PDA

View Full Version : Have you brought a premium membership??

AMFLYER7
January 20th, 2008, 6:38pm
I've been on here for 5 years and never consider it........
Does everyone have a paid membership or just some and is it really beneficial and are most of your winnings from the premium membership?

GeekBearingGifts
January 20th, 2008, 6:47pm
I'm a premium member, and the MySweeps organization tools (Shazam! and Count) and extra sweeps are well worth the cost.

OLS Premium Membership Benefits
Exclusive access to our premium sweepstakes and contest listings. Our experienced editors set aside approximately 30% of the most winnable sweepstakes and contests offering many of the better prizes for the exclusive use of our premium members- currently 1,646 out of 5,528 sweeps are premium, 42% more sweeps than the 3,882 that are available to non-premium members (as of July 27, 2005).

Real-time updates of our sweepstakes and contest listings. Premium members have immediate access to all newly submitted sweepstakes and contests. Non-premium members normally have to wait a day for sweeps to be checked and approved by an editor. Most of our new sweep listings are added here before they can be found listed anywhere else. Knowing about a sweep a couple of days or even a day earlier can make a difference, especially with sweeps having short entry periods which are quite often some of the most winnable.

Advanced MySweeps™ Features. Powerful, easy to use tools that help save you time and keep your sweeping organized.
Save an unlimited number of sweeps in MySweeps.
Track and record the number of entries and the last date and time of your last entry for every sweep.
Shazam! - open all the sweeps on a page at once in a new window or tab with a click of a button, and record all the entries in MySweeps™ with another simple click of a button. This is a huge timesaver, most of our members report they are able to enter the same number of sweeps in 1/3 to 1/2 the time.
Expired MySweeps - a permanent, search-able archive of your saved sweeps after they have expired.

123FlashChat. One of the best chat systems available.

Access to our Premium members-only forums. Currently Premium Members, Premium Winner's Circle and Premium Winner Lists forums.

Enjoy Online-Sweepstakes.com banner and Google ad-free. Online-Sweepstakes.com is a very clean and responsive web site as it is, but premium members get an even faster, more responsive web site without the clutter and additional space the ads occupy.

Additional Privileges in the Forums.
Larger Private Message storage - 250 messages.
10MB of attachment storage.
Upload your own customized avatar.

What are premium sweepstakes and contests and how are they determined?
Premium sweepstakes and contests are sweep listings that are available exclusively to our premium members.

Our editors, expert sweepers in their own right, decide which sweepstakes and contests to designate premium based on the following general criteria:
Sweeps that are heavily advertised or sponsored by well-known companies should be made freely available to all.
Sweeps that are not well-known or hard to find, particularly those with good and/or many prizes, should be made premium.
The percentage of sweeps designated premium should be kept between 20 - 30% of the total sweeps in the OLS directory. Note: The percentage tends to be much closer to the high-end of the scale (30%), and sometimes a bit over.
Premium OLS member or not, anyone who submits a sweep to OLS will always have full access to that sweep even if it's made a premium.

willows00
January 20th, 2008, 7:01pm
i don't know what percentage have it but i'd say over 90% of my wins are premiums.

chancebunny
January 20th, 2008, 7:02pm
My winnings come from both premium and non-premium sweeps. You definitely get the chance to enter a lot more sweeps if you are a premium member. You can always try the 3 month plan and see how you like it.

Globug_47
January 20th, 2008, 7:15pm
The benefits of being premium is being able to have access to a lot more sweeps with great prizes.

I guess that I lurked here on OLS for about a year before I even knew anything about being "premium". Had it not been for my sister, MamaFairal, I never would have known. I went "green" that very second!

And what a difference. Hundreds and hundreds of wonderful sweeps for me to enter! I was like a kid in a candy store!

I love having Shazam, MySweeps counter..... I mean, it just makes sweeping so much easier and so much fun.

