PDA

View Full Version : #1 rank on Voxpop, but....

kellya22
January 17th, 2008, 10:39am
so were 9 other people. Just my luck! Well, at least that's about a 1 in 3 chance of winning. Last week I had a one in four chance of winning on another one of their sweeps and that didn't work out so well....
Kelly

Secret1
January 17th, 2008, 11:44am
I know how you feel.. I got rank 2 and there are 3 prizes but there were 3 # 2's so one of us who ranked 2 will not get the $25 amazon.. I am hoping I get one but who knows.. Good Luck hope you win!

CMIRily
January 17th, 2008, 11:49am
Yeah, I got a #2 rank, but so did 12 other people :bhead:

carenyllie
January 17th, 2008, 11:52am
That's a bummer.....I know as it happened to me too! Oh well, just have to try again!

lakegirl25
January 17th, 2008, 11:56am
I always rank something like 157 or 253, if you get my drift!

I used to photograph models for one of our modeling agencies here in town and so I learned so much about style and what's hot and what looks good. People are always asking me where I get my clothes, etc. so why do I do so badly in these rankings?

Perhaps I should start choosing what I don't like, what is not hot, then maybe I will win, LOL!

For once, not to get the prize, but just to feel I am in the LOOP, I would like to rank in the top 10!

I am not giving up - that is my new goal, to try and come in the top 10 at least......

Congratulations to you for being ranked 1!! To me, that in itself is a prize!! :cheer8::cheer8:

ariyana9501
January 17th, 2008, 12:01pm
I always rank something like 157 or 253, if you get my drift!

I used to photograph models for one of our modeling agencies here in town and so I learned so much about style and what's hot and what looks good. People are always asking me where I get my clothes, etc. so why do I do so badly in these rankings?

Perhaps I should start choosing what I don't like, what is not hot, then maybe I will win, LOL!

For once, not to get the prize, but just to feel I am in the LOOP, I would like to rank in the top 10!

I am not giving up - that is my new goal, to try and come in the top 10 at least......

Congratulations to you for being ranked 1!! To me, that in itself is a prize!! :cheer8::cheer8:

They don't pick their favorites....the winners are picked by using the majority of the votes....and who pick those. It doesn't really have to do with anything that's "in" right now....only what we "as normal people" choose....Good luck to you in future games :cheer8:

jooliepoolie
January 17th, 2008, 12:03pm
I've won 4 times from VoxPop in the last 2 months. I always choose what I think 'the majority' of people would choose, not what I personally like. I've done the best on the fashion and music ones, but I stink at the movies ones.

lakegirl25
January 17th, 2008, 12:05pm
Thank you for "filling" me in. I guess I am going to have to think like a normal person, LOL!

I will make my choices, then select the opposite! I'll see how that works......Voxpop is fun to enter, I enjoy the break from more "norma" sweeps.

Thanks again ariyana9501! :faces:

robsterclaw
January 17th, 2008, 12:06pm
I was all alone with a perfect score on a movie picking game and won. After that I got 2nd rank on another game and there were 3 in second place so one of us will be left out on that one. I think me since I haven't got an email. And then just the other days I came in 1st, but so did 9 others. I use the same name there as I do here.

dondevinesr
January 17th, 2008, 12:10pm
sounds like too much work to me.

angie79
January 17th, 2008, 12:22pm
I'm #1 on the Beyonce one, 10 total in first place. Only 4 prizes. :frown5: Such a great prize too, $100 Sephora.

Good luck! Hope you win.

astromynx
January 17th, 2008, 12:32pm
Good luck. I usually don't do very well on voxpop.

jooliepoolie
January 17th, 2008, 12:42pm
From what I've seen, the winners are the first names listed. For instance if there are 10 first place names, the first 4 listed won the prize.

shelnew19
January 17th, 2008, 12:42pm
I just looked and I actually took 2nd place in a recent contest, and let me tell you, I know zilch about fashion. People ask me where I get my clothes only so they know not to get their clothes there!

crmtigger
January 17th, 2008, 12:48pm
so were 9 other people. Just my luck! Well, at least that's about a 1 in 3 chance of winning. Last week I had a one in four chance of winning on another one of their sweeps and that didn't work out so well....
Kelly

I think we are at the top of the same contest. For the first time ever I got a perfect score. I was so excited when I looked in MyVox and saw #1. That was until I went to see the leader board and there were 10 perfect scores. Have not received an email yet so I guess I was not a prize winner. Best of luck to you!

kellya22
January 17th, 2008, 12:55pm
I was all alone with a perfect score on a movie picking game and won. After that I got 2nd rank on another game and there were 3 in second place so one of us will be left out on that one. I think me since I haven't got an email. And then just the other days I came in 1st, but so did 9 others. I use the same name there as I do here.

Robsterclaw, I see you on the list with me for This Weeks Best Release contest. Heard anything?
Kelly

kellya22
January 17th, 2008, 12:57pm
I think we are at the top of the same contest. For the first time ever I got a perfect score. I was so excited when I looked in MyVox and saw #1. That was until I went to see the leader board and there were 10 perfect scores. Have not received an email yet so I guess I was not a prize winner. Best of luck to you!

What name do you use at voxpop? Mine is the same as here.
Kelly

jooliepoolie
January 17th, 2008, 12:58pm
Kellya, your name is third on the list - that means you were in the top 3 selected, and should win the prize. Sometimes it takes up to 2 weeks for them to contact you.

crmtigger
January 24th, 2008, 12:51am
Yippee!! I got an email tonight that I was selected as a winner for this one. I am so excited (user name Cmiyake). Good luck to Kelly and Robsterclaw, I hope you both win!

suziebee20
January 24th, 2008, 1:02am
Awww, sorry. I don't think I'll ever win one of those. I scored something like 67 on one of them and that was my own personal victory right there.

April1p
January 26th, 2008, 1:50pm
I don't get it, I scored in the number one spot with one other person in this one>>>VoxPop - Handbag Addict: Smooth as Suede and it says top three scores win so why didn't I win but the other number one spot person did???

Why say the top three scorers will win if they are going to do a random draw of the top three scorers? They should say one person will be chosen out of the top three scores.:frown4: I have played so many of these games and it took forever to place number 1.

This came out of the official rules: (The person who has the highest number of points will win the Contest. In the event more than one person has the highest number of points, Sponsor will conduct a drawing at the close of the Contest and the winning entrant will be randomly chosen by a computer program from the pool of entrants who tied with the highest points). They should have condensed this to what I said and place it on the front of the contest instead of misleading people into thinking their are really three prizes that will be given away.

I'm just having a mini tantrum:cry2:

Edited to add: I sent them an email (a very nice, calm email). I was seriously confused as to why it was suppose to be the top three scores to win and only one person had winner by their name. I received an answer quickly by a very nice gentleman that stated I did in fact win and the email to me just hadn't been sent out yet but to expect it sometime early next week asking for more information. I am so excited that I finally won a VoxPop contest in first place.

kellya22
January 26th, 2008, 5:42pm
Email took forever to come, but I did win! I think jooliepoolie is right...the top names that are listed are the winners. For example, if the contest has three prizes, then the top three LISTED names win.