PDA

View Full Version : will i EVER win

gcgirl8716
January 16th, 2008, 1:17pm
ok iv only been sweeping for about a month BUT i am a little bummed i havnt won yet :sob:. so how long did it take for YOUR first win?

beckpal
January 16th, 2008, 1:29pm
I can't remember as it was too long ago but just be patient and keep entering sweeps every day and your time will come.:yesyes:

sabunda
January 16th, 2008, 1:30pm
Yes, give it time. Here is some :fairy2: dust

Good luck!

Charity

LawgirlK
January 16th, 2008, 1:34pm
for me, it seems to come in phases, just keep pluggin' along!!

jeepers
January 16th, 2008, 1:35pm
I'm one of the weird ones that won right away, but that being said, MOST times it takes 3-6 months til you get your first.
Just keep at it, and if ya can, go green!

msbabedoll
January 16th, 2008, 1:35pm
I agree it does take time, if possible I would join premium, last year 98% of my wins were from the premium sweeps. :-)

sandyk
January 16th, 2008, 1:38pm
After about a month I won a coupon for a box of tissues and about 2 weeks after that I won a coupon for a box of granola bars. It takes patience to sweep.

gcgirl8716
January 16th, 2008, 1:38pm
what is premium? and i do i join

Reynold975
January 16th, 2008, 1:45pm
My wins are usually when I least expect it. I usually sweep tons and then get burned out and take a break. Then I started winning and get hooked on sweeping all over again.

secular
January 16th, 2008, 1:48pm
ok iv only been sweeping for about a month BUT i am a little bummed i havnt won yet :sob:. so how long did it take for YOUR first win?
A couple months.

stiej
January 16th, 2008, 1:48pm
Yes you can! Just keep thinking positive and believing and most of all trying! Good luck and let us know when the wins are pouring in!

Happy Wins!

barbs
January 16th, 2008, 1:52pm

A WHOLE MONTH??? And it's only the 16th.

Did you expect you would join a site with 150.000+ sweepers and start winning right away???

:rofl2:

CheckedOut
January 16th, 2008, 1:56pm
I hate to say it but there are people on here saying the same thing that have been sweeping for YEARS! It IS a combination of luck, randomness, and being persistent that (eventually) pays off... Welcome, and here's hoping that winning comes before quitting!

gcgirl8716
January 16th, 2008, 1:56pm
i was sweeping before i joined this site

sandyk
January 16th, 2008, 1:57pm
To get a green, or premium, membership click on the Options/Help tab above about 1/3 of the way across from the left then click on Premium Subscriptions. There should be links to the FAQ's explaining what the Premium membership includes. It is well worth the $30 per year because there are so many more sweeps to enter!

I've been sweeping for about 2 1/2 years and it's been almost a month now since my last win (mascara.)

twins2
January 16th, 2008, 2:01pm
I'm right there with you. I have only won a nestle crunch candy bar. Someday it will happen I keep telling myself.

Just keep plugging away

Lorren
January 16th, 2008, 2:06pm
I won the first day. But that's an oddity. And I didn't win much.

My second month, I won once. A bottle of Febreeze. I was sweeping every day for that.

By the time my third month came, I started winning a little more. I won a couple of times.

Now I win something about once a week, sometimes more. But the first couple of months the wins were few and far between.

Keep at it, wins will come. If you give up, they won't.

hallway
January 16th, 2008, 2:11pm
I'm not trying to discourage you but I've been an active sweeper since the early 1980's. The largest win I've had was in the mid-80's for $1,ooo. I go for months at a time and not win anything. It can be frustrating but you CAN'T give up. I do this because it's fun and it's a great feeling when you actually win something! I know there are times when I read some of the e-mails about people winning all these huge prizes and only have been doing it a few months. It's infuriating. I just keep thinking my time will come. So please keep trying. Good luck.

junebugged
January 16th, 2008, 2:11pm
Ugh,
I dunno whats going on but I have been passed over by the mail man, the ups man, and the fed ex for months.
I feel like we have the bubonic plague!

But I just keep plugging away......The wins will come.....I hope!

(its not just you....its a lot of us!)

denyse_g
January 16th, 2008, 2:13pm
I'll go months w/out a win- if you're persistant, you'll get a win sooner or later!:bubbles:

djr58
January 16th, 2008, 2:24pm
Hang in there and you're bound to start winning :gvibes:

It takes a combination of luck and persistence to start seeing results.
I found this site in 2003 and got my first instant win rather quickly.
Needless to say I was hooked and since then I've been thrilled with some of the great things I've won through OLS.

