PDA

View Full Version : Buying a New House--When To Change Your RoboForm Address??

captmonk1
January 24th, 2008, 11:45am
Ok I am closing on a new house on 2-29-2008. It's a done deal and happening on that date. ( Barring earthquakes etc. )

What are everyones experience on moving and entering contests? When should I start using the new address?

If I start using it now....even for contests that end after 2-29-2008...what if spam mail starts showing up at the new house? Would that be tacky since I don't own it yet?

Any and all advice welcome.

:sumo:

crmtigger
January 24th, 2008, 11:52am
You could get one of those boxes at the Mailbox stores. I know they are a little spendy but you can get it for a month or 2 and then have it chenged to the new address after you move in. I know you said it is a done deal but as a Realtor, I have seen deals fall apart at the last minute.

mlminwilm
January 24th, 2008, 11:56am
I began using my new address just as soon as I knew it.

anjasmom
January 24th, 2008, 11:57am
yeah that is definitely a hard one, I have always gone on a sweeping hiatus when I knew that I was moving because what was the point? But that is extremely frustrating too........last time I moved I KNOW that wins went to my old house..........but the po box is also a great idea I had not thought of....

good luck with whatever you decide to do! :pinkie:

caseycupcake
January 24th, 2008, 12:04pm
Change to your new address. Then fill out one of those yellow cards from the post office. They can hold mail in your name for up to 30 days. If your carrier has half a brain, he will deliver the other peoples mail, but hold yours at the PO. I wouldn't expect you'd be getting any mail.

jill92802
January 24th, 2008, 12:22pm
If possible, make friends with the new owners of your old place ;)

secular
January 24th, 2008, 12:23pm
Now. :)