Trust me when I tell you, if you go "green".... you'll never go back. :wink3:

HappyHusky
January 20th, 2008, 7:15pm
premium member here and have won more than $36,000 worth of stuff in 2 years. Go green or go home! LOL :)

Lady Luck
January 20th, 2008, 7:22pm
I'm a premium member. I'd say about 90% of my winning are from premium sweeps.
So, if you can afford it, jump on board!!!

joanieo
January 20th, 2008, 7:23pm
I have been here a long time and then tried green for 3 months. What a difference I paid for the year in August. I always thought it was a waste if I had to pay but like I said what a huge difference. Last year I won about 6,000 worth of stuff and I do not know how much but a huge supply of freebies. Before that was winning like 200. a year. So at least try for a few months and then make your own mind up.

JH33194
January 20th, 2008, 7:24pm
I am a premium member and have won MANY great prizes from premium sweeps with the latest being a $37,000 prize!! So yes, I would say it is WELL worth it!!

SheShe
January 20th, 2008, 7:25pm
I guess if you feel your not really missing anything, it's no big deal..BUT, I can say that once you do have a premium membership and it expires, you definitely see a huge difference and miss having it.

chrismyk
January 20th, 2008, 7:29pm
I have had a premium membership for 3 years and I say it's worth it.

I have won several small things but in November I won a Ford Focus on premium sweep.

anny31
January 20th, 2008, 7:36pm
$30 a month is nothing compared to what i won! im so glad i found this site, its well worth it!

i just won $1000 from a premium...i wouldnt have seen it or entered it if i hadnt had the premium...i only entered 4 times and it was running for 3 mo.

SaneDough
January 20th, 2008, 7:39pm
I was Premium, then I wasn't:bike: then I got it again...:scoot:

until you lose it and come back to it, you can't fully appreciate how much you were missing.

I love my premium!

I win mostly on the premium...

Go Green!!!!

patty4899
January 20th, 2008, 7:39pm
I bought the premium within the 1st couple of days and re newed in December. My biggest instant $3200.00 was from a premium in October, also most of my wins are from premium.

Tonysopranogirl
January 20th, 2008, 7:45pm
Was so worth it my winning last year were mostly premiums! Ok I do want to add having a premium is like getting really great tools to do a job. You still need to make sure you enter and go over the sweeps. If you don't enter you will not win!
Go for it at thirty bucks it is worth the risk and you won't regret it!!

hudson9610
January 20th, 2008, 7:56pm
I'd say after one or two wins after going green you wont go back

I win alot on premiums and right after I paid for another year I won $60. woth of stuff
so that basicly paid for my being green

angelfish
January 20th, 2008, 7:58pm
Also one of the perks about being premium is that once you are, you can access all of the surveys and with very little effort you can actually earn enough to pay for your continuing membership that way.:)

tamiwami
January 20th, 2008, 8:00pm
When I first came here, a very sweet lady gifted me a 3 month membership and I have never let that lapse. There were SO many more sweeps (and better ones). Almost all of my wins have been premium. Well worth the yearly fee.

It's actually time for me to re-new again and I am ready for at least one more year of trying to win a HOF prize.

jgates8
January 20th, 2008, 8:02pm
What am I missing on the survey part? Evidently I haven't been paying much attention.

mlminwilm
January 20th, 2008, 8:04pm
O dear goodness yes it worth it~!

ResourcePress
January 20th, 2008, 8:04pm
Most of my big wins are from premiums.

motherogod
January 20th, 2008, 8:09pm
The only thing I don't like is when I wait until my end-of date to renew, I have about a week lapse in greendom. So I renew about a week early, and that date is my renewal date. I only get 51 weeks for the $30 instead of a whole year. It did it like that last year, too. Kind of wish that it would apply on the expiration date instead of the actual date you pay with paypal.

Otherwise, I have no complaints!

inspiringmind
January 20th, 2008, 8:11pm
GO Green!

