PDA

View Full Version : Annual Income . . .

n2deep2quit
January 20th, 2008, 10:06am
how do you feel about the entry forms and ask for your annual income?

Do you supply it?

If it is an option to say "prefer not to share" or whatever I choose that, but I've run across a few that require this field.

Thoughts?

aaskur999
January 20th, 2008, 10:11am
NO WAY...Never!!! its none of their business...I just dont enter those

mlminwilm
January 20th, 2008, 10:13am
I always enter mine because its so low I figure they might feel sorry for me and let me win. :D

tlak
January 20th, 2008, 10:14am
Some force you to answer to continue. I never tell actual, always the lowest figure. Somebody once said you might get less contact if they don't think you make anything. Also it's just data collecting, nothing to do with the sweeps.

dovie
January 20th, 2008, 10:14am
I could care less, as I understand they are giving out prizes in the hopes that they are reaching their target audience and I take it as something that goes along with the hobby. I actually have found a ton of great products and sites that I would never have known about had it not been for sweeping.

jeepers
January 20th, 2008, 10:25am
I always enter mine because its so low I figure they might feel sorry for me and let me win. :D

haha, I feel the same. Sometimes, though, I put down the top amount just to make me feel better... But honestly, I'm poor folk.

IplaymyGuitar
January 20th, 2008, 10:32am

lol me too

venus_de_milo
January 20th, 2008, 10:42am
I answer accurately, it's just a demographic thing anyway.

grandma44
January 20th, 2008, 10:49am
Doesn't bother me at all - I answer truthfully.

LadyCat
January 20th, 2008, 11:13am
My Income Is Low So I Enter And Entere Truthfully In Case I Win And They Check To See If Info Is Real

carscheles
January 20th, 2008, 11:19am
When they don't give you the option of not answering, I always go for the lowest number too. If you put the highest number, expect a lot of sales calls - lol.

diannediamond
January 20th, 2008, 11:22am
I pretty much answer everyting and anything they want to know, and truthfully....the only thing I would not put is my SS#

susan1215
January 20th, 2008, 11:57am
I always put the lowest amount too.

Jessica
January 20th, 2008, 12:04pm
I always answer honestly. Really, unless it's a time share/travel company type of sweeps, I doubt they're going to contact you a lot if you answer with a high amount. I believe it's honestly just a way for them to see who's visiting their site. I can't see a reason to lie about it.

dondevinesr
January 20th, 2008, 12:22pm
i always put down the lowest.

nataliero
January 20th, 2008, 12:43pm
I answer accurately, it's just a demographic thing anyway.

that is how i feel too

qcjoe
January 20th, 2008, 12:55pm
When they don't give you the option of not answering, I always go for the lowest number too. If you put the highest number, expect a lot of sales calls - lol.

i put in 75,000-100,000 because it is accurate and i don't get sales calls. if you are worried about sales calls why put in your phone number?

tomfarr
January 20th, 2008, 1:02pm
When possible I don't put anything down. For Marriott and Timeshare types I use the lowest figure and for the rest the highest number.

monkeybaker
January 20th, 2008, 1:03pm
I was picked one time to be on a game show. They wanted to know my annual income and I asked why they needed that information. Their reply was
"so that we know in advance, should you win big, you will be able to handle the taxes"! So I always put in my correct income when entering. If its too low they may think you can't afford the taxes. LOL

monkeybaker

joannak
January 20th, 2008, 1:13pm
I give em an answer - may not be the truth but they get an answer :wink3:

Alimar
January 20th, 2008, 1:26pm
I pick "prefer not to answer" when I can, but otherwise, I generally answer it truthfully. It's a little awkward knowing how to answer now that we're just getting occasional contract work but have no steady, reliable income, so I usually just answer with what I would expect our income to be when my husband finds a full-time job... I don't really low-ball it because I keep thinking they'd prefer entrants who might be potential customers, especially if it's a high-dollar company offering the sweep.

tamiwami
January 20th, 2008, 1:44pm
I am always honest. I don't think it matters. It is just a demographic thing.

lassie
January 20th, 2008, 1:46pm
i answer honestly

tlak
January 20th, 2008, 2:44pm
I was picked one time to be on a game show. They wanted to know my annual income and I asked why they needed that information. Their reply was
"so that we know in advance, should you win big, you will be able to handle the taxes"! So I always put in my correct income when entering. If its too low they may think you can't afford the taxes. LOL

monkeybaker

They picked you a head of time then wanted you to qualify your income? Probably doesn't work like that on the price is right, since they give college kids motor homes.

Keeya
January 20th, 2008, 2:46pm
I don't like when they ask that question so I answer lowest amount.

Trisha
January 20th, 2008, 2:54pm
Lowest amount/prefer not to answer. :grin3:

margarita_mama
January 20th, 2008, 2:57pm

monkeybaker

It is not a sponsor's business, nor worry, to determine if you can or cannot afford the taxes for something. That is between you and the IRS.
Seriously...just because you may make $650,000 a year does not mean that your finances are in such a good enough state to pay the IRS their share so easily.
As to the original question, if the option of declining to answer is not given, then I just choose randomly from the options, depending upon my mood at the time.

janess
January 20th, 2008, 3:01pm
I also feel that type of information is not their business.

I prefer not to answer, but if they require it I usually put the lowest amount.

It makes me uncomfortable :worry:

aquamarine
January 20th, 2008, 3:20pm
I feel it's none of their beeswax. I pick prefer not to answer or the lowest amount. Good luck everyone!

fastfreddie1959
January 20th, 2008, 3:31pm
And tell them that i collect welfare:yesyes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

birdpix
January 20th, 2008, 3:59pm
lesson learned from a post somewhere in the past by a former timeshare solicitor...

Always put less than 50k as it was the "trigger" for solicitation calls from several timeshare marketing companies. I tend to lowball anyways...

:worry:

samf36
January 20th, 2008, 4:01pm
I just put a differnt number everytime.