PDA

View Full Version : Conde Nast Grand Prize Affy Question

wickedjen1960
January 18th, 2008, 1:57pm
My DH got a phone call on Monday that he was chosen as grand prize winner for a sweep, not HOF, but something really fun that we will totally enjoy. They indicated that he would get an affy to complete and as of today, after DHL, FED EX and UPS delivery times for us, we still have not received the affy. I want him to call and ask about it, afraid that we will lose the GP if it is not completed in a timely manner, even though we still have not received it. DH doesn't want to bother the company and is very laid back about it. What would you do. I think he should call TODAY, but if not today, definitely MONDAY. I know Conde Nast is a huge company, has anyone else ever gotten a phone call with a delay in receiving the affy?:frown3:

mdmbfly
January 18th, 2008, 2:06pm
I didn't get a call but got an email and the affy did not come by the day that they had indicated. I emailed to ask b/c didn't want to dq myself and they changed the delivery date on the package. I forget why. But..glad I called to verify. If it were me...I'd have to be sure. MTCW Congrats on your prize!!!

ContestQueen2002
January 18th, 2008, 2:12pm
Monday is a holiday too remember that!

Wishing you luck with your win, keep us posted!

Donna P. :royal:

Lady Luck
January 18th, 2008, 2:13pm
No help here. Just wanted to congrat your DH!!

Post what it is when you can.

WriterKathy1
January 18th, 2008, 2:14pm
I think it might be safe to call and ask the status of the affy. Monday the office may be closed, so if you feel inclined to make a call, I'd suggest you call today.
Congratulations by the way, and enjoy your prize!

kittyhello72
January 18th, 2008, 2:24pm
it might not be coming express, they might be sending it via the post office.

congrats!

Advam
January 18th, 2008, 2:27pm
I would call. If it is something that needs to be signed, I always ask that it be sent to my work address since there is no one at home during the day but the dog.

Congratulations.

Nickcoty
January 18th, 2008, 2:32pm
Next day can still be up until 3:00pm.....Depends on the shipping details.

MomofCourtney
January 18th, 2008, 2:40pm
Oh my gosh I would call! I always stay in close contact when doing the affys, organizing the trip - ie. daily phone calls or emails.

Your not bugging anyone - just be super sweet on the phone or in the emails.

RockysJewel
January 18th, 2008, 2:48pm
Tell your hubby from a seasoned sweeper and winner no such thing as 'bothering' the company. They are hired to do that and it is their job to talk about, write about everything sweeps.

I not only call but email and fax too. No way I would just sit and wait yup because someone might have thot it got sent and it didn't they won't know unless you call.

Easy to be nice about it just say, yes I received a call that I am the GP winner in the XXXX sweestakes and that I would be getting affys and I have not yet received them and wondering if they have been sent yet or ???

Tehy will set your mind at ease to be able to know. Seriously it is their job and they are there to help you, they really won't care at all that he calls

wmcr
January 18th, 2008, 2:56pm
I would definitely call today or it's going to worry you ALL weekend!! You know how us sweepers can be impatient when waiting for the word!! *lol*

DWils29
January 18th, 2008, 3:15pm
I won a trip and was notified via United States Postal which also contained the affadavit. No FedEx, UPS or DHL. Found the large envelope in my mailbox. Hang in there. I don't think it would hurt to call. Just be polite and ask nicely. That should be easy enough for them to look up. CONGRATS

gabyzee
January 18th, 2008, 3:19pm
Rule of thumb when it comes to sweeping - NEVER listen to your hubby.

In fact, that rule could pretty much apply to life in general. :smile9:

Seriously, though - if you're concerned - just give them a call. One of those, "I hate to bother you and I'm sure it's on it's way, but I never received the affy and we would be DEVASTATED to miss out on such a great prize!" type of phone calls.

Congrats on the win!

wickedjen1960
January 18th, 2008, 3:36pm
I was inspired to push my hubby to call, he only got voice mail but left a message that he had not yet received the affy and was just following up to make sure it has been sent, did they have a tracking number or could they resend via email....I would have been so anxious all weekend.

Thanks for all the support, you guys are the bomb!!!

gitpicker
January 18th, 2008, 4:15pm
I was inspired to push my hubby to call, he only got voice mail but left a message that he had not yet received the affy and was just following up to make sure it has been sent, did they have a tracking number or could they resend via email....I would have been so anxious all weekend.

Thanks for all the support, you guys are the bomb!!!

Great! Now you can relax and daydream about this win.

Congratulations!