a relatively small city!

tawnjun
January 25th, 2008, 2:26am
I just checked my zip. Two are being delivered to my zip. Somebody in my zip code must be a sweeper too! Says I should get mine by the 28th!