PDA

View Full Version : What would it take for you to give up ePrize for a year?

carscheles
January 19th, 2008, 2:06pm
DH and I were joking around about our "car restoration win" (whole other post) and he joked that we're probably banned from entering ePrize sweeps anymore. I joked back that we've been banned since he sent back the affy (we truly haven't won anything from ePrize since then).

So it go me to thinking. Hypothetically, if there was a prize that you had to fight for or a large value prize that you knew would get you banned for a full year of ePrize sweeps, what would the value have to be for you? Would you turn down a $5,000 prize to continue to be eligible to win? Less? More? What's the most money you would turn down to continue entering ePrize sweeps for the year?

I'm interested in hearing your breaking points. And yes, we'd give up a year of ePrize for our $50,000 win ;)

samf36
January 19th, 2008, 2:15pm
I don't do eprize they drive me nuts so no big deal for me.

Georgie Girl
January 19th, 2008, 2:16pm
$5,000.

It would take nothing for me to give up the Caffeine sweeps though. They suck.

anny31
January 19th, 2008, 2:19pm
ive won lots from them...so ill keep going. one of those $50Gs would be great. no quiting here. now if i get banned it better be something i could live on for quite awhile.:eyebrow:

melonhed
January 19th, 2008, 2:22pm
Perish the thought. I gave up the caffeine ones long ago, I don't know what it would take to give up eprize ones.:smile6:

time2travel
January 19th, 2008, 2:35pm
I haven't won anything from ePrize in about a year anyway, so it wouldn't take much! After reading about their blacklists I have "ePrize paranoia." Even though I've never cheated or entered extra email addresses, I'm afraid they might equate entering lots of sweeps with the cheaters. I still have ePrize sweeps in MySweeps, but if I am short on time, I skip those. Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the car restoration. Wishing you many future wins!

wmcr
January 19th, 2008, 2:38pm
How do you know all of the sweeps that are eprize? I know some of them state it but I have won sweeps that I did not find out eprize was involved until afterwards.

Ladybigmac
January 19th, 2008, 2:41pm
For some reason I can't see any of the instants that eprize has, so I can't enter anyway!
Something is wrong with my computer and I haven't been able to figure out what it is, so I just enter all the others and leave eprize for the rest of you.

RockysJewel
January 19th, 2008, 2:44pm
in almost all of ePrize sweeps their name is in the URL. So there is nothing about it in the sweep but when you click the link to the rntry page look up at the URL it says ePrize. Also in the rules it tells who the JA is for that sweep.

Depends what the prize was. In your case I wouldn't care if it got me banned as it is the principle of the thing and large amount.

Why do you think you are banned?

There are TONS and TONS of sweeps that are not run by ePrize so I could survive a year but they sure have some of the best (caffiene sweeps aside)

How do you know all of the sweeps that are eprize? I know some of them state it but I have won sweeps that I did not find out eprize was involved until afterwards.

Scibba
January 19th, 2008, 2:45pm
I haven't done the ePrize in a while. They I hate the flash forms. I felt I had an advantage, becaue i know a lot of people gave up Eprize for this reason. If I am bored, I might enter one on oaccassion, but not too often

lkinnan23
January 19th, 2008, 2:48pm
a few questions about eprize that i hope someone can answer:

after you lose, do you have to hit the "continue" button to finish out the sweep?

is there a thread someone can direct me to that will give me info on eprize?

i won a loaf of bread the other day and thought i was gonna have a heart attack, i was so excited.!

IplaymyGuitar
January 19th, 2008, 2:49pm
this is purly hypothetical right?

Because I don't win crap... so um I couldn't really tell you. Haven't won so much as a download since early December.

janess
January 19th, 2008, 2:53pm
Personally, I had a problem with ePrize last year.

I won a large cash prize which took 7 months to receive.

I still win from the sweeps they promote.

I realize they have made some HUGE blunders lately, but I still feel they do a pretty good job considering the # of sweepstakes they promote and the # of prizes they send out.

I wouldn't stop entering period.

carscheles
January 19th, 2008, 2:56pm
this is purly hypothetical right?

Because I don't win crap... so um I couldn't really tell you. Haven't won so much as a download since early December.

Yes, just hypothetical.

I feel your pain. I haven't won anything from ePrize sweeps in months now - not even a download either.

carscheles
January 19th, 2008, 2:59pm
Personally, I had a problem with ePrize last year.

I won a large cash prize which took 7 months to receive.

I still win from the sweeps they promote.

I realize they have made some HUGE blunders lately, but I still feel they do a pretty good job considering the # of sweepstakes they promote and the # of prizes they send out.

I wouldn't stop entering period.

I think you missed the idea behind the question.

Pretend that ePrize did make you wait a year after winning xxx amount of dollars. Would you turn any prize down to be able to keep sweeping? Would you turn down a $100 prize so you could keep sweeping?

Sweethart79
January 19th, 2008, 3:17pm
I would turn down my loaf of bread to keep sweeping :rofl3:

Marle
January 19th, 2008, 3:29pm
I'd consider it for $1 million in pure gold coins. :grin3:

Reverie
January 19th, 2008, 3:35pm
DH and I were joking around about our "car restoration win" (whole other post) and he joked that we're probably banned from entering ePrize sweeps anymore. I joked back that we've been banned since he sent back the affy (we truly haven't won anything from ePrize since then).

