PDA

View Full Version : PCH vouchers-Legit?

Miki
February 26th, 2007, 2:43pm
One of my inlaws wants to use one of those vouchers to order a Dell computer. Each voucher is $400 off. I received the same vouchers but, I tossed mine in the trash. She asked me if they were legit and I told her I really didn't know. Has anyone here ever ordered one of the larger items with those $400 vouchers with no problems? I told her I would ask around.

Thanks in advance!

Nubbs820
February 26th, 2007, 3:24pm
I would assume PCH vouchers would work. I've ordered smaller things from them at discounts with no problem. Make sure they read the small print and see if they have to go thru a specific website and make sure it's not $400 in rebates using x code.

Miki
February 26th, 2007, 3:27pm
I would assume PCH vouchers would work. I've ordered smaller things from them at discounts with no problem. Make sure they read the small print and see if they have to go thru a specific website and make sure it's not $400 in rebates using x code.

you do it all through the mail, I wish I didn't toss mine because, I would look at them and see if there is anything she would need to know more about. I ordered a couple things from that entry form, well 4 things and recieved 2. I ordered the mixing bowl set and a devil egg container which for a bonus they sent you two devil egg containers and 2 egg slicers. Each shipment was only around $20 though so I have no clue about the big ticket items.

Thanks for posting.

nicolehrb
February 26th, 2007, 4:07pm
I hace gotten them in the mail before and yes I've used them. They are legit. I ordered a stereo using the vouchers years ago. My best friend just ordered a computer using the vouchers

Miki
February 26th, 2007, 4:11pm
I hace gotten them in the mail before and yes I've used them. They are legit. I ordered a stereo using the vouchers years ago. My best friend just ordered a computer using the vouchers

Is there anything she needs to be aware of? Extra taxes, shipping, etc.?

Thanks for your post! I plan to call her tonight and let her know any info I find out.

Txsweeper
February 26th, 2007, 6:39pm
So it's $400 off the computer? Well, how much would that same computer cost without the voucher going through the Dell website?

It would scare me that it's a ripoff, in other words, they up the price to cover the $400.

Miki
February 26th, 2007, 7:29pm
So it's $400 off the computer? Well, how much would that same computer cost without the voucher going through the Dell website?

It would scare me that it's a ripoff, in other words, they up the price to cover the $400.

They have the $400 off vouchers for about 6 different items at different prices. She said that it would cost her $299. I told her I would go directly through dell but, she asked if I would ask around for her anyways.

nicolehrb
February 26th, 2007, 8:44pm
Is there anything she needs to be aware of? Extra taxes, shipping, etc.?

Thanks for your post! I plan to call her tonight and let her know any info I find out.

I dont remember there being any extra taxes or shipping...but it was also about 9 years ago. I took the $400 off the price ( from the voucher) and wants the balance was paid off they shipped it right away.

NightElf
February 26th, 2007, 9:29pm
I would be very carefull.

I had these kind of "vouchers" for the computer too. Read the fine print what system you are getting. The last one I had was for a refurbished windows 98 box, with under 10gb hard drive. :worry: :worry:
After vouchers it was still about 300 bucks for a computer I would have gotten free form a junk yard. :worry:

Miki
February 26th, 2007, 9:33pm
Thanks for the tips. I will mention to her that she might want to reconsider ordering it from them and if they go directly to Dell they may get one for a hundred more in better, newer condition.