Now there are more members here, of course, and that means more competition.
But if you keep at it and remember to have fun you'll be posting your wins soon enough.

It also is really a good idea to try the premium (go green) membership.
Absolutely without a doubt a good investment for what you get in return for a small amount of money.

In the meantime, sending some good luck :fairy2: wishes your way!

shereepaul
January 16th, 2008, 2:25pm
It TAKES PATIENCE!!

mccomas5
January 16th, 2008, 2:26pm
I've lived in my new house for almost 3 years and have NOT been paid a visit from UPS or FEDEX. I have received a few small prizes via the postal carrier. I hope that this year will be very different and I will make up for the last few years....Better days are coming!!!

chris73
January 16th, 2008, 2:31pm

You have only been sweeping a Month.. It takes time.. I have been sweeping a few years and I am still waiting for a nice Win (anything over $100). I actually just posted a whine a couple of days ago myself... Patience is the Key!!!
Good Luck and sending you Fairy winning Dust!

wmcr
January 16th, 2008, 2:34pm
Your first win will just vary with how many you enter and what the expiration date on the sweeps are. When I first started, I got impatient and quit after 2 months and a few days later I had a dvd win in my mailbox!! I've been hooked ever since!! *lol*

ResourcePress
January 16th, 2008, 2:34pm

You'll only win if you keep entering.
Mine took months for a win.

vetstadium
January 16th, 2008, 2:37pm
I've been running dry recently it does come in phases. There are a lot of sweeps and a lot of sweepers out there. Takes some time. I'd advise maybe searching for some more local sweeps for better odds.

bbking
January 16th, 2008, 2:41pm
You will win if you hang in there...remember this phrase I keep saying to myself..if you enter they will come...lol. Patience is the greatest virtue in this hobby and believe me I am sometimes short on that myself. If it becomes too flustrating for you back away for awhile, a day or two, and then start again. You will win in due time..I did. Blessings.

joanieo
January 16th, 2008, 2:47pm
Usually takes 3 months - if you play instants everyday also. Hopefully you are green that increases your chances. If you are only trying for wii wait in line been trying for year now - this is a fun hobby but I really would not count on 1 prize but be happy with little ones also.]
Good Luck to you and Happy Sweeping

Luvs2Win
January 16th, 2008, 2:54pm
I won the 1st day I started....that's what got me hooked, lol!!

It was a small instant from Disney, but "hey" a wins a win, right?

I won my 1st BIG prize in 8 weeks, a 1x Entry from GameSpot, an Alienware Laptop, ARV $3500.

Just remember a month isn't that long of a time, and most of the sweeps you have entered probably haven't even ended yet...Just keep entering, and you will win!!!:yesyes:

pambanter
January 16th, 2008, 3:10pm
I really have no patience with people who have no patience. Sweeping for a month is nothing in the sweeping world. I would hazard a guess that MOST of the sweeps that you entered haven't even ended yet. Plus, all the winners from the ones that ended on December 31st are just now starting to be notified.

Give it one solid year of entering every single sweep that you find that you want the prize and you qualify...and then stand in the front yard all day wearing a foil hat...and then maybe...MAYBE you will win something wonderful.

This is not the hobby for someone who is into instant gratification.

CMIRily
January 16th, 2008, 3:21pm
I just started sweeping again after being off for about a year. I did win and instant within a matter of days, but then didn't really start winning anything at all for about a 1 & 1/2 months. Now the wins seem to be (crossing fingers here) coming with a little more regularity. But it takes persistance. My best advice to you is sweep, sweep, sweep, don't expect a win...then when you least expect it, whammo :yesyes: It could be big, it could be small. But, over the long run, you will win!

Globug_47
January 16th, 2008, 3:22pm
I really have no patience with people who have no patience. Sweeping for a month is nothing in the sweeping world. I would hazard a guess that MOST of the sweeps that you entered haven't even ended yet. Plus, all the winners from the ones that ended on December 31st are just now starting to be notified.

Give it one solid year of entering every single sweep that you find that you want the prize and you qualify...and then stand in the front yard all day wearing a foil hat...and then maybe...MAYBE you will win something wonderful.

This is not the hobby for someone who is into instant gratification.

