PDA

View Full Version : As anyone ever sold book wins on Amazon.......

adoptingteens
January 19th, 2008, 8:46am
I have a nice pile of books I have won. Some I have read and some I most have been enter for the grand prize I will never get around to reading them. So i was wondering has anyone ever sold books and Dvd's on Amazon......

Demure79
January 19th, 2008, 8:54am
I sell mine through half.com.

jpb4919
January 19th, 2008, 9:01am
I have sold a few books on Amazon with no problems. Not certain what site is the best to sell books on, but Amazon has worked well for me.:sherlock:

marathonnh
January 19th, 2008, 9:04am
Yes, I listed about 15 books and DVD's a month ago to see what would happen and within one day sold 5, including one out of print book for $225. Boy was I surprised! That book was selling for less than $200 on eBay. I sold some new DVD's and books but I stayed near the lowest price on those. THe only thing out of 8 sales, now, no one has given me any feedback, even though I shipped right away and sometimes with bettere shipping, but the feedback doesn't seem to mean as much as eBay. I say give it a try. It is free to list and if you are going to be out of town you can take your listing off of Amazon.

cyt
January 19th, 2008, 9:11am
I've sold books and stuff I've won before on eBay. Nice. Also, my kids take my DVD's and books to Hasting and get credit for them and then they buy what they want (or you can get money too, much not as much as credit). Good Luck! :grin3:

lklprice
January 19th, 2008, 9:13am
I have sold a book on Amazon. It was no problem at all.

bdsweetie
January 19th, 2008, 10:10am
I haven't but sounds like a good idea!

SillyLilly
January 19th, 2008, 11:12am
I used to sell on half.com all the time in the late 90's early 2000's and made some pretty good money. But then they changed their policies and the sellers profits weren't as high.

I checked out amazon a few months ago, but most of the books I wanted to sell were listed by others for like 50 cents plus shipping. It's not worth it to me to deal with all the hassle of listing the book, then finding a box, printing a label, and running to the PO for a lousy 50 cents!

I did find one cookbook that wasn't listed at a ridiculous price and I sold it for a few dollars profit. So I guess whether it's worth it will depend on what you have to sell.