And I think you could win the record for being on the site the longest and have the fewest posts without having 0 posts. LOL

RockysJewel
January 20th, 2008, 8:12pm
yes, yes and yes

angelfish
January 20th, 2008, 8:12pm
What am I missing on the survey part? Evidently I haven't been paying much attention.

If you look in the freebies section there are lots of great survey sites that really pay and lots of great heads-up from the many helpful members here. I have not had to pay for my membership out of pocket in ages since I started doing surveys.

sissy76
January 20th, 2008, 8:14pm
I am a premium member and bought the membership about the third day after finding this fabulous place. Is it worth it? Depends on you... try it out for a month, to see if you like it and if its worth it to you.

I think I would be lost without my membership here.

mrssquigg
January 20th, 2008, 8:26pm
$30 a month is nothing compared to what i won! im so glad i found this site, its well worth it!

i just won $1000 from a premium...i wouldnt have seen it or entered it if i hadnt had the premium...i only entered 4 times and it was running for 3 mo.

Did you mean $30 a year? :wink3:

Jessica
January 20th, 2008, 8:38pm
It's worth it to me because of Shazam and the counting features. You could find all the same sweeps listed elsewhere, but it's nice to have them all here in one place and easily organized. It's really a time saver issue for me. I always manage to win something that exceeds in value the price of the membership. :)

samf36
January 20th, 2008, 8:48pm
I bought one in aug and I enjoy all the benfits it offers.

AnnaMolly
January 20th, 2008, 8:52pm
A premium membership is well worth it to me. I have never been able to pay for a year, so I get it three months at a time.
Also, last year I was green starting from March 8th, I bought three three month subscriptions and was gifted one, I had a little over $400 in wins, so it's worth it to me.

lucky1fader
January 20th, 2008, 8:56pm
I can find sweeps elsewhere, but it takes more time and I have to do my own keeping track. As soon as I can afford premium, I'll get it!

jaklackus
January 20th, 2008, 8:59pm
If I was actually still entering sweeps on a regular basis I would re-up my green right away....but for the past year I do theme entering (vehicles one day. electronics the next week...etc)...since I am lazy about entering sweeps..I am going to wait until I have $30 in my paypal account...which builds up about $5 at a time via surveys...the only problem is I tend to spend it right around the $20-$25 mark and have to start over. Green IS worth it if you are dedicated to the hobby..right now I am sort of burnt out on it....but thanks to green I won a year's supply of diapers and baby food 2 years ago...worth about $1600 and free diapers while 2 are in diapers is AWESOME!

jeburr24
January 20th, 2008, 9:09pm
To channel Gordon Gecko: Green is good. Green works. :yesyes:

jacksgrl
January 20th, 2008, 9:25pm
Most of my wins are premium and it really pays for itself early on each year. I could not imagine not having it! :royal1:

shecandoit
January 20th, 2008, 9:26pm
I just renewed my premium membership. Green is good!

grimmouse
January 20th, 2008, 9:36pm
not premium after 5 years?!!!! :shocked3: Go Premium, it'll be like having the greatest sweepstakes orgasm ever!

sis7460
January 20th, 2008, 9:40pm
And would not consider being anything but green...:toast1:

wgt1
January 20th, 2008, 9:47pm
As far as I'm concerned, a green membership is a must. I have won many prizes from premium sweeps, but that is only part of the reason. OLS has provided me so many hours of entertainment that I am happy to pay the very small price for membership. This site is obviously a lot of hard work, and I appreciate it being here -- even if the premiums weren't a benefit I would be happy to pay.

DDFuller
January 20th, 2008, 10:19pm
I would also say that most of my wins are premiums. The membership will totally pay for itself in no time, because you will most probably win something that is worth more than the $30. (which breaks down to $2.50 a month)

Lorren
January 20th, 2008, 11:09pm
The only thing I don't like is when I wait until my end-of date to renew, I have about a week lapse in greendom. So I renew about a week early, and that date is my renewal date. I only get 51 weeks for the $30 instead of a whole year. It did it like that last year, too. Kind of wish that it would apply on the expiration date instead of the actual date you pay with paypal.

