PDA

View Full Version : Secure smile-Don't waste your money!

Miki
November 21st, 2007, 5:55pm
I should have just kept saving up for the Imako teeth but, instead I ordered a pair from secure smile. Horrible! They look fake and huge. I am waiting for the reply from the company. What upsets me is they charged $7 for priority shipping ($4 USPS box) and they are going to charge me a 10% restock fee for a refund. Oh, they also will be making ME pay for return shipping. I can't believe I was so careless with that money...I just wanted something to make me feel more secure until I can get some dental help.

Leaves a bitter taste in your mouth taking a chance like this. I could have used the $$ for something else. I should have known better. :bhead:

http://www.faketeeth.net/servlet/Categories?category=My+Secure+Smile

TinyMoMo
November 21st, 2007, 8:27pm
Are you joking...?

Miki
November 21st, 2007, 8:33pm
No, why would I be joking? I seriously bought these as did other OLSers but, they ordered a more expensive brand. I was just stupid enough to order from someone like this site.

Some people will do just about anything they can to find a way to help insecurities when they don't have money nor insurance for dental/ealth.

BTW, I talked to the company. I don't get my shipping and 10% restocking fee I don't think (not sure yet) but, they told me they will cover shipping it back to them.

You all can make fun of me if you want. My intentions was to be happier to *smile* again.

gemini lion
November 21st, 2007, 8:43pm
I am not making fun of you but the first thing I thought when I saw the site was that that it was a joke site that sold all kinds of playful, costumey type teeth.

I am sorry that your out money and it didn't work out. I feel for you..I have no money for the dentist and I feel it's just a matter of time before I will be in big trouble.

Think of it as a lesson learned and don't be so hard on yourself.

Miki
November 21st, 2007, 8:47pm
I understand, I thought it was all joke teeth and costumes as well when I first looked. Thanks, trying not to kick myself in the a%% about it but, with the holidays it is kind of hard not to. Yes, lesson learned!

Here is the whole discussion on fake teeth-

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?t=613328&highlight=imako

Meadow
November 21st, 2007, 8:52pm
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.

I'm even more sorry that so many people in this country are unable to afford dental care and that a quality dental plan is almost nonexistent these days.

Working families should not have to resort to ordering things like this.

It's a real shame.

KChele
November 21st, 2007, 9:19pm
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.

I'm even more sorry that so many people in this country are unable to afford dental care and that a quality dental plan is almost nonexistent these days.

Working families should not have to resort to ordering things like this.

It's a real shame.

I agree. I think the same thing also applies to vision care.

TinyMoMo
November 21st, 2007, 10:11pm
Sorry, I saw all the fake teeth...then the one that came up must not be what you actually bought-sorry
I didn't understand the website

Ravin
November 21st, 2007, 10:29pm
That sucks Miki! :hugs:

Miki
November 22nd, 2007, 3:24am
Sorry, I saw all the fake teeth...then the one that came up must not be what you actually bought-sorry
I didn't understand the website

Its ok, sorry for being snappy. We good? :heart: I was just really disappointed in this whole thing.

Thanks everyone. I agree, there needs to be something done with the health care system. I am only 30 years old and I have a horrible dental problem right now :( I would do anything to have better teeth and I brush them all the time so I don't understand. I need to contact that clinic and see if they are taking new patients again. They give a discount for dental work and it's located an hour away but, worth it if I can get a decent price.

jenninshelby
November 22nd, 2007, 3:35am
I am not making fun of you but the first thing I thought when I saw the site was that that it was a joke site that sold all kinds of playful, costumey type teeth.

I am sorry that your out money and it didn't work out. I feel for you..I have no money for the dentist and I feel it's just a matter of time before I will be in big trouble.

Think of it as a lesson learned and don't be so hard on yourself.