:rofl2::rofl2:

:clap::clap::clap:

sxseven
January 16th, 2008, 3:32pm
Don't give up.....lol and :trolls: I just started not too long ago, but I haven't won diddly squanto yet!! :mad3: but I think my time to shine will be coming up soon!

Boochi
January 16th, 2008, 3:33pm
I think the last thing that I won was a Hanes t-shirt- I am sooo ready for a win!!! I have no patience lately. I want to win something - whaaa - please excuse me for being a baby - Im just bored and whiney today!!!

pambanter
January 16th, 2008, 3:36pm
Don't give up.....lol and :trolls: I just started not too long ago, but I haven't won diddly squanto yet!! :mad3: but I think my time to shine will be coming up soon!

Don't feed the TROLLS? Am I the TROLL? Because I seriously believe someone who started here this month and say they have been sweeping for a whole month and actually words their post in a way that is whining is OBVIOUSLY a troll who is just yanking my chain ON PURPOSE because they somehow know I am turning 50 YEARS OLD in a few days and I am at the end of my patience.

RockysJewel
January 16th, 2008, 3:36pm
no you will not.

angelfish
January 16th, 2008, 3:39pm
...and then stand in the front yard all day wearing a foil hat....SonofaB!!!!!
That explains why I haven't won my car yet!:rofl2:

pambanter
January 16th, 2008, 3:40pm
no you will not.
Now, see, that is far more trollish than what I said. But that is because RJ and I share a single brain and she has it this week.

Here is the OP:

will i EVER win
ok iv only been sweeping for about a month BUT i am a little bummed i havnt won yet . so how long did it take for YOUR first win?

A more realistic and less annoying way to say this would have been one of the following choices:

A: Hi! I just started sweeping about a month ago. Does anyone really win on these things?

B: Hi! I just started sweeping about a month ago and I don't want to sound impatient, but when do people usually start winning?

C: Hi! I just started sweeping about a month ago and I sure would like to win something. Any tips or advice?

RockysJewel
January 16th, 2008, 3:45pm
LOL ..... :grin5:

Now, see, that is far more trollish than what I said. But that is because RJ and I share a single brain and she has it this week.

Here is the OP:

A more realistic and less annoying way to say this would have been one of the following choices:

A: Hi! I just started sweeping about a month ago. Does anyone really win on these things?

B: Hi! I just started sweeping about a month ago and I don't want to sound impatient, but when do people usually start winning?

C: Hi! I just started sweeping about a month ago and I sure would like to win something. Any tips or advice?

Globug_47
January 16th, 2008, 3:46pm

To not have any patience for someone that is whining about not winning anything yet after only being a member for 2 weeks IS NOT being a TROLL.

It is merely voicing an opinion on how silly it is to expect a win from sweeping after an absurdly short period of time...... nothing more , nothing less.

Now if OP was a member who had joined over a year or two ago and she/he made that very same post, I'm sure that you'd have more sympathetic replies.

But 2 weeks? Give me a break! Guess I'm a TROLL too.... ahh well.... at least I'm in some good company.:rofl2:

pambanter
January 16th, 2008, 3:49pm
And then, if the OP had said something along the line of those questions, I would have said:

Well, OP, welcome and good luck! The general consensus around here is that the wins will start coming in pretty regularly after about six months. You could look at my win list and see what I have won. It does come and go in stages but if you enter religiously you WILL win!

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?t=641622&highlight=pambanter%27s

cyt
January 16th, 2008, 3:56pm
YES :bubbles:

jeepers
January 16th, 2008, 4:07pm
Wow, there's some cranky people here today.

I'm gone. I don't want to catch it. :fairy1:

redskins moose
January 16th, 2008, 4:15pm
Keys to winning .... three P's and an R

Premium
Persistence
Patience
Roboform

and throw in a little LUCK

:welcome: Welcome and Best of Luck :welcome:

SweepsCat
January 16th, 2008, 4:22pm
Dont forget the instants! When I first joined I didn't even notice the instant section for about a month!! :goofy2:

Boochi
January 16th, 2008, 4:36pm
I think it was about 3 months before I got my first win - but then you better believe I was addicted then - shortly after my first win - I found this site and have been winning on and off since!! Good Luck to you!

Mamajama
January 16th, 2008, 4:40pm
It took me about 3 months to start winning. 2007 was a VERY bad sweeping year for me, except for the very end. I won $900 worth of cash and prizes in Dec. Go figure!