Why do you think you are banned?

I'm wondering why you think that, too. In your case, they had nothing to do with resolving what you thought was a problem ... it's possible that they don't even know how it finally worked out because it's just one prize among thousands and thousands and it was resolved directly through the sponsor.

Perhaps the sponsor has rules about how often you can win (and many do), but not the JA.

But anyway, I'm not much into conspiracy theories or looking for hidden agendas or paranoia, so I wouldn't worry about it. And as Janess said, I, too, have won several large prizes from their clients in the past year, and have had problems with them recently like many others that I have had resolved with them, and I still continue to win.

Anyway, if we're just pretending that as you said, my answer would be no, I wouldn't turn down a win. I only enter for things I want to win anyway, so I'd be happy. The point of this for me is to win, not to "keep sweeping."

carscheles
January 19th, 2008, 3:41pm
I'm wondering why you think that, too. In your case, they had nothing to do with resolving what you thought was a problem ... it's possible that they don't even know how it finally worked out because it's just one prize among thousands and thousands and it was resolved directly through the sponsor.

Perhaps the sponsor has rules about how often you can win (and many do), but not the JA.

But anyway, I'm not much into conspiracy theories or looking for hidden agendas or paranoia, so I wouldn't worry about it. And as Janess said, I, too, have won several large prizes from their clients in the past year, and have had problems with them recently like many others that I have had resolved with them, and I still continue to win.

Anyway, if we're just pretending that as you said, my answer would be no, I wouldn't turn down a win. I only enter for things I want to win anyway, so I'd be happy. The point of this for me is to win, not to "keep sweeping."

We were only kidding. I don't think I'm banned. It was just a hypothetical question.

elittle2004
January 19th, 2008, 3:45pm
It would take me at least $25,000. Is it just me or is it getting harder day after day to win any instant win prize from ePrize? I used to win a prize from them at least once per week, now I'm lucky enough to win a prize from them once a month.

ksmith47
January 19th, 2008, 4:03pm
If I want to win the prize, I'm entering. Eprize or not. Who the JA is has no bearing on if I'm entering or not.

Thousands upon thousands of people have had great experiences with ePrize and won a bunch of stuff.

We only hear the complaints when something goes wrong.

Good luck, everyone!:bouquet:

djr58
January 19th, 2008, 4:29pm
I really can't think of a "prize limit" that would make me stop entering eprize sweeps, but I do agree with some posters who say it's becoming more difficult to win contests handled by eprize.

There has been talk about blacklists for a long time and personally I can understand the need for something like that if someone is caught cheating/abusing the sweeps rules. What I don't want to see is eprize (or any other JA) deciding oh, this person has won X amount of our sponsored sweeps this month and so let's cut them off for a while to give others a chance to win.

Now I don't know if this actually happens...maybe it doesn't. But it sure as heck FEELS like that sometimes. I use to win on a regular basis, but these days....I'll snag a couple of eprize run contests and then won't get another thing for a month or more. This has made me wonder many, many times if we are being "rotated" through some kind of system.

If so, I hardly think that can be legal when contest rules state "open to" 18 or older, etc.
I'm rambling a bit here and I apologize for that, but this is something I've thought about many times.

And especially now when I'm going through one of the driest periods I've had since I started sweeping at OLS in 2003. I guess it can't hurt to say that every time I see a new instant win game I get really excited, until I see that it is being handled by eprize. Then I just kind of sigh and think, oh well, guess I'll give it a shot....and hope that I'm headed for a "it's Ok to let this person win now" timeframe.

Lorren
January 19th, 2008, 4:33pm
I think $50k would be enough to let them ban me for a year. $40K even.

I think the reason it's harder to win right now is because of the economy. More people trying to make a little extra income by sweeping. I know that's sometimes a motivating factor for me.

gigi
January 19th, 2008, 4:48pm
nothing will stop me from entering ePrize...I need to enter, enter,enter and stay off the forums!

many wins to all of us!

carscheles
January 19th, 2008, 5:14pm
I really can't think of a "prize limit" that would make me stop entering eprize sweeps, but I do agree with some posters who say it's becoming more difficult to win contests handled by eprize.

There has been talk about blacklists for a long time and personally I can understand the need for something like that if someone is caught cheating/abusing the sweeps rules. What I don't want to see is eprize (or any other JA) deciding oh, this person has won X amount of our sponsored sweeps this month and so let's cut them off for a while to give others a chance to win.

Now I don't know if this actually happens...maybe it doesn't. But it sure as heck FEELS like that sometimes. I use to win on a regular basis, but these days....I'll snag a couple of eprize run contests and then won't get another thing for a month or more. This has made me wonder many, many times if we are being "rotated" through some kind of system.

If so, I hardly think that can be legal when contest rules state "open to" 18 or older, etc.
I'm rambling a bit here and I apologize for that, but this is something I've thought about many times.

And especially now when I'm going through one of the driest periods I've had since I started sweeping at OLS in 2003. I guess it can't hurt to say that every time I see a new instant win game I get really excited, until I see that it is being handled by eprize. Then I just kind of sigh and think, oh well, guess I'll give it a shot....and hope that I'm headed for a "it's Ok to let this person win now" timeframe.

Maybe they could have some type of system to "give others a chance to win". Their system that detects cheaters could very easily pull up frequent winners too.

I have to agree with you that sometimes it really does feel that way.