PDA

View Full Version : Time Spent On Entering Contests

Delilah17
January 20th, 2008, 2:55pm
I am just curious, how much time a day does everyone spend on entering contests, how many do you enter in a day, and do you only enter premium contests.

munashdamjjangel
January 20th, 2008, 3:01pm
I spend about 2 hrs a day. Thats as long as my baby takes a nap.

robsterclaw
January 20th, 2008, 3:01pm
I enter at least 2 hours a day on weekdays. Between 4 and 6 hours on Saturday, and Sunday varies but usually 3 or 4 hours.

lucky13
January 20th, 2008, 3:10pm
:snowman: Way to much.... sometimes I just need to stop and clean house or go out and do something.

tennjdog
January 20th, 2008, 3:13pm
Depends. 1-2 hours every day. Some days none (honey-do list day) and some as much as 4 or 5. Premium sweeps are available with premium membership (well worth the value).:grin3:

deb126
January 20th, 2008, 3:20pm
Well it depends on the day for me, during the week I start entering mysweeps when I first get up which is usually around 3:30-4:00, ( dont ask why so early) and I keep at them until I leave for work at 7:15 doing them in between getting ready for work, then If I get time during work, which I always manage to squeeze in a few sweeps I will do more of them checking on the new ones posted as well, then I will continue them at home in the evening after dinner/cleanup for another 3-4 hours, and on the weekends I dont do much else but enter sweeps, ( again in between cleaning/laundry/cooking) so I probably spend about 6-7 hours during weekdays, and 8 or more on weekends wow thats alot when I add it all up, but I dont really do anything else, before getting back into sweeping this past fall I was using that time to waste away in front of the tv I think maybe I need to find some other stuff to do but I am happy entering contests and besides I do get a few wins every now and then so its worth it to me.. I am fortunate that my kids are grown and my husband also has his own hobby ( learning chinese) so I dont get any complaints about me spending so much time on the computer, he even moved it upstairs so we could be closer when we are on our computers, used to be I was down in the basement where we had the computer set up initially but this way we are together both doing our own things and I like that. :grin2:

LisaSessions
January 20th, 2008, 3:33pm
I spend 1 to 2 hours a day entering. I have cable connection, use roboform and only enter sweeps I am interested in (right now I have about 600 in mysweeps). I really don't see how you could spend a whole lot more time entering unless you enter every sweep out there or have dial up. Some days I have other stuff to do and don't enter.

I haven't won anything large like a trip but I get small wins from time to time and enjoy hoping for the large ones. Last week I got a surprise win from Zatarain's. I gift box of spice mixes.

Sweeping is my hobby and as long as it continues to be enjoyable I'll keep plugging away. Good luck to all.

angelfish
January 20th, 2008, 3:45pm
Probably a couple of hours a day. Except for the instants and my dailies, I tend to multi-task and enter here and there throughtout the day as I come across the ones that interest me.:)

aquamarine
January 20th, 2008, 3:48pm
I spend about 3 hours weekdays, more on weekends. I hardly watch any television, so this takes the place of it. Hubby watches TV, I sit in the recliner next to his and enter, enter, enter! glta

smurf-42
January 20th, 2008, 3:51pm
About 2 hours a day. That is doing dailies and new sweeps. If I get done and have time left, I will check out the expiring sweeps to make sure I didn't miss any in there.

ORANJKAAT
January 20th, 2008, 4:01pm
About 2 hours here too, first thing i do when i wake up in the morning. then i usually putz on the computer the rest of the day in between work and errands and to do list.

birdpix
January 20th, 2008, 4:02pm
way too much usually... :wink3:

2 hours daily on average, with gust to 10 hours near months end if I'm way behind on entries!

Has it been worth it? OH YEAH!

LuckyPenny
January 20th, 2008, 4:04pm
So I see that some of you are just entering on the weekends and you win?

I thought weekends wouldn't be winners but I guess I was wrong.

GOOD LUCK

:toast1:

theladyluck
January 20th, 2008, 4:07pm
Depends on how I feel and what else I have to do. Some days when I have a lot of other things planned I don't enter any except for a few instants that I consider it really important not to miss. Those days I might spend no more than 15 or 20 minutes. And some days when I have a lot of time and feel like spending it entering sweeps I might spend up to four hours on them. Not many of them are 4-hour days, though.

cj741
January 20th, 2008, 4:12pm
It takes me from 1-2 hours a day. Do 24-hr sweeps first, then dailies, then new ones for the day before, this way I never get behind. :)

happysmileylady
January 20th, 2008, 4:16pm
Probably around an hour. I manage some sort of small win about every two months.

wmcr
January 20th, 2008, 4:17pm
I enter 2-3 hours a day and alittle less on the weekends. I enter only for the things I really want and most of them are premium. :wink3:

psalmstress
January 20th, 2008, 4:17pm
about half an hour and only about 20-30 a day. Have too much to do with work, kids, other activities. That and I'm a whole lot more selective in what I enter than I use to be. I'm not planning on getting remarried anytime soon and no babies in house so a lot of sweeps ruled out there alone. (lol)

