PDA

View Full Version : Help with Trip Win

wmcr
January 17th, 2008, 5:10pm
I just won a trip and the paperwork is in and they have sent me an email approving me as the winner. I emailed them and asked if I could extend the trip by another day or two at my own expense and when they emailed me back, all they sent was a generic letter telling all the details of my win and nothing about whether I can extend or not. They said I would receive more information within 8-10 weeks. So, should I resend my question or wait and see what they send me? I don't know if they will make travel arrangements and then I have to go by them or if someone will contact me first. I really, really want to stay at the destination a few more days but am afraid that if I push it, they will take the prize away. I have read on other forums that other trip winners with this company have done this before with no problem

sascha_b
January 17th, 2008, 5:19pm
Sounds like they just sent a standard response email. If you've read others have done it with this company no problem, I wouldn't sweat it. I don't think they'll take anything away from you regardless....

Oh yeah...and Congrats!

risavjl
January 17th, 2008, 5:34pm
CONGRATS on the trip win!

I'd wait for a bit on the extension request. I don't think you'll just get a letter that gives you an intinerary and that's it. You will have X amount of time to take the trip, and that's when you could ask about the extra days. Just wait for more info and see.

RockysJewel
January 17th, 2008, 5:43pm
I would CALL whoever is listed on your paperwork. Don't leave it to email. I have a hard time waiting for them to contact me and wondering if they got my info etc etc. Call and be set-free!

I am sure a travel agent will be contacting you to make arrangements about closest airport, dates etc. That is who you will let know that you are adding time to the trip. I have added time on 3 of my trip wins and all different sponsers.
It really has nothing to do with the sponsers/Ja's in adding time so it truly for them to say say or no. After the time frame is up for what they offer that can't say no you can't stay longer LOL
Congrats on a trip win !!!

wmcr
January 17th, 2008, 6:40pm
there is no number to call about the win, they want you to discuss back and forth via email. Also, this trip is based around an event, do you think that makes a difference on adding a few extra days??

jolee62
January 17th, 2008, 6:48pm
:faces:congrats on your win

Mythadical
January 17th, 2008, 6:55pm
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t9/ultimatemale_2007/Congratulations.gif

janess
January 17th, 2008, 7:15pm
hmmm...I wonder which Promotion company your dealing with.....the generic email sounds familiar.

Usually you can extend a trip so I don't know why they didn't respond to you question.

Since it is around an event, I would try to get them on the phone as well.

Try searching the forums by entering "promotion company name" and the word "phone". Otherwise try looking it up in the yellow pages.

You can send them another email asking again. Sometimes things get overlooked.

I would just hate for them to start making arrangements before you get you question answered.

Congratulations and have a great trip :smile8:

willows00
January 17th, 2008, 7:20pm
be patient. after i won my trip, it took a while for the travel agency to contact me. and i asked them and they set it up, just charged my cc for the extra night. easy peasy. congrats!

MCosumano
January 17th, 2008, 7:31pm
It cant hurt to try. I doubt they would take it away you just might not get to stay longer like you want. But you never know until you try.

goodthunder
January 17th, 2008, 7:49pm
So just sit back and enjoy the thought of it all until the travel agency contacts you. Then just tell them how many days you want to add to the accomodations at your own expense and they will have you pay for that portion of the stay, and can adjust your transportation schedule to fit the length of your hotel stay. Congratulations !

dala
January 17th, 2008, 8:01pm
i am sure you will get to help plan the trip. it is a process. i won a trip once and a few weeks into it all I got to pick the days, etc... I am sure you can work it out in due time.

TawnyNY
January 17th, 2008, 8:16pm
I just won a trip and the paperwork is in and they have sent me an email approving me as the winner. I emailed them and asked if I could extend the trip by another day or two at my own expense and when they emailed me back, all they sent was a generic letter telling all the details of my win and nothing about whether I can extend or not. They said I would receive more information within 8-10 weeks. So, should I resend my question or wait and see what they send me? I don't know if they will make travel arrangements and then I have to go by them or if someone will contact me first. I really, really want to stay at the destination a few more days but am afraid that if I push it, they will take the prize away. I have read on other forums that other trip winners with this company have done this before with no problem

Is it being handled by eprize? I was able to extend a trip win to Disney- I didn't ask until the travel agent called and I made the arrangements with her. I didn't have any problem extending it.

kermit
January 17th, 2008, 8:23pm
With both of my trip wins the first person that sent me a letter with the affy was not the person that ended up coordinating my trip arrangements. I personally would wait until they start booking the trip with you and ask then. On both trips I was also asked if I wanted to add more people or extend the stay at my own expense.

Congrats!

TawnyNY
January 17th, 2008, 8:24pm
there is no number to call about the win, they want you to discuss back and forth via email. Also, this trip is based around an event, do you think that makes a difference on adding a few extra days??

No, people add days to event trip wins all the time- you should be able to do it.

I know of someone who won an event trip to California, and they asked to go to Vegas before the event and the sponsors flew them to Vegas on their dime but they had to pay for their own hotel room.