PDA

View Full Version : Classic Heartland Sweeps

brenske
January 17th, 2008, 10:32pm
I do not usually enter the Classic Hearland sweeps but I'm pretty sure that it is after I enter one of them I start winning all sorts of UK lotteries, am wanted in Nigeria and am offerred high paying jobs around the world (SPAM, SCAMS)...Does anyone else think this is true?
I entered some months ago and then stopped, got lots of spam. Now I just entered another and here I go again. I don't enter sweeps unless they are well knows names but I made an exception....thoughts.

showponye
January 17th, 2008, 10:35pm
I just got hit with a bunch of those as well, but I've been doing CH since the begining of this month so unless there's a delay I'm not so sure it was from them.

ThinLizzy
January 17th, 2008, 10:38pm
No, Classic Heartland is not a spam generator. An OLS'er did a test. She opened an email account through which she entered only Classic Heartland sweeps and never got a single spam email.

I've been entering their sweeps for a long time and have never received a UK lottery, Nigerian, or any similar email spam.

brenske
January 17th, 2008, 10:40pm
I knew I could not pinpoint the site exactly but it sounds like they are safe. I don't know why I was so suspicious of them.....thanks ~

janess
January 17th, 2008, 10:44pm
I've received those emails long before Classic Heartland sweeps began ;)

GLTA

fastfreddie1959
January 17th, 2008, 10:44pm
But i get more spam in my yahoo Email then my Gmail acct.
It's just the luck of the draw.:snap:

Kohinoor
January 17th, 2008, 10:47pm
In all honesty I get about 100 of those emails a day telling me how I won the lottery or how I need a loan:mad3: Im not sure where they originated but its driving me crazy! Its about all I am winning these days though:rolleyes4

Globug_47
January 17th, 2008, 11:01pm
No, Classic Heartland is not a spam generator. An OLS'er did a test. She opened an email account through which she entered only Classic Heartland sweeps and never got a single spam email.

I've been entering their sweeps for a long time and have never received a UK lottery, Nigerian, or any similar email spam.

Same here ThinLizzy!

I received the lottery spam long before I started entering the CH sweeps.

Another urban myth.

wmcr
January 17th, 2008, 11:04pm
I'm getting those too and they are driving me crazy!!! :bhead:

birdpix
January 17th, 2008, 11:14pm
Scams? Oh geeez, here I thought I won thirty billion Euro's! DOHHH!!! :clever:

:grin2:

Georgie Girl
January 17th, 2008, 11:35pm
I got these ridiculous e-mails long before Classic Heartland starting their sweeps. In fact, I think I get less of them than I used to and I enter Classic H. sweeps every day.

RockysJewel
January 17th, 2008, 11:39pm
out of all the sweeps why assume it is CH ?

I have always entered theirs and the spam comes and goes in waves because I enter 10's of thousands of sweeps.

It isn't from them. Read their privacy policy

LuckyPenny
January 17th, 2008, 11:41pm
Yep I am getting the winning lottery and somebody died and left me some money spam.

They drive me crazy

:goodevil:

tupik3702
January 17th, 2008, 11:46pm
I'm trying to catch up with Mrs. Bill Gate.:mad3:

husseeeeee
January 18th, 2008, 12:15am
has anybody won from CH? i always wonder if it's worth it to enter - it's easy with roboform but every day? is it worth it - has anybody won?

The Seahorse Lady
January 18th, 2008, 12:31am

Ditto.

hadriana
January 18th, 2008, 12:42am
I did a test once - opened a NEW EBAY account, with a brand new email addy - and signed up for their chatboards and was chatting - that's why I signed up, wanted a posting ID -and BOOM got hit with a lot of spam right after that- now, I am not saying this is what happened, because it might have been something on gmail's end - or just omeone at an ISP in between - but I didn't sign up anywhere with that email addrss and the spamming started almost immediately - maybe 1 week? - but I would be looking into these 3rd world LIVE WORLD employees that could sell lists of email addresses for what they make all month.

I suspect that is a great source of harvesting. Not just this one, but about any companies that outsources seems would be very prime foran employee selling addresses like that.

gotlucky?
January 18th, 2008, 6:51am
I have 3 seperate e-mail accounts used for various things and I get them in all of them. I saw people on Dateline (or some show like that) with people that fell for this scam. I feel sorry for them but don't understand why they fell for it. I win the South African or Nigerian lottery at least twice a day. Just wish I could win the Iowa Lottery once!

kjlassoc
January 18th, 2008, 7:05am
Doesn't Nigeria have a heartland?

beckpal
January 18th, 2008, 7:19am
I've been entering their sweeps for quite some time (still waiting for a win from them) and have never seen an increase in spam.

Maybe a fellow member, classicheartland, will see this thread and reply.

littleAlT
January 18th, 2008, 7:33am
I did a test once - opened a NEW EBAY account, with a brand new email addy - and signed up for their chatboards and was chatting - that's why I signed up, wanted a posting ID -and BOOM got hit with a lot of spam right after that- now, I am not saying this is what happened, because it might have been something on gmail's end - or just omeone at an ISP in between - but I didn't sign up anywhere with that email addrss and the spamming started almost immediately - maybe 1 week? - but I would be looking into these 3rd world LIVE WORLD employees that could sell lists of email addresses for what they make all month.

I suspect that is a great source of harvesting. Not just this one, but about any companies that outsources seems would be very prime foran employee selling addresses like that.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/ does that sort of thing for you. You can enter a site and it will tell you what their tests show, and if they haven't tested a site, you can request a test. It's run by McAfee.

n2deep2quit
January 18th, 2008, 7:33am
I win the South African or Nigerian lottery at least twice a day. Just wish I could win the Iowa Lottery once! -- Got Lucky

Now that is funny!

CHRISSY61121
January 18th, 2008, 8:00am
In the last few months I have been hit with tons of those junk emails. I used to rarely get them. Try sending nasty emails back to them, I do sometimes. One time a guy wrote back that he was sorry that he offended me. ;) That was so funny.

Tarah716
January 18th, 2008, 8:07am
I win several lotteries a day - I just click delete. No harm, no foul

Tarah716
January 18th, 2008, 8:08am
In the last few months I have been hit with tons of those junk emails. I used to rarely get them. Try sending nasty emails back to them, I do sometimes. One time a guy wrote back that he was sorry that he offended me. ;) That was so funny.

You know once you respond - they know it's a working e-mail and will just continue to sell your address to other spammers. The best thing to do is ignore, ignore, ignore.