PDA

View Full Version : How can I get my street address to be recognized?

Anewgranny
January 24th, 2007, 7:48am
How can I get my street address to be recognized?
UPDTAE: 1-25-07
I received an answer back from USPS. They gave me a link: www.usps.com/ncsc/lookups/ams_office_locator.html
Supposingly this place will help get your street address verified. They took my number and someone is suppose to call me back.
The gal on the phone said, they don't do this for everyone because they don't really handle physical addresses and most folks don't want their address exposed.
So, perhaps, I can get this verified and start winning some prizes!

This happens a lot to me.
After submitting to some sweeps. I get a page that says address can not be verified.
I do live in a town with streets and street signs, granted, it is small.
The ex mayor changed all the street names several years ago.

Today I get an email from eprize that said my address could not be verified and that they wouldn't send my prize.
I tried their link and re-typed my street address and it went to a page, "can not be verified". I then tried the name of the "old" street and it wouldn't take that either.
The only thing it would recognize is my PO Box. Eprize stated that anyone entering a PO Box would not receive their prize.
I wonder if anyone knows who to contact so that my small town and it streets can be put on record somewhere.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
I honestly think my demographics deters winning. If the judging agency can not verify the address, they probably just DQ it and pick another. :frown3:

momofmandc
January 24th, 2007, 8:13am
Make sure that the name of your town matches your zip code. Sometimes the use of a different town name is the issue. Go to the USPS website, type in your address and the Post Office will give you your official address. Make sure you use what the post office tells you your address is so it can be verified.

Sextant
January 24th, 2007, 8:13am
I think that would be up the post office even though our county GIS dept is in charge of the naming and numbering of all streets. Have you tried your old address before it was changed?

psalmstress
January 24th, 2007, 8:36am
They probably use software like postalsoft. Unfortunately if they don't have your address I wouldn't know how to get it corrected. Try emailing them and explaining.

billbb
January 24th, 2007, 8:46am
I live in a small town with no postal home delivery, so my address doesn't show up in the Post Offices' magic list as a valid address. I always use my street address followed by my PO Box number. Have no trouble with e-prize sending prizes, some companies call to verify the address and I guess some just don't give me the car that I probably won. Good luck

Bill

tholix
January 24th, 2007, 8:46am
Other than talking with your post office, I'm not sure what to do...but could you list a relatives address for claiming your prize for now with eprize?

karenlock
January 24th, 2007, 8:49am
well its nice to know we arent the only ones with this problem, I have been to the post office numerous times called fedex,made note to the ups man. not only is our street name not verifiable but theres another street named just like ours but we have spur at the end so our mail goes to them alot and they dont return it either.

ImWho
January 24th, 2007, 8:59am
I do feel your pain on this one. We live in a rural area, and I often hear "that's not a physical address" ......... Uhhh yes, it IS.
DHL and Airborne don't know I exist. :worry:

I guess we could say that we are 'between towns'? They changed our town name 3 or 4 times, same with zip. Box number onlly changed once this far though.

WI_LongNeck
January 24th, 2007, 9:04am
I have similar problems as I live in a rural area. I live on a small highway that in addresses (and the way people abbreviate it) is different everytime.
Example:
XXXX County Highway C
XXXX County Hwy C
XXXX Cty Hwy C
XXXX Hwy C
XXXX County Rd C
XXXX Cty Rd C
XXXX CTH C
All get me my mail but only one is recognized...
XXXX County Road C (recognized)

It was quite frustrating the first time when I was trying to get an address to go thru.
Now my problem is that the XXXX has a letter in front of the #'s to signify the Township I live in. Alot of times that has problems in address fields too so I have to leave it off (Only #'s are allowed)

bomar97
January 24th, 2007, 9:18am
We live rural too.. but on a state highway. Our address comes up on a different route, in a different town (not even next to ours), etc. I guess that's why some of my freebies don't make it to me??? UPS, USPS, Fed Ex have all found us with any orders we've made. DHL and Fed Ex ground send through the post office. Sears called once and had the wrong street (and this was after being here twice before) and another company coming for a lighting test called and said our address in the phone book was in a totally different town! I looked in our phone book and it was right, so don't know what one they used!

fromtheheart66
January 24th, 2007, 9:27am
I moved a year ago and have this problem now too. I dont know what to do. Sometimes if I add north to the street addy it works. Sometimes not. :frown3:

fromtheheart66
January 24th, 2007, 9:29am
My add is a hwy too. It must be the hwy thing that throws off the software.I have similar problems as I live in a rural area. I live on a small highway that in addresses (and the way people abbreviate it) is different everytime.
Example:
XXXX County Highway C
XXXX County Hwy C
XXXX Cty Hwy C
XXXX Hwy C
XXXX County Rd C
XXXX Cty Rd C
XXXX CTH C
All get me my mail but only one is recognized...
XXXX County Road C (recognized)

It was quite frustrating the first time when I was trying to get an address to go thru.
Now my problem is that the XXXX has a letter in front of the #'s to signify the Township I live in. Alot of times that has problems in address fields too so I have to leave it off (Only #'s are allowed)

Anewgranny
January 24th, 2007, 10:38am
Make sure that the name of your town matches your zip code. Sometimes the use of a different town name is the issue. Go to the USPS website, type in your address and the Post Office will give you your official address. Make sure you use what the post office tells you your address is so it can be verified.

I wrote the USPS because I tried what you said and a page came up that said, "we're sorry, we are unable to locate that address."
The town matches the zip code but my address can not be processed on USPS.
I really don't get it... because if I buy something online, no one has a problem with my address. Quite frustrating!

Anewgranny
January 25th, 2007, 3:14pm
I did get a number from USPS so others with this problem may be able to get help too. I posted it in my thread starter.
(I'm still waiting for a return call)