Good luck.

shivas105
January 16th, 2008, 4:46pm
what is premium? and i do i join

Go to options/help at the top of the page and click on premium subscriptions. It will explain it. It is worth it.

Wisconsin Bryan
January 16th, 2008, 4:59pm
For me ironically, I had all my wins the first month I started. I won an apple ipod shuffle, nice golf shoes, a $25 preloaded mastercard, a case of chex mix, a bottle of paul mitchell shampoo and Linkin Park concert tickets with a signed poster, and I was really hyped. Now its been almost a year of everyday entering and nothing. Don't give up.

Texxy
January 16th, 2008, 5:11pm
Well my luck hasn't been the greatest lately either. I haven't had a win for months, and yes it does get discouraging, I just keep on entering and maybe some day I will win an AWESOME vacation, car, or I would take anything at this time, a win is a win!!

retrobruce
January 16th, 2008, 5:13pm
To not have any patience for someone that is whining about not winning anything yet after only being a member for 2 weeks IS NOT being a TROLL.

It is merely voicing an opinion on how silly it is to expect a win from sweeping after an absurdly short period of time...... nothing more , nothing less.

Now if OP was a member who had joined over a year or two ago and she/he made that very same post, I'm sure that you'd have more sympathetic replies.

But 2 weeks? Give me a break! Guess I'm a TROLL too.... ahh well.... at least I'm in some good company.:rofl2:

You are not trolls.

When sweeping for that short of a time, even if you WON something on the very first day, you probably wouldn't even KNOW about it for several months.

The only time you will know right away is if it is an instant win, and percentagewise, there are not that many of htem out there.

To "expect" a win that quickly is over-optimism. I don't like being a wet blanket, but you absolutely can NOT get your hopes up that high of winning. That just sets you up for a major bummer of a life.

Bassoon2
January 16th, 2008, 5:15pm
one month? ONE month? Play the slot machines for instant gratification.

Wiley
January 16th, 2008, 5:16pm
I have to say that I am going to agree with Pambanter on this one!:pinkie:

HoneyDo
January 16th, 2008, 5:33pm

Not like it was years ago.
Many millions more enter now :(
First prize took me a week.
And for few years a prize came every week. sometimes 2-3 a week
Last year I did not win anything at all.
Who knows you may be the lucky one
Miles

shoppinqueen
January 16th, 2008, 5:42pm

nobody ever really wins anything here,they're just yanking your chain.

judyv01510
January 16th, 2008, 5:53pm
Gees, another one who thinks this is a get rich quick scheme.

This is a hobby not a part time job.

The Seahorse Lady
January 16th, 2008, 5:55pm
Yes, you will win as long as you keep entering. My major rules for sweeping is patience, persistence and time. My first win was many, many years ago but I tend to recall that it was about 7 months before my first prize came in and then they kept coming in after that. Enter as often as you can, read the rules and sit back, have fun and relax.

I am hoping that the sweepstakes fairy comes your way soon. :fairy1:

judyv01510
January 16th, 2008, 5:58pm
And then, if the OP had said something along the line of those questions, I would have said:

Well, OP, welcome and good luck! The general consensus around here is that the wins will start coming in pretty regularly after about six months. You could look at my win list and see what I have won. It does come and go in stages but if you enter religiously you WILL win!

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?t=641622&highlight=pambanter%27s

General consensus here is most win only small stuff and most win, very few of those.

vegas1
January 16th, 2008, 6:44pm
I have been sweeping for about a month and my largest instant win so far is the Glad Bag basket (AVR $65). I have won a $10 gas card and a couple of $20 gift certificates. Those "sorry" messages can sure be annoying!:yesyes: Keep entering because newbies do win and I hope you win something real soon!

pambanter
January 17th, 2008, 12:54pm
General consensus here is most win only small stuff and most win, very few of those.

I don't know what you are talking about. I have won 4 HOF prizes since I started here.

kelmist
January 17th, 2008, 1:02pm
I was starting to get a little bummed out about sweeping and was only planning on entering a couple today........and then I won $100 on an instant and it has me back in the game! You just have to remember that SOMEONE is going to win - and you can be the one IF you are entered. I love having a chance!

dhunt
January 17th, 2008, 3:02pm
A WHOLE MONTH??? And it's only the 16th.

Did you expect you would join a site with 150.000+ sweepers and start winning right away???

:rofl2:
You can be such a smart-a.

