PDA

View Full Version : SweepSheet up for sale!

htg20
January 14th, 2008, 8:23pm
Update: Here is her post from SS:

Re: Sweepsheet for sale??
I'm not going anywhere. Dan posted that listing on that website a good two years ago. In fact, he'd forgotten about it.

Whether we sell or not, I still plan on being on the board daily. And whether we sell or not, I also plan on placing you in good hands. Sweeping hands.

Sandy

This may be old news but I hadn't heard about it. Another member posted this in the thread about the Rags To Riches Newsletter (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?t=643927&page=7&highlight=rtr). It can be yours for the low price of $600,000! :jawdrop:

http://www.smallbizbroker.com/info/brokerinfo.cfm?ListingID=6432

Apparently the owners are retiring.

ksmith47
January 14th, 2008, 8:26pm
I had heard that the owners were wanting to retire. I hope they find a buyer that is as dedicated to the newsletter as the current owners are.

scubagirl
January 14th, 2008, 8:35pm
The only problem is that they didn't tell their subscribers that they were putting it up for sale.

susan1215
January 14th, 2008, 8:41pm
The only problem is that they didn't tell their subscribers that they were putting it up for sale.

I'm not suprised as they don't want people to not renew their subscirptions and thus affect how much they can get for the business.

htg20
January 14th, 2008, 8:53pm
I had heard that the owners were wanting to retire. I hope they find a buyer that is as dedicated to the newsletter as the current owners are.

Most definitely.

teechbiz
January 14th, 2008, 9:01pm
retiring. One person asked if Sandy if she was going to retire since she mentioned wanting to retire. She kind of said one day but then was ambivalent about it. I have liked my experience with sweepsheet. I can tell you I have 18 more issues left. I guess I might not renew. I will be sad as I loved her hotflashes and have won several times through that.

swpsfansweare
January 14th, 2008, 9:13pm
that kinda sucks, I hope they find buyers that will keep it up as good:rolleyes2

saphyress
January 14th, 2008, 9:26pm
Awww, I like Sandy and the great job she's done. And I've won from there too!
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the next person is as dedicated

Poppy
January 14th, 2008, 9:58pm
Wow!!!:highfive:

bnit2winit
January 14th, 2008, 10:25pm
This is sad. After reading a few recommendations I was just about to start subscribing to a few of these sweeping newsletters. This makes the 2nd one that's closing shop. (sighs) Hopefully my luck will turn around with the online-sweeps.

luvscats36
January 14th, 2008, 10:28pm
Sandy just told everyone that this posting is over 2 years old and they had actually forgotten about it. They are not at this time planning to retire. so not to worry.
Val

htg20
January 14th, 2008, 11:14pm
Sandy just told everyone that this posting is over 2 years old and they had actually forgotten about it. They are not at this time planning to retire. so not to worry.
Val

Ah, good to know!

pstanos
January 14th, 2008, 11:31pm
Here is her post from SS:

I'm not going anywhere. Dan posted that listing on that website a good two years ago. In fact, he'd forgotten about it.

Whether we sell or not, I still plan on being on the board daily. And whether we sell or not, I also plan on placing you in good hands. Sweeping hands.

Sandy

CathyVeester
January 14th, 2008, 11:55pm
Update:

This may be old news but I hadn't heard about it. Another member posted this in the thread about the Rags To Riches Newsletter (http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?t=643927&page=7&highlight=rtr). It can be yours for the low price of $600,000! :jawdrop:

http://www.smallbizbroker.com/info/brokerinfo.cfm?ListingID=6432

Apparently the owners are retiring.

Wow, that seems like a lot of money for that.

scubagirl
January 15th, 2008, 10:23am
Here is her post from SS:

Sandy

So she's not denying it. (It wasn't posted 2 years ago btw....it was posted much more recently than that....the internet archive is handy to look up things like this)

She just says that *SHE* isn't going anywhere - she's not saying it's not for sale.

And it isn't cool to be stealing things that are posted here and posting them on Sweepsheet (and vice versa).

the1thatluvswsu
January 15th, 2008, 5:29pm
I think Sandy says she has 14000 subscribers at $35 a year....is $490000. a year....so I don't think it's overpriced.
IMO - and that's all it is -
If she or Dan put that ad up, recently like you say.....
They are testing the waters, if anyone bites, or shows interest maybe then she will say something to the subscribers......
My neighbors have had their house on the market for quite awhile.....they haven't said they are moving yet.....they probably won't til they sell...... KWIM???

bnit2winit
January 15th, 2008, 6:15pm
:cool: Glad to hear she's not closing shop. I can appreciate her honesty with all the rumors going around. Now that's it's safe I'm going to sign up!

the1thatluvswsu
January 15th, 2008, 6:44pm
:cool: Glad to hear she's not closing shop. I can appreciate her honesty with all the rumors going around. Now that's it's safe I'm going to sign up!