KyPegasus
January 20th, 2008, 4:18pm
It usually takes me about 2 hours a day.:sleep2:

katz88
January 20th, 2008, 4:25pm
About 1-1 hours weekdays before I go to work. On weekends it's usually between 2 - 4, depending on if I have other stuff to do. I have around 650 sweeps and have been doing well considering I only started a year ago. This is a great hobby... and that's how I want to keep it, as a hobby.:grin3:

rooster385
January 20th, 2008, 4:38pm
I spend about three hours a day, usually split up into about one hour blocks. I used to spend more time and do just about every sweep I could, but that got boring after a few months. Now I only do the sweeps that are not too complicated and for things that I can actually use. I do around 260 daily, about 25 weekly and about 50 monthly. So far in the past month, I've won a loaf of Colonial bread, and a Plushie stuffed toy. Not much, but even the little ones are fun. Over the years, I have won a few good sweeps, enough to keep me going and have hope for better things. Still working on that car or motorcycle.

Lorren
January 20th, 2008, 4:44pm
I'm not sure... maybe 3 or 4?

On the weekdays I usually start around 8 when my alarm goes off. Around 9 or 10 I teach school, get the kids breakfast, etc., and I may have 1 or 2 sweeping breaks while dd takes a break from school work. Dd goes to her room for an hour between 2 and 3 while I sweep, and I might still be sweeping at 4.

I'm up and doing other things during my sweeping time... especially when the pages are loading I try to get up and do something else for a bit so I'm not wasting time.

EE7251
January 20th, 2008, 4:45pm
:fairy2: I usually enter 2-4 hrs weekdays and look for new contests on weekends so I'm usually on about 5-6 on weekends.:fairy2:

bigskwinner
January 20th, 2008, 4:46pm
I am just curious, how much time a day does everyone spend on entering contests, how many do you enter in a day, and do you only enter premium contests.

i try to enter every day
enter about 500 a day in 2 hrs or less
value of prizes so far this year is about $300

kinchst
January 20th, 2008, 4:51pm
I just recently got back into sweeping. I would say that I spend about 2 hrs/day during the week and about 4 hrs on the weekends. I try to cover sweeps that I may have missed during the week on the weekends.

hammonds
January 20th, 2008, 4:54pm
2-4 Hours a day here....probably more if I think about it. I feel like I'm spending way too much time doing it, but actually I used to spend about 6 hours a day doing it until a few years ago so I have cut back. It's fun and it's addicting and even though I don't win tons, it's still enjoyable for me.

serendipity
January 20th, 2008, 4:54pm
3 hours

obxhatteraslight
January 20th, 2008, 5:00pm
:snowman: Way to much.... sometimes I just need to stop and clean house or go out and do something.

Me too!!! Shhhh don`t wake up Charlotte she likes her cobwebs....:sumo:

Ohtiger
January 20th, 2008, 5:06pm
I spend about an hour and a half, usually daily. I've had (knock on wood) pretty good luck with a Mysweeps total of between 95 and 150 on a consistent basis. I usually bypass the Unlimited or 20 times a day Sweeps, and concentrate on the 1-time and the dailies that have big grand prizes or ones with many prizes.

Tluvr
January 20th, 2008, 5:25pm
I spend about 1-2 hours per day entering sweeps. That is average, somedays more, if I can get the time. Very fun! :grin3:

maria1234
January 20th, 2008, 5:37pm
I spend 30 minutes to an hour if I'm lucky on weekdays right before bedtime to wind down. I used to have more free time. Now I enter 1x sweeps, instants, and the occasional daily. I haven't won anything massive, but enough to keep me checking my mail!

HappyHusky
January 20th, 2008, 5:59pm
a few hours a day and I feel that my wins more than justify the time committment. I sweep before and after work.

The Seahorse Lady
January 20th, 2008, 6:16pm
As often as I can. Normally, about 2 to 3 hours per day. Now that I'm pretty sick and not leaving the house much, I've been spending much more time on OLS. I started posting alot again too which helps me mentally forget about feeling icky.

brenske
January 20th, 2008, 6:24pm
I have too much to do to "sweep" more than that....plus it gets annoying and takes the fun out of it.....

tupik3702
January 20th, 2008, 6:25pm
Entering in the morning, entering in the evening, entering at supper time, have my little laptop and entering all the time...............

Actually, I'm afraid to put a pencil to it as I might go into "ENTERING SWEEPSTAKE SHOCK"

So, some things are just better to be left alone..........lol.:curtsy:

vegas1
January 20th, 2008, 7:01pm
Probably about 3 hours a day. I usually enter while we are watching TV. :grin3:

denyse_g
January 20th, 2008, 7:11pm
At least 3 hours a day- I enter all my dailies, 24 hour ones and always check the expiring and new sweeps!

patty4899
January 20th, 2008, 7:51pm
A couple of hours a day, I've cut way back, just not enough time.:shocked3:

mlminwilm
January 20th, 2008, 8:05pm
Roughly 2 hours per day total, but rarely all in one sitting. That is done off and on all day as time allows. :grin3:

ResourcePress
January 20th, 2008, 8:06pm
About an hour a day, more for end of the month one timers and more when I do snails and contests. I enter premium and nonpremium.

IplaymyGuitar
January 20th, 2008, 8:10pm
30mins-1 hour depending on what I have going on. Sometimes I skip it all together. if i dont have nything going on that day, a good 2 hours.