TawnyNY
January 17th, 2008, 3:09pm
Think I won a gc for $200 in a couple months of starting and won a trip to Disney 10 months after I started sweeping.

TawnyNY
January 17th, 2008, 3:31pm
Don't feed the TROLLS? Am I the TROLL? Because I seriously believe someone who started here this month and say they have been sweeping for a whole month and actually words their post in a way that is whining is OBVIOUSLY a troll who is just yanking my chain ON PURPOSE because they somehow know I am turning 50 YEARS OLD in a few days and I am at the end of my patience.

I turned 50 a few months ago.

Happy birthday and welcome to the club (what club, I have no idea).

elizabethb
January 17th, 2008, 4:25pm
Yeah, you'll win. I started in June and have won a few little things. Nothing to get extremely excited about, but TO ME the wins were exciting, if that makes sense. Honestly, I think I enjoy the HOPE of winning almost as much as the actual win. It gives me something pleasant to look forward to I guess, in a way. But I'm weird, so that's probably just me.

Good luck to you!!!!!! :cheer8:

Reverie
January 17th, 2008, 4:51pm

Well, we all read things differently but I'm reading from your post that you are well aware that a month isn't a long time ("only") and you're a "little" discouraged. I certainly don't see that as whining.

And what you are really asking is how long did it take before we won. The instant wins especially can give the impression that if you aren't winning instantly but instead seeing lots and lots of "Sorry," you might be doing something wrong and you wonder realistically how long is reasonable to wait before trying something different.

And most people here answered it nicely and understood your post. All I can say is that most here are very kind and helpful to newcomers regardless of their questions.

Welcome and good luck to you! :)

Foxfire0-0-7
January 17th, 2008, 5:02pm
I don't want to discourage anyone but it took me 5 years before I won ANYTHING.....and then it was $6,000.00 worth of golf equipment, clothing and accessories......well worth the wait.. Now, take into account I only enter sweeps that I want to win....big sweeps...dealing with either golf, Hawaii, cruises or big cash....and so do a bazillion other "casual sweepers. You will win if you are in.

sbmdr
January 17th, 2008, 5:43pm
First of all, Welcome! Not everybody here thinks you're whining. I think you have a very legitimate question. It took me 3 months before I started seeing a flow of wins coming in. Also, I visit the Free Stuff Forum here quite frequently which helps during the dry spells. Receiving anything from shampoo samples to dog treats a couple times a week keeps the momentum going when the wins are few and far between. I hope many wins come your way soon!

whiskeyguy
January 17th, 2008, 9:42pm
Lol my first win game less than two weeks after I started... a PSP package from Fanscape, ARV about $600! Then, absolutely nothing for about 8 months now! I thought I was going to be winning something every other week. I won my first instants (two in one day) just a week ago, and I wasn't a premium member until about a month ago. You just have to hang in there... when you do win it's well worth it.

MistyNoMore
January 17th, 2008, 9:47pm
Over a year, here. Sweeping daily.

cpnqn
January 17th, 2008, 9:56pm

It took a year almost for my first win & then they didn't NOTIFY me until a year AFTER that! :tiptoe:

I would have been REALLY excited had I won ANYTHING at that point- but, after my first year playing- I finally started hitting in fairly regular.

Will you win? It's a VERY complicated equation mathematically & then a matter of collecting pixie/fairy dust as others give it out. (And, in my case the works of my Saints!!!)

#of entries
multiply by times entered
divide by number of entrants
divide that by number of prizes & that should give you a rough estimate of your odds...

I can't speak for all sweeps- but, know most are better then the lottery odds. One I won had 10k entrants, I was on a page earlier that was for a sweep and had a hit counter- standing at just over 6k. Those are REALLY good odds for one prize, let alone more then that.

If you're about to start figuring- don't bother- you never KNOW how many people enter. Even KNOWING still wouldn't correctly tell you luck of the draw.

I do know this though & it's probably the secret we would most like to keep under wraps to those that aren't here... You CANNOT win if you are not entered... SHHHHH... lol.

Like the previous poster earlier- I don't enter except for things I actually WANT now as well- I pay taxes nearly every year & discovered PDQ, those really add up. Unless I'm willing to take the tax hit, I'm NOT entering it. T-shirts and things were exciting at the start & I don't mind so much now- but, those aren't what I'm entering for. I'm after the 3 things ALL sweepers are usually after as well.