PDA

View Full Version : Is it OK to post a family member's sweep?

Chinya
January 22nd, 2008, 12:41pm
My wonderful daughter Jill is a stay-at-home mom, mother to my two TOTALLY GORGEOUS granddaughters, and she has a home business; she makes custom t-shirts with real Swarovski crystals. The shirts are gorgeous! She has a website, www.twinklingtees.com, and she would like to run a sweepstakes with one of her shirts as the prize in order to bring people to her website to see her products.

My question is this: if she does run the sweepstakes, is it OK (ie, within OLS rules) for me to post it in the new sweeps section? I don't want it to seem like advertising, and since it will be a valid sweep with a valid prize, I think it should be ok for me, as her mom, to post it. Am I correct?

Any suggestions for how she should structure the sweep? Do you think she should just make it an "enter your info and I'll pick at random" or do you think she should require a search of some sort so that people actually look at her creations? I appreciate any advice or ideas to give her to make it a nice sweep for all to enter.

Thanks to all for your advice!:smile11:

Globug_47
January 22nd, 2008, 12:51pm
I don't know about anything...... but I do know the tee's are gorgeous and that your DD does great work.

I bookmarked the link so that I can order some tee's for my granddaughters'. They'll love them!

Hope that you can post a sweep.... I don't see where it should be a problem.

Tarah716
January 22nd, 2008, 12:53pm
I don't see why not - we have a few members who run sweepstakes with their "goods" as prizes. GinGin and Glam come to mind quickly - they both run or have ran sweeps with their product as the prize.

WOW! Those shirts are amazing! I would def. enter a sweep and maybe even buy - those would be cute presents for our friends kids!

harley1
January 22nd, 2008, 12:56pm
Wow! What a wonderful site! I love the tees for kids and moms too!

alisha5024
January 22nd, 2008, 1:04pm
She has some awesome stuff really cute too!

guruwan2b
January 22nd, 2008, 1:17pm
Damn. I had to click on it. Now I will have to buy one for my grand daughter.... Then my daughter will want one.... And I really like them, too......

PAbound
January 22nd, 2008, 1:55pm
Those tees are sooo cute...I know my granddaughter would love them!

Will be back in the Spring to order.:gvibes::gvibes:

PRECIOUS
January 22nd, 2008, 2:04pm
I think they are adorable! Would love to enter for one :faces:

CrazyPants
January 22nd, 2008, 2:08pm
Oh man... Those Minnie shirts are calling my DD's name! She does fantastic work. Bookmarked for future purchasing!!

Gaylep
January 22nd, 2008, 2:11pm
So Cute! We have a little princess too!

RockysJewel
January 22nd, 2008, 2:11pm
YEs you can ...just do add a sweep and add like a regular sweepstakes.

Curr4001
January 22nd, 2008, 2:19pm
The tees are so cute! I'll have to enter and if I don't win you know I'll be there buying.

kinchst
January 22nd, 2008, 2:26pm
You daughter makes gorgeous shirts. I will definately be ordering on for my niece. Thanks for posting the link.

April1p
January 22nd, 2008, 2:34pm
I think you just got her all kinds of advertising...lol. She does beautiful work and I wish I had a little girl to buy for. I like the breast cancer awareness shirts and might have to get one for myself;).

SaneDough
January 22nd, 2008, 2:40pm
These are too cute!

i will be ordering from her for sure!

And best of luck to her on her business!

stonybuff
January 22nd, 2008, 2:42pm
beautiful shirts! I love them!

AnahsSkcor
January 22nd, 2008, 2:44pm
Wow her work is beautiful i wish i would've known about these awhile ago i would've ordered one for my daughters birthday this sat she will be 2

ariyana9501
January 22nd, 2008, 2:54pm
Gorgeous shirts! My 2 DD's would love them!!!!!

Lorren
January 22nd, 2008, 4:38pm
Why not?

My dh writes novels when/if he has free time, and if he ever publishes another one I'm going to hold a sweep! If the big companies can give away prizes to advertise no reason why you can't right? I'm sure that some of the smaller companies like Mamanista or Mymomshops are really somebody running a small business out of their homes, so a sweep by your daughter is not really any different, other than you know the person holding the sweep.