PDA

View Full Version : Play kitchen sets from the 1970's

laurenk503
January 4th, 2008, 9:08pm
Did anyone here have those metal kitchen sets in the 1970's???

My father just found my me and my sister's metal refrigerator!!! It is in great condition!! It is so cute! It is metal and when you open it there are stickers on each side with pictures of food and then shelf's. It even has a pretend ice machine in the front!!!

Wow - it brought back so many memories!

I tried to look it up to see if it is worth anything but I can't find any info!! Not on e-bay or anywhere. It is called (says on the door) "Lil' Kenmore".

Anyone know where I can find info? I am not going to sell it - just curious as to its worth.

I remember we had the sink and stove too.

Someone else must have had one!

Meadow
January 4th, 2008, 9:15pm
I remember those. They were really cute.

Try an ebay search and see what you come up with.

melonhed
January 4th, 2008, 9:16pm
I had a whole set of em, including the diswasher with the plastic streamer "water jets". Those were my most favorite toys ever. Ever!:cheer10:

astromynx
January 4th, 2008, 9:30pm
My sister and I had the metal refridgerator and stove. We had so much plastic food and dishes! We played with them ALL the time. :)

Captain Nemo
January 4th, 2008, 9:43pm
something like this ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Wolverine-Polar-Childs-Toy-Refrigerator_W0QQitemZ360008327995QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360008327995&_trksid=p3286.c52.m20.l1116

Oreo107
January 4th, 2008, 9:55pm
I had an easy-bake oven made of metal. Now that really cooked!

zelda
January 4th, 2008, 10:04pm
Is this one similar (or it) http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-metal-toy-fridge_W0QQitemZ170182233915QQihZ007QQcategoryZ30QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or more like this http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Child-Size-Stove-Sink-Refrigerator-Kitchen-Set_W0QQitemZ180186702872QQihZ008QQcategoryZ30QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m1 18#ebayphotohosting

This is a vintage "sears" set http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-SEARS-STORE-DISPLAY-TOY-STOVE-REFRIGERATOR-SINK_W0QQitemZ150200807023QQihZ005QQcategoryZ30QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m 118

Alimar
January 4th, 2008, 10:22pm
I had a metal set--it was closest to the second set pictured in zelda's post above, but I think there was only one fridge door (not double doors), and the oven opened down like our real oven. I remember it was in a common 70s color for appliances...I'm pretty sure it was Avocado Green (as our real appliances also were), but I'm not positive.

melonhed
January 4th, 2008, 10:27pm
I had a metal set--it was closest to the second set pictured in zelda's post above, but I think there was only one fridge door (not double doors), and the oven opened down like our real oven. I remember it was in a common 70s color for appliances...I'm pretty sure it was Avocado Green (as our real appliances also were), but I'm not positive.

Mine too. Single fridge and drop down oven door. Mine were yellow and none of the pics are like mine were. I am searching but coming up empty.:frown3:

luckywishes
January 4th, 2008, 10:32pm
OMG my upstairs neighbor had one and we tried to cook a cake in it by throwing matches inside LOL . I'll never forget that. Man, did I get it good that night. I can remember it rusting out after a while and always getting scratched on the corners..lol

john1948
January 4th, 2008, 10:44pm
Try Antiques Roadshow .Com ( The one that comes on T.V.)

cdecee
January 4th, 2008, 10:51pm
I had a metal kitchen set. Just went searching online for it. Couldn't find it but
came across this cool site with 70's toys, tv shows, etc.. It also had 80's and 90's.
Had some fun rediscovering long lost toys and fads. Pop on over and have some fun.
:D

http://www.retroland.com/

occ1956
January 4th, 2008, 10:58pm
They were selling very well in antique shops. Many collectors of toys will try to collect sets or just something that reminds them of their childhood. It has been awhile since I had a booth in an antique mall so I am not sure how one would go now. If you don't want to sell it and I wouldn't, find a unique way to display it and enjoy. I love toys!

Jean in Southern Illinois

"Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me!"

fastfreddie1959
January 4th, 2008, 10:58pm
My sisters had them all and ive got 8 sisters:laugh::laugh:
Those light bulb cup-cakes did not taste very good:laugh::laugh:

Maprinces3
January 4th, 2008, 11:18pm
Always wanted one of those sets, but alas I never got one. I did have the baby doll cradle, carriage, and highchair set.

Maddgiggler
January 5th, 2008, 12:46am
I never had one of those sets!!! I had a wonderful metal ironing board but that was only fun in the snow.

jarakana
January 5th, 2008, 2:03am
Yes, I had the set with the fridge, sink and stove, just exactly as you described. Funny, how just the other day I was thinking back about them and my playroom, that I had to share with my younger brother, lol. I had this old toy box with my dolls, barbies, school books that my older sisters had used (I am #9 out of 10 siblings) that I would write on, even my moms old school books! It is neat how there is someone else that had the same set as myself. Good luck in finding about them. Blessings!

sunnybunny
January 5th, 2008, 2:05am
i wasnt born then but wow what an awesome thing!

laurenk503
January 8th, 2008, 9:42pm
Thanks everyone! I forgot I posted this!!!!

Mine was similar to the pics shown but not exactly - very close though!! I LOVED it!
It's a Lil' Kenmore and has double doors and an ice machine on it!

Too funny. Thanks for sharing your memories and the e-bay links and everything!!

My old one is at my dad's in great condition. I really want to take it home and play with it!! LOL.

Defenderofthefaith
January 8th, 2008, 11:14pm
I had one. I loved the play sink that actually dispensed water.

April1p
January 8th, 2008, 11:23pm
I had one when I was little along with a little table and chairs and would make my Dad sit in them and serve him :chef:pretend tea and cookies. We (my Dad and I) were laughing about this over the holidays and he was telling me how he stayed up that whole Christmas Eve to put it together for me. I think my Mom has pictures of me opening it up. Sweet memories...to be young again.

jellosheriff
January 8th, 2008, 11:40pm
I had the fridge and sink and maybe the stove. If I recall, mine were yellow metal with faux wood trim. The fridge got a little dented and the sink rusted inside since you could pump water through it and it would splash inside the shallow pail my folks gave me for it.

It wasn't in the greatest shape when we got rid of it.

Gmaw
January 8th, 2008, 11:58pm
Did anyone here have those metal kitchen sets in the 1970's???

My father just found my me and my sister's metal refrigerator!!! It is in great condition!! It is so cute! It is metal and when you open it there are stickers on each side with pictures of food and then shelf's. It even has a pretend ice machine in the front!!!

Wow - it brought back so many memories!

I tried to look it up to see if it is worth anything but I can't find any info!! Not on e-bay or anywhere. It is called (says on the door) "Lil' Kenmore".

Anyone know where I can find info? I am not going to sell it - just curious as to its worth.

I remember we had the sink and stove too.

Someone else must have had one!

Our church has many of these sets in the nursery and primary wings. I love watching the kids still play with them. I often wonder what they would be worth also. I imagine they are still pretty common, since they are metal and made to last. I am curious to see what you find out.:cool3:

elitucker
January 9th, 2008, 12:59am
Is this the one? It has the whole set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-Childs-Metal-Toy-Kitchen-Kenmore-4-piece-Life-Size_W0QQitemZ320204063329QQihZ011QQcategoryZ19181QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

laurenk503
January 9th, 2008, 10:50am
OMG!! YES!!! That is IT!!! Wow!

I don't have the other pieces anymore but that is the exact refrigerator - how funny!!

THANK YOU!