PDA

View Full Version : Do you participate in points programs and paid surveys?

Lorren
January 16th, 2008, 2:12pm
We had a gambling question a couple of days ago, and I was surprised at how many people said that they were gamblers. But then again, a lot of people in the non-sweeping population are as well.

My question is, how many of you take part in points programs and paid surveys? Like Coke Rewards (saving them and trading them for things rather than using them to enter sweepstakes), Mypoints, SheKnows Points and Prizes, RewardTV, etc. Or paid survey companies like Pinecone.

I think that sweeping and points programs/paid surveys are similar, in that they allow people to make a few extra dollars on the side while staying at home. None of them are lucrative, but neither is sweeping unless you get lucky.

I do both Pinecone and some points programs.

htg20
January 16th, 2008, 2:16pm
Two that I put any energy in at all are MyPoints and Pinecone. After we bought my mom a computer for Christmas I almost have enough points to get a $25 gc on mypoints.

snowluvnferret
January 16th, 2008, 2:20pm
I participate in MyPoints and have redeemed $70 in gift cards so far. I really like them and the cards come quick :grin5:

denyse_g
I love mypints.com!
If you choose to join- PM me and I'll email a link to join- and then I can get membership referral points!:blues:

EyeSite
I love coke rewards....For Christmas I used my rewards to send magazines to friends and family. Saved me the twenty bucks for each Oprah Mag ..woo hoo Saved me at least $100.00 this Christmas.

Pinecone $3.00 is always nice...

I don't know any others....

snowluvnferret
Two that I put any energy in at all are MyPoints and Pinecone. After we bought my mom a computer for Christmas I almost have enough points to get a $25 gc on mypoints.

What is Pinecone?

AVIDT
January 16th, 2008, 2:22pm
I like e-rewards. All I have to do is participate in a survey and I earn points, even if you don't qualify to "complete" the survey they still give you partial credit. I joined in NOV '07 and I already have enough points redeem for two $25 Game Stop gift cards. I like it because of that, my DH loves his games!

CrazyCatLady
January 16th, 2008, 2:25pm
I only do MyPoints now. Used to do Freeride & that Memolink. I usually get $25-$50 worth of gift cards a year from MyPoints, only reading the emails.

dopey
January 16th, 2008, 2:28pm
I've benn doing Mypoints since 8/22/2000. It was the first reward program I joined and the only one I still do. Kid of hard to believe it's been over 7 years. :)

djr58
January 16th, 2008, 2:29pm
Yes, I do e-rewards and a couple of others. I really enjoy doing these and it's nice to get some rewards for answering questions.

I'm trying to find this one place again, where you do interactive activities and earn Amazon codes for your time. I think it was $5 or $10 each time you successfully participated.

If anyone knows which one this is, please post or PM me? Thanks!! :)

Lorren
January 16th, 2008, 2:29pm
I'm already a member of Mypoints, probably for at least a decade... they've been around for quite a while.

Pinecone is a paid survey company that pays $5 for their surveys... which is nicer than GreenfieldOnline which usually just puts you in a drawing to try to win something. You have to find their banner to join though, and members are not supposed to tell people when they see a banner. Sometimes you get really lucky and they send you free products too.

Luckypat35
January 16th, 2008, 2:43pm
For points, I mainly do www.thankyou.com through Citibank. If they dont have a participating store in their network, I use mypoints, upromise or memolink. I used to do freeride, but they are not as good as they used to be. I also do e-wards and surveys through testspin to earn amazon GC, www.mysurvey.com, and zoom panel to name a few.

chris73
January 16th, 2008, 2:46pm
I do MyPoints and love it.. Also do Memomail (hate it because it take a very long time to get enough points to get anything but still keep doing it) and Freeride (also dislike it because it takes 4-ever to get any points saved up but still do the e-mails).. Then I do MySurvey which is nice.. Used to get allot of Surveys and cashed out a few times.. Then there is Points & Prizes which I do faithfully as well.. Gotten some really nice Books and DVD's from them. Guess I do more then I though!
Used to do Pinecone but got booted when I went overseas and couldn't check my E-mail to do Surveys :(

Moonstoney
January 16th, 2008, 2:53pm
I've signed up to over 100, and maybe a handful do I regularly get surveys from, I love to do paid surveys...surveyspot last year brought in over $200 by itself, and I have fun doing lots of product tests:grin5:

AnnaMolly
January 16th, 2008, 3:09pm
Yes, my boyfriend picks on me and says all I do is sweepstakes and surveys.
I am part of many survey panels. I have received quite a few great prizes redeemed from points. I am also part of MyPoints. I also just received a twenty dollar check that really helped me out.

ResourcePress
January 16th, 2008, 3:11pm
My question is, how many of you take part in points programs and paid surveys? Like Coke Rewards (saving them and trading them for things rather than using them to enter sweepstakes), Mypoints, SheKnows Points and Prizes, RewardTV, etc. Or paid survey companies like Pinecone.

I don't do any of these. I just do the coke points for their sweeps. I enter sweeps and all sorts of contests, but no points or surveys.

gladstone7272
January 16th, 2008, 3:11pm
I do Mypoints and coke rewards. With my points I have gotten giftcards. I use cokerewards for free mags.

RockysJewel
January 16th, 2008, 3:17pm
Yes I do pinecone which I just got accepted to and I also do mypoints. I LOVE Mypoints it is so easy. I buy online all the time anyway so I just do it thru MyPoints and earn 1-5 points for each $ spent. I have earned so many points nad gotten GC to Steak houses, starbucks and frequent flier miles. Easy way to get some free things.

And another one called e-miles. It is like Mypoints in you read e-mails but you get frequent flier miles. I jsut had 500 miles added to my United account. I try to get them anyway I can !

