PDA

View Full Version : quick question

crackercrumb
January 23rd, 2008, 1:40am
how many of you, when entering a sweep, click "ok" to recieve a newsletter?

if you click "no thanks" to recieve their newsletter, do they have filters that filter out your entry?

time2travel
January 23rd, 2008, 1:50am
I click "No" to all the newsletters and offers, except the few occasions when it is something I'm really interested in. Even if it's a product I like and use, I don't necessarily want more stuff in my email inbox. And I've won many great prizes, so I don't think it has hurt me any. Legally, I'm fairly certain they can't exclude anyone for checking "no thanks."
GL!

Jerrysgirl
January 23rd, 2008, 2:08am
I'd say MOST of the time I check "no". If it's a product that I find interesting I most likely press the "yes" button.

I'm not sure about the other part of your question. I think though, (by law) can't exclude your enter for checking "no".

Yes, I've WON a sweep or two after checking the "no" subscribe button!

GeekBearingGifts
January 23rd, 2008, 2:26am
Legally, I'm fairly certain they can't exclude anyone for checking "no thanks."

Depends on the rules, doesn't it? Some specifically state they are only for subscribers, and some won't even submit if you don't accept the subscription.

I only enter for things that I want, and I only subscribe to newsletters I want (unless I have to subscribe to get a prize I really want.)

Miki
January 23rd, 2008, 2:29am
I click "No" to all the newsletters and offers, except the few occasions when it is something I'm really interested in. Even if it's a product I like and use, I don't necessarily want more stuff in my email inbox. And I've won many great prizes, so I don't think it has hurt me any. Legally, I'm fairly certain they can't exclude anyone for checking "no thanks."
GL!

Ditto

Good luck to you!

crackercrumb
January 23rd, 2008, 5:09pm
thanks for your answers guys!

good luck to you all!