PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone that may know....

MCosumano
January 20th, 2008, 9:28pm
Ok so I return to work next week which is cool but now I am worried that I may be missing things at home. I guess my question is have any of you had to deal with sponsors when you were not at home. I travel for my job VERY often and dont expect to be home very much form next week until June. I have this feeling that I am going to win something cool and not be home to recieve affys or something that I will need to get my prizes.
I will have acces to my e-mail and my phone but I will not be at home. Do you think sponsors will mail me affys wherever I am? What should I do if I do not know where I will be day to day? Anyone have any advice, ideas suggestions, comments, anything????

SillyLilly
January 20th, 2008, 9:33pm
If I were in your shoes, I'd find someone trustworthy to check your door at least every other day for affy-sized envelopes from UPS and FedEx.

If you get one they can fax it to you and you can take care of it from wherever you are.

MCosumano
January 20th, 2008, 9:37pm
My boyfriend is at home and would be able to get the mail daily I am just worried that due to time restraints and me not knowing where I will be day to day that he could not forward me stuff in time. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

fastfreddie1959
January 20th, 2008, 9:43pm
Then boyfriend can send next day air.
Not to expensive-around $13.50 last time i did it.:wink3:

SillyLilly
January 20th, 2008, 9:48pm
My boyfriend is at home and would be able to get the mail daily I am just worried that due to time restraints and me not knowing where I will be day to day that he could not forward me stuff in time. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

As long as you're near a fax, it should be able to be faxed to you AFAIK. I don't think they need original papers back.

margarita_mama
January 20th, 2008, 9:55pm
Then boyfriend can send next day air.
Not to expensive-around $13.50 last time i did it.:wink3:

yes. When I go on vacation, I leave specific instructions with my neighbor (whom I trust).
She checks for packages/envelopes when she collects the mail and has my permission to open up anything that even remotely looks important. She always has my number and will call me for further instructions. If necesary, I will find a fax machine and I always leave her money to send me the info via fax, or as FF suggested, via overnight delivery.

We've not had a problem so far claiming wins while away from home.