PDA

View Full Version : Creative Presentation???

martin4realll
January 17th, 2008, 3:10pm
I see this on alot of sweeps.I enter them not knowing exactly what they mean by Creative Presentation.What does it Mean??

Thanks in advance

lakegirl25
January 17th, 2008, 3:20pm
Does it mean something like......it is running in conjunction with other sweeps owned by the same sponsor and that the prizes are distributed among all the other creative presentation sweeps within that sponsor?

I probably have it all wrong.....:faces:

Tarah716
January 17th, 2008, 3:26pm
It means several sponsers are all going in together to give one prize. But each is a seperate sweep for that one prize

yadgirl
January 17th, 2008, 3:28pm
It means several companies are giving away one (or more) prize. Each company presents the sweepstakes as its own, and when it's time to do the drawing, the judging agency chooses ONE of the company's presentations, and draws the winner from that presentation.

enaj
January 17th, 2008, 3:29pm
Creative presentation means that there can be dozens of sweepstakes running but there is only one prize. Usually after the sweep ends they pick one of the sweeps and then pick a winner from that one. Lots of entering but little chance of winning. Especially if you didn't enter the one they pick the winner out of. I have always felt that the dawn of "creative presentations" was a bad day for sweepers.

Curr4001
January 17th, 2008, 3:29pm
Hearst Magazines is a good example. There is only one list of prizes but you can enter through Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, etc.

implode
January 17th, 2008, 3:33pm
Creative presentation means that the person running the contest runs many many different contests. All the entries from the contest are put in a gigantic pool, and prizes are drawn from that pool. The prizes can also be different based on what entry method you use, but they draw the same total number of prizes. So the over promote the cheap prize contests, and don't promote the contests with the expensive ones. This way they only have to really award the cheap prizes. This also drastically increased the chances of you losing.

A well known variation is run by hearst magazines. Hearst magazine says 1 winner will win 250,000 dollars (and they do win the money, your odds are just 1 billion to 1). They run the contest for a year. What they don't tell you is 2 dozen magazines are running a creative presentation version of the same contest. The secondary prize for some of the contests is $100, for others is a cookbook (that consists of a cheap leaflet made of a couple pages of paper). And worst of all if you accidentally fill out the form wrong all two dozen of these contests will sign you up for a magazine subscription. On top of the fact they are making money off page views from paid advertising placements.

In short creative presentation means cheap prize fulfillment and bad odds for us sweepers generally speaking.

elittle2004
January 17th, 2008, 9:24pm
In my opinion, I consider creative presentations to be false advertising because only company out of literally dozens participating in a particular sweepstake actually gives away the grand prize. I think all creative presentations should be done away with.