I haven't had that happen to me. I renewed about 3 weeks early this time because we had the money, and they just tacked it on to the end of my current subscription.

jus_like_honey
January 20th, 2008, 11:33pm
I think it is well worth the money! Every prize that I have ever won has been from a premium sweep! I think there is a lot more competition for the non-premium sweeps, just my opinion!

mariebow
January 20th, 2008, 11:34pm
I have won three trips, and much more, I try to pay for my subscription doing surveys, but when I don't I get the three months which is $12.50.:wink3:

luv911fun
January 21st, 2008, 1:30am
i was curious if being green would be worth it, so i marked all my wins from premium contests with a ** in my list. obviously, it works. you can find those sweeps elsewhere, but OLS has them organized so well, it saves me so much time, it is totally worth it.

consider green!! :gvibes:

clallen1971
January 21st, 2008, 1:42am
if you are here for the sweeps then go green for 3 mths and see what there is to offer if you can.

if you are here for the freebies and surveys then there is no need to be green.

i can tell by your post count that you aren't here for the chit chat... i am pretty much here for all of the above. i love being green.

good luck to you!

WriterKathy1
January 21st, 2008, 8:51am
I won a premium sweepstakes, with a $1000 prize, just 3 months after going premium, so it definitely paid for itself. I have been premium 2 years now, and I would estimate 75 - 90 % of my wins are from premium sweeps. There are more sweeps to enter, so the odds of winning something is better. I'd never go back, I love premium membership!

birdpix
January 21st, 2008, 9:14am
Most of my wins are from Premium sweeps, and I *LOVE* Shazam to boot.:clap:

Within 1 year of going premium, been blessed w/ 2 trip wins, 2 HOF cash wins, and more other great stuff than I could have ever imagined. Best return on investment ever! :cloud9:

Being premium wont WIN you more, but it does give you access to more and often better sweeps and it makes life easier. :love:

iamsasyk
January 21st, 2008, 9:38am
I have a premium and have not won a thing BUT I Can't let it lapse as I don't want to miss anything! I like being green:yesyes:

Secret1
January 21st, 2008, 9:43am
I came back to this site in Mid March.. Bought the premium membership around the 21th of March for 3 months to try out, less than 2 months later on May 10th I won a 10,000 cash prize from a premium contest. On June 21st I received the 10,000 check exactly 3 months from the date of my membership expired. I then bought a year membership. I would advise try the 3 month membership and go from there..

In the 9 or so months that I had my premium membership from March to December I had won over 18,000 To me it is definately worth it!

cubhill
January 21st, 2008, 9:52am
I am close to trying for 3 months but can someone explain this Shazam to me? Is it a program that you have to download? I get nervous with new programs. Can someone help me with this? Thanks
Just love this site and would like to win more.

iamsasyk
January 21st, 2008, 9:53am
am I doing something wrong or are some people deemed (by the stars of fate and luck)more in need(for lack of a better term) that others? Just curious

guruwan2b
January 21st, 2008, 9:59am
I've probably won $10,000 worth of prizes since coming to this site. As soon as Premium started, I signed up. I haven't let it lapse since day one.

It's all luck of the draw, but the more you enter the more you have a chance to win.

jazzyblue21
January 21st, 2008, 10:08am
I believe in fully supporting this site. It is unlike any other on the web, and I'm sure it has a hefty cost to maintain.

I feel the same way about my union. I could just pay "fair share", but I want to have full membership and all of the advantages such membership affords me.

Voting is another "full membership" item on my list.

