PDA

View Full Version : Sweepstakes Superstitions

lillaniegirl
January 18th, 2008, 10:24am
We all probably have them... Now's the time to spill it, what silly superstitions have you developed sweeping?

I feel when I delete a sweep from my program, I will not win it.

This is because the first two large ones I won were still in there afterwards.

I literally feel scared and sad when deleting expired, but I hate seeing the red X's! ;)

barbs
January 18th, 2008, 10:28am
No superstitions here - about anything.

JMC663
January 18th, 2008, 10:30am
Hee hee!! Nothing here, but maybe I should. Now I feel superstious about not being superstious!!! ACK!! LOL!

susan1215
January 18th, 2008, 10:30am
I feel like I have a better chance of winning a daily sweep if I enter it on the last day it expires, even if I only entered it one time, even though I know the winners are randomly drawn so it doesn't matter when during the sweep I enter it.

ThinLizzy
January 18th, 2008, 10:35am
Sweepstakes that offer clothing or gift cards to clothing stores as prizes must be entered while in the nude.

rocksea_lady
January 18th, 2008, 10:35am
I never pray for a sweep. I think it is wrong to ask Him to help me win. Not a superstition...

anjasmom
January 18th, 2008, 10:46am
Sweepstakes that offer clothing or gift cards to clothing stores as prizes must be entered while in the nude.

:frown4::frown4::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Debberly
January 18th, 2008, 10:47am
If I have trouble with a daily sweepstakes entry, I stop trying to enter it for that day. I think it's the universe's way of making sure I don't put in another entry that would throw my previous winning entry off by one name...

I realize this is absolutely ridiculous, but I do it anyway :rofl3:

denise1070
January 18th, 2008, 11:09am
I never enter sweeps on Sundays. I think it's God's day. Not that I would go to hell or God wouldn't bless me if I enter sweeps or anything. It' just a quirk I guess. I'm not a religious fanatic. I think if you take time to honor him, he will bless you in everything you do. I did in $100,000.00! Oh, being faithful about paying tithes helps too. Thank ya baby Jesus!

guruwan2b
January 18th, 2008, 11:16am

The people down at the library might frown on that....:nana:

ETA: :But seriously, I am on a work computer right now.... I am in a cubicle, but I don't think I could undress without anyone noticing.....

ksmith47
January 18th, 2008, 1:27pm
I wish all my snail mail envelopes good luck when I put them in the mailbox, other than that, nothing.

lillaniegirl
January 18th, 2008, 1:40pm
i wanna try the sunday trick for; it literally pays off!

angelfish
January 18th, 2008, 1:44pm

LOL. And if you truely want to win a car you must enter while riding your bicycle down I-95 during the 5 O'clock rush hour while text-messaging someone.

*Harriett*
January 18th, 2008, 6:27pm
But my wins comes faster if i keep my win list updated. If I win an instant win, it seems that I have to post the win on my win page before another one comes along.

I have tested my theroy out. If i don't update my win list, it could be at least a couple of weeks before I win a prize. But as soon as I post a win, another one comes right along quickly.

(It really does not apply right at the moment because the instants are kind of slow. And also I just won a HOF)

I guess my win list is a way of showing my thanks.

beatjunkie
January 20th, 2008, 2:55am
sometimes I think unclicking the "would you like to receive further emails about...." button makes my entry void for some reason.....

joanieo
January 20th, 2008, 3:04am
I light my green lucky candle, whenever I'm actually entering. It has many lucky slogans printed on the side. I keep a spare or two around so I don't use 'em up before I get back to the grocery store.
This one says "Money Drawing Candle, Your Wish Come True, Lucky in Love, The Master Key to Success, Helping Hand, Prosperity, Health, Finance, Wealth, Love, Lucky Flame."

I was going to say that too. Everytime I light my green candle something good happens. Green = money

theladyluck
January 20th, 2008, 3:21am
Get a passport before you enter any sweeps for out-of-country trips.

It worked for us. We worked like mad trying to win a trip to Aruba for several years and never won. Then we applied for our passports, figuring someday we were going to win a trip to somewhere, and we might need them. Less than a week after the passports arrived I was notified I'd won a 7-day Caribbean cruise from NCL. And a few months later we won that trip to Aruba we wanted so badly.

punkkitty
January 20th, 2008, 3:28am
Don't think mine is a superstition - more a fact - and it is if I keep up this sweeping business I am going to have a real biggg A@@. They need to make desks so you can standup and working your computer...let it fall to your ankles and not settle on your butt.:curtsy:

tupik3702
January 20th, 2008, 3:46am
Feng Shui. I make sure that when I enter mysweeps that I'm sitting in the correct direction which changes from day to day and hour to hour. Ancient Chinese Secret to winning sweeps. NOW, if you believe that I have some swampland that might interest you.

I'm not Superstitious and as for the Feng Shui thing I guess I've been watching too much HGTV! :curtsy:

utahmama
January 20th, 2008, 5:05am
The only time I win instants is if I'm not thinking about it.
If I realize it's an instant, and not just a regular daily, I don't win.