I thought same thing when I saw the site. It does look kind of like a joke site and the teeth look like anybodys set of false teeth. :mad:

Miki, so sorry that happened to you and hope you get your money back! :hugs:

SeaDebi
November 22nd, 2007, 4:19am
Miki

I'm sorry this happened to you. We had the same experiece with Imako.. My husband ordered a set after all the rave reviews. They were the right size for his mouth, but unfortunately, he couldn't use them. His fang teeth are longer than the dentures. They look totally out of whack. I wish you luck with Imako, if you decide to get them. They look great, he is just unable to use these. I guess we are just going to have to suck it up, and get him to a dentist. Too bad, it's sooo damn expensive, and at this point we can't afford it.....:grin2: We were just hoping for a quick fix, until we had some $$$

KristieP
November 22nd, 2007, 7:12am
I am so sorry Miki.

Hoping for a BIG Cash WIN for you so you can fix your teeth!

LemonSeven
November 22nd, 2007, 7:36am
I hope they don't really restock after they've been returned. Yikes!

As far as dentists go, maybe you could ask your local dentist to see if you could make monthly payments. My dentist let me pay $20.00 month when I didn't have insurance but I don't know if he's an exception. I appreciated it, though.

Miki
November 22nd, 2007, 6:24pm
I hope they don't really restock after they've been returned. Yikes!

As far as dentists go, maybe you could ask your local dentist to see if you could make monthly payments. My dentist let me pay $20.00 month when I didn't have insurance but I don't know if he's an exception. I appreciated it, though.

They only accept unopened packages and mine is unopened. You can see through the package since it's clear plastic.

None of my local dentists do a payment plan. I have called every single one of them and they want money up front, no exceptions.

Thanks everyone, I want to win cash too! I could pay a couple debts and go get my teeth worked on, I would be so thrilled.

LemonSeven
November 22nd, 2007, 7:00pm
Man, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope you win big, too and wish you the best of luck!:gvibes:

LemonSeven
November 22nd, 2007, 7:43pm
Please also let me apologize for saying the amount my dentist allowed me to pay. It does not help to hear that when options are limited. I'm very sorry. It was rude of me.

toydiva65
November 22nd, 2007, 7:52pm
Oh Miki...that just sucks!! I'm so sorry that happened to you!! Still haven't fitted my Imakos yet......DD (believe it or not) last hers and was panicking.....so I gave her DH's (since he hadn't opened his yet) and she's happy again.

If you save some money, let me know. We got ours through another site (Imako brand) but they were $10 cheaper.

KristieP
November 23rd, 2007, 12:15am
They only accept unopened packages and mine is unopened. You can see through the package since it's clear plastic.

Did you use a credit card, Call them and tell them the story and do a charge back. They need to advertise what they sell.. Seriously. This is not a case of you changing your mind.

I bought a computer online from some company I had used before and they sent me a non working computer. They send me a label to return it and told me I had to pay to ship it back, $50 plus and they would not credit me for it! (I dont' think so!) so I did a chargeback and they had to pay to pick it up. I wanted to pee on it so bad but I didn't lol!!

Miki
November 23rd, 2007, 12:53am
First, let me say that I am totally loving this multi-quote feature!

Please also let me apologize for saying the amount my dentist allowed me to pay. It does not help to hear that when options are limited. I'm very sorry. It was rude of me.
Don't be sorry, it was a very good suggestion :hugs: I just wish I could use it!

Oh Miki...that just sucks!! I'm so sorry that happened to you!! Still haven't fitted my Imakos yet......DD (believe it or not) last hers and was panicking.....so I gave her DH's (since he hadn't opened his yet) and she's happy again.

If you save some money, let me know. We got ours through another site (Imako brand) but they were $10 cheaper.

Sounds like Imako is a good brand. I will see what happens after the holidays. Thanks for letting me know.

Did you use a credit card, Call them and tell them the story and do a charge back. They need to advertise what they sell.. Seriously. This is not a case of you changing your mind.

I bought a computer online from some company I had used before and they sent me a non working computer. They send me a label to return it and told me I had to pay to ship it back, $50 plus and they would not credit me for it! (I dont' think so!) so I did a chargeback and they had to pay to pick it up. I wanted to pee on it so bad but I didn't lol!!

That sucks! I am glad you did a chargeback though, sounds like gateway...those computers crash within a couple months or less and they don't want to do anything about it. I used paypal, when I send them back tomorrow we will see what kind of refund I get. Hopefully they refund it back through paypal so that I can do a little online shopping. Actually, they better refund through paypal because, that is how I paid.