PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where I could find 4x6 postcards?

Winterlover7
January 23rd, 2008, 3:27pm
Just wondering because I see some new sweepstakes were posted today where they want you to send in a 4x6 postcard. If anyone could give me any suggestions where I may be able to find 4x6 postcards it would be greatly appreciated. I've actually wanted to find out where I could find postcards this size for a while now but am just posting now because I really would like to enter some of the new sweepstakes posted today. Thanks for any information you can provide me.

themasta
January 23rd, 2008, 3:33pm
just buy 4x6 index cards...

crackercrumb
January 23rd, 2008, 5:10pm
i always make my own...

Janir
January 23rd, 2008, 5:20pm
I either use index cards OR cut the USPS pre-stamped ones down to 4X6

lassie
January 23rd, 2008, 5:29pm
How do you go about making your own? I am scared of not doing it right and wasting a stamp.

Judithlh
January 23rd, 2008, 5:30pm
Check the rules. If they say 4x6 card, you can buy index cards @ the offfice supply store, in 3x5, 4x6, 5x8.
If they actually specify postcard, you may need to buy souvenir picture postcards at the grocery or Walgreen's and if necessary measure and cut to size.

If they specify that the card is to be mailed in a #10 envelope, it's pretty certain that they want index cards.

Postcards from the Post Office are 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 (I think). They are pre-stamped; you pay for the card and the postage together.
If you send souvenir picture postcards, you can buy postcard rate stamps for 26c.

It's been 3 or 4 yrs. since I was actively sending in snails. So if my information is incorrect or outdated, or I just can't remember, please feel free to jump in here.

Being a former junior stamp collector, I love the pretty, colorful commemorative stamps, and was always happy to stand in line to buy the prettiest, splashiest stamps and use those for my snail entries. I don't know if it made a big difference on the wins, but it gave me pleasure to use the pretty stamps.

SweepingBeauty
January 23rd, 2008, 5:37pm
first use cardstock or cardboard and cut it to 4 X 6-label and keep, use old greeting card fronts as your postcard, cut the excess off.:grin3:

crackercrumb
January 23rd, 2008, 5:41pm
first use cardstock or cardboard and cut it to 4 X 6-label and keep, use old greeting card fronts as your postcard, cut the excess off.:grin3:

exactly how i go about it..

Katmagick
January 23rd, 2008, 5:43pm
www.puzzlepostcardsandmore.com

They should have some 4x6.

Winterlover7
January 23rd, 2008, 8:06pm
See I didn't think the Post Office sold more than the standard size postcard. I've been trying to find souvenir postcards but not too many stores around me sell them unfortunately. Hopefully I will be able to find some somehow.

obxhatteraslight
January 23rd, 2008, 8:09pm
for sweepstaking is a papercutter. You can get one reasonably priced at staples and cut your own. The options are endless as the craft stores seem to have really nice cardstock on sale all the time. Heck even wallymart would have a papercutter as well as card stock

TawnyNY
January 23rd, 2008, 8:09pm
I buy 4x6 blank index cards at the grocery store and just stick a first class stamp on them. I know others like to draw and add glitter or stamps on them. I just do my plain.

obxhatteraslight
January 23rd, 2008, 8:22pm
you can even make postcards out of cereal boxes etc
Also there are some ppl that list them for auction on this site

ResourcePress
January 23rd, 2008, 8:25pm
for sweepstaking is a papercutter. You can get one reasonably priced at staples and cut your own. The options are endless as the craft stores seem to have really nice cardstock on sale all the time. Heck even wallymart would have a papercutter as well as card stock

I have a great little papercutter that I use all the time for snailing. The papercutter has a sliding sharp edge and is pretty compact.

maryn07
January 24th, 2008, 12:10am
You can usually find 4x6 photo paper at Dollar Tree. Most brands are as stiff as a postcard.

Nubbs820
January 24th, 2008, 12:32am
I buy 4x6 index cards and let my kids decorate the front with stickers from the dollar store. I buy the pamplet of stickers where there's like 300 stickers for $1.. can't beat it and the kids love to do it :)

obxhatteraslight
January 24th, 2008, 6:46am
Michaels has clearanced postcard calendars for 40 cents

lfainma
January 24th, 2008, 7:20am
Being an old time snail-mailer, I will offer this advise. Over the years of talking with employees of fulfillment houses (DL Blair and other major firms) the vast majority of people just want a POSTCARD. I am sure certain companies will disqualify you for not using the EXACT size but most will be fine with a standard postcard (3.5 X 5.5) I know other senior snailers will disagree with me but I have won most of my wins with mail-ins. Good luck.