Plus, I think you will simply love the benefits for a mere $30.00 a year.

guruwan2b
January 21st, 2008, 10:17am
Supporting the site is a biggie for me, too. I don't know what I would do if it ever went away.:shocked:

iamsasyk
January 21st, 2008, 10:23am
I AM glad I am supporting this site.....at the very least....What would I do with allthis extra time?!

gfafan72
January 21st, 2008, 10:30am
I was a premmie.. and yes it's worth it! Will be green again soon! one you go green it's hard when your not anymore lol.... and yes most of my wins are from the prem....
Gina

Tweaka
January 21st, 2008, 10:32am
I haven't won anything that was a premium but the prizes are so much better.
I KNOW that the big one is coming..

Plus I love this site:love: and am happy to support it. Plus I can access it at work.. Shhhh!

Karen_246
January 21st, 2008, 10:36am
The big thing is, enter enter enter, it takes persistance to win.

jennem
January 21st, 2008, 10:37am
Well worth it!

rooster385
January 21st, 2008, 11:59pm
Until a couple of years ago, I was doing sweeps on about three different sites, and it does get a bit confusing to do that without DQ'ing often. Being green here saves a lot of time and confusion for me. I don't think I'll ever go back, after going green.

Kyotehiker
January 22nd, 2008, 12:20am
:sherlock:I am very glad I upgraded to the premium. You will be amazed at how many more contest are offered. It's worth it...

GeekBearingGifts
January 22nd, 2008, 12:27am
I am close to trying for 3 months but can someone explain this Shazam to me? Is it a program that you have to download? I get nervous with new programs. Can someone help me with this? Thanks
Just love this site and would like to win more.

There is a Shazam! button on each page in MySweeps for premium members. It will open each sweep's entry page in a new browser window or tab for you with one click (before using Shazam!, reduce the number of sweeps/page unless you have a very fast computer and a high speed connection--go to the Options/Help tab at the top of the page, then click on Sweep Options) Work in tabs if your browser will allow you to, and you'll be able to enter even faster.

Jennifer
January 23rd, 2008, 12:38pm
To be bluntly honest here, premium is well worth it but..... I am only premium for the organization factor. I love having all my sweeps in one place. You don't need a premium membership just for the sweeps because you can find them elsewhere. I don't pay for the sweeps, I pay for the organization and other features. I love the shazam feature, as well as the ability to keep track of when you entered last... it really does help.

You can't just have a premium membership for a month or even 3 months to see if it works. You need to have it for 6 months, or better yet, a whole year to get the full effect. I am split pretty equally at 50/50 for premium and non-premium wins right now, so I'm doing ok.

I see the OP has already been turned green, so enjoy your new tools! What's more surprising is she's been here 5 years and made 6 posts to the forums :) That's about 1.2 posts per year!

alisha5024
January 23rd, 2008, 12:55pm
Yes I have and when I turn black I can't stand it green is so much better, I have bought a couple green memberships because it is worth it.

AMFLYER7
January 23rd, 2008, 1:59pm
Ok my fellow sweepers you have convinced me to buy one and i did the other day for 6 months..whoopee!!!!..now i really have to get back into massive sweeping......Thanks everyone for your advice

TraydonWins
January 23rd, 2008, 6:24pm
I haven't renewed for this year yet and I can certainly tell the difference! Being premium comes with much better tools and MUCH better sweeps. You can certainly win without it, but I find it much easier and more fun WITH it! Good luck!

AmandaBanana
January 24th, 2008, 12:50am
I went green right after I joined because I wanted to make sure I got the most out of this site and wouldn't miss out on great sweeps.

Bigfootsmother
January 24th, 2008, 1:02am
I can't imagine not being green!

snoopy4u2
January 24th, 2008, 1:38am
I sent the check last week!!!
just waiting to turn green

bigskwinner
January 24th, 2008, 6:42am
I think that last yr, one win was from a premium membership
but the premiums here are basically only worth while if yo u are U.S.
my wins come from sweeps i find in google alerts and my yahoo group