Anyone who is interested in MyPoints PM me and I will send you a link. Yes it gets me some points too!

RockysJewel
January 16th, 2008, 3:19pm
MYPiNTS? Do you get free beer :rofl3:

I love mypints.com!
If you choose to join- PM me and I'll email a link to join- and then I can get membership referral points!:blues:

prplrush
January 16th, 2008, 3:22pm
i do a few surveys also do mypoints, and love pincone lol:heart:

HASAMA
January 16th, 2008, 3:36pm
survey and focus group junky, i am usually able to bring in ALMOST enough to cover my health insurance payment each month which is 600

wishful
January 16th, 2008, 3:42pm
I do mypoints and a couple of survey sites. Love mypoints tho. Have received several gift cards to JE Penneys and Walmart. Also, on the survey sites, I will get a $15 or $25 check along and along. I would love to try to join Pinecone. If anyone knows a way, let me know!

MiNiKE
January 16th, 2008, 3:46pm
I've gotten lots of gift cards from Mypoints, and DH does Pinecone pretty regularly.
I just did a survey for Keynote yesterday for a $10 Amazon code. I need to get into doing more surveys.

NoWhammies
January 16th, 2008, 3:58pm
Would like to join E-rewards. PM me if you have an invite as the site says it is not "looking" for any more people right now. Thanks! Heidi

phathui5
January 16th, 2008, 4:22pm
I do lost of different survey companies. So far this month, I've made $30.

toydiva65
January 16th, 2008, 4:29pm
I just found a Pinecone banner and signed up!! I've been looking for one for months!:cloud9:

marthajane
January 16th, 2008, 4:36pm
I do MyPoints and several survey sites (not Pinecone, unfortunately). I used to do MemoMail and FreeRide but they became cumbersome. I won $250 one time from GreenfieldOnline.

Scibba
January 16th, 2008, 4:41pm
e-rewards for UPromise and Pinecone

peaches
January 16th, 2008, 4:59pm
nickelodeon and mypoints

NightElf
January 16th, 2008, 5:00pm
We had a gambling question a couple of days ago, and I was surprised at how many people said that they were gamblers. But then again, a lot of people in the non-sweeping population are as well.

I think that sweeping and points programs/paid surveys are similar, in that they allow people to make a few extra dollars on the side while staying at home. None of them are lucrative, but neither is sweeping unless you get lucky.

I do both Pinecone and some points programs.

you should go and read the approriate section here on OLS
http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39

I am signed up with a ton of survey sites and make each month anywhere from $200-$800 doing surveys and selected PTC activities

hholly
January 16th, 2008, 5:09pm
I do MyPoints and have gotten quite a lot of good giftcards from them. I always make sure that if I'm buying from Overstock or any of the other programs that participate, that I get my MyPoints rewards from buying. It's a good program, I love it!

htg20
January 16th, 2008, 5:11pm
What is Pinecone?

It is a survey site that pays a guaranteed $5 for each survey. The only way to get on with them is to happen upon a link somewhere on the web. GL!

tattwo
January 16th, 2008, 5:23pm
I do Shopper's Hotline which is a market research agency. You scan all the items you buy and it transmits the data. You earn points weekly, monthly, quarterly. I usually earn enough points each year to get $100/year on their debit card that you can use anywhere.

mlminwilm
January 16th, 2008, 5:30pm
I use MyCokeRewards, Harris Online, and SurveySpot.

JMC663
January 16th, 2008, 5:39pm
Right before Christmas I found a Pinecone banner, signed up and got accepted, but have not had a survey yet, does anyone know how long it takes??

captainmorgan420
January 16th, 2008, 5:40pm
What is mypoints?

NightElf
January 16th, 2008, 5:40pm
It is a survey site that pays a guaranteed $5 for each survey. The only way to get on with them is to happen upon a link somewhere on the web. GL!

they changed it - new sign ups get now only $3 per survey

rewcatherine
January 16th, 2008, 5:41pm
I do my points and several surveys - the gc are handy

NightElf
January 16th, 2008, 5:43pm
Right before Christmas I found a Pinecone banner, signed up and got accepted, but have not had a survey yet, does anyone know how long it takes??

going through the sign up process doesn't nessecarely mean you are now official in. They send out screeners based on what demographics THEY need.
I know from persons who signed up (successfully wht they thought) 3 times and never gotten a survey

ironbutterfly
January 16th, 2008, 5:51pm
Here's a post I made the other day on this topic:

How Do You Make Your Internet Work For You?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other than sweeping, how else do you make the internet work for you? I collect coke codes which has already paid for a sub to Popular Mechanics a mag we both enjoy and have also earned a Silver AMC movie ticket. Right now I am saving to get another one so we can have an afternoon out

I also do surveys for a few companies. I just traded my points from one for a $20 Apple Bee GC. Going to piggy back the GC on another we received for Xmas to make a free dinner and drinks out I also have $20 worth of checks saved from paid surveys!!

I use FreshStep litter because A) you can't even tell I have a cat B) there are points on every box good for different things, I save them for the free box of cat littler

I save all the freebies I get and donate or sell them as parts of beauty assortment boxes

So besides the wins and the rest, they more than pay for my internet costs So how do you make your internet work for you?

The Seahorse Lady
January 16th, 2008, 5:52pm
I belong to several and have gotten some really nice items as well as cash. Nothing major but an extra $20 now and then certainly helps.

quiltfisher
January 16th, 2008, 5:56pm
I am a points earner (MyPoints, MyCokeRewards, etc.) and survery participant (Pinecone). Um, I also love to gamble... Sweeping helps keep me in check from running to the boat and letting my wild side run rampant on the slots!