I love it, and have a year left at least, and I will renew no matter what. Welcome aboard.

sweepermarialynn
January 15th, 2008, 6:51pm

hey ksmith47, i really love your avatar! would you mind sharing it with me so i can use it on another forum? pleeeeeeeeeeeeze! :-)

ksmith47
January 15th, 2008, 7:08pm
hey ksmith47, i really love your avatar! would you mind sharing it with me so i can use it on another forum? pleeeeeeeeeeeeze! :-)

Go for it! Good luck!

msbabedoll
January 16th, 2008, 10:31am
I also am a subscriber to sweepsheet and LOVE IT!! I hope they do not sell and close up shop. :cry:

dolls123
April 7th, 2008, 5:41pm
sold

susan1215
April 7th, 2008, 8:25pm
They aren't closing are they? I wonder if they will be any changes to the newsletter/website.

awkward
April 7th, 2008, 8:31pm
I loved SWEEPSHEET when I was a subscriber. I quit renewing when so many of the sweeps had internet entries too. I loved the hot flashes. Do the sweeps still have a lot of alternate entry via internet listed?

What I would really love to see is OLS's Snail section to be listed in the OLS directory with a category called SNAIL. I think with the volume of members here we could be the best contest site out there whether online or SNAIL.

As you know we are the best for online already!

hollytree
April 7th, 2008, 8:47pm
I just sent a renewal last week.:dontknow:

coljim
April 7th, 2008, 8:48pm
I loved SWEEPSHEET when I was a subscriber. I quit renewing when so many of the sweeps had internet entries too. I loved the hot flashes. Do the sweeps still have a lot of alternate entry via internet listed?

What I would really love to see is OLS's Snail section to be listed in the OLS directory with a category called SNAIL. I think with the volume of members here we could be the best contest site out there whether online or SNAIL.

As you know we are the best for online already!
I think we get the best at the best possible price. :twocents:
How are things going for you? Better..................................:bouquet:

awkward
April 7th, 2008, 9:09pm
Yes, thanks for asking. My grandma has been spending a lot more time with us. I hate that she lives so far away. My MIL is doing better too. Her cancer is still there but she is feeling better. I am hoping that I won't have to attend any more funerals for a long time.

I think we get the best at the best possible price. :twocents:
How are things going for you? Better..................................:bouquet:

coljim
April 7th, 2008, 9:20pm
Yes, thanks for asking. My grandma has been spending a lot more time with us. I hate that she lives so far away. My MIL is doing better too. Her cancer is still there but she is feeling better. I am hoping that I won't have to attend any more funerals for a long time.
My prayers are with you and yours.

Dave W.
April 7th, 2008, 10:51pm
I just sent a renewal last week.:dontknow:

They are not going out of business, just new owners.

They are continuing on and won't be changing much from what I can tell.

This is pretty big news in the sweeping community-- imagine if Brent retired from OLS and turned over the reins to someone else.

Best of luck to the old owners, new owners, and all the loyal subscribers......

elittle2004
April 8th, 2008, 12:15am
What is a SweepSheet?

secular
April 8th, 2008, 2:21am
What is a SweepSheet?

Another sweep site.

theladyluck
April 8th, 2008, 3:50am
What is a SweepSheet?

It's an excellent sweepstakes newsletter that comes out every two weeks, and is available by subscription either by mail or downloadable in .pdf format online. The newsletter itself covers snail-mail sweeps, but there are lots of other perks available online to subscribers only. They include a section of regional and quick closing mail-in sweeps and another of skill contests, a directory of online sweeps, and a "Conversation Corner" similar to the forums here.

We were among the first subscribers. We've been getting it for 17 years and have gotten many grand prizes and other just great prizes from sweeps we found in it.

You can get more information or order a sample issue at http://www.sweepsheet.com

Janir
April 8th, 2008, 5:17am
I ditto Nadine, it's a great resource for snails!
(And P.S., not nearly the drama on their message board!) Those guys are serious snailers...

steflink
April 8th, 2008, 12:48pm
a new editor today...
Dan and Sandy are, indeed, retiring.

obxhatteraslight
April 8th, 2008, 6:27pm
I wish them well but am pretty sad about this too. SS was my first snail publication...

coljim
April 9th, 2008, 1:03pm
I wish them well but am pretty sad about this too. SS was my first snail publication...

My age is showing.:rolleyes2
My first snail publication was CNL and then Sweepsheet. I think of it as part of the progression to get to OLS. If I were to return to snails I would subscribe to Sweeping America.