PDA

View Full Version : Changing Email Address

wmcr
January 3rd, 2007, 2:31pm
My email address has became overloaded with emails from entering sweeps. When I first started out here, I thought I needed to accept all the newsletters for a chance to win. Well, now it is catching up with me. I have anything with winner, congratulations, etc. going to one folder and that worked for a long time but somewhere I have picked up a place that send out about 50 winning emails for all kinds of stuff. It's a real pain in the butt!! I want to change email addresses but I wonder if that will hurt me somehow. Will it look to companies I have entered with before like I am cheating by using a different address? Maybe I am being overly cautious. What do you think?

wickedjen1960
January 3rd, 2007, 2:38pm
You would be better off canceling out of the newsletters you don't want and cleaning up your current email addy. Otherwise you'll end up with two email addresses that you have to go through and clean up daily. :frown3:

wmcr
January 3rd, 2007, 2:43pm
You would be better off canceling out of the newsletters you don't want and cleaning up your current email addy. Otherwise you'll end up with two email addresses that you have to go through and clean up daily. :frown3:

Well, I tried doing that about a month ago and it seems like I get more now that I did it. It's not the newsetters that bother me....it's the fake wins I keep getting....it's totally spam and they add more everyday....they even put the email date as 2037

Lady Luck
January 3rd, 2007, 2:50pm
Totally off topic, but what is your avatar? It kind of looks like
an ostrich by a mountain.

Back to the topic, I don't know.

wmcr
January 3rd, 2007, 2:52pm
Totally off topic, but what is your avatar? It kind of looks like
an ostrich by a mountain.

Back to the topic, I don't know.

HaHaHa...it's a cat!! One of those twisted whiskers ones... :laugh:

Lady Luck
January 3rd, 2007, 3:21pm
Ohhh, ok.
My eyes ain't what they used to be.

bwanas
January 3rd, 2007, 3:46pm
I don't use my main address for anything but business and family/friends I got a mail.com email address for sweeps and online shopping it works great

OKgirl
January 3rd, 2007, 5:16pm
I'd suggest when you get an email that you don't want, report it as spam. Or each time you get something you don't want, go thru their unsubscribe process, or email them to be taken off their list. And be more careful when you enter sweeps, to uncheck the box that subscribes you to their mailings.

Hopefully over time they will stop coming. That way you can still keep your email address.

Jessica25
January 6th, 2007, 10:22am
I am wondering the same thing. I have a juno address for my sweeps and I get TONS of people, family and business complaining that their emails are bounching back to them. It makes me wonder how many winning emails I missed! I just opened a new gmail account that I want to use for my sweeps, but I am afraid that the companies, like the current instants will think I am cheating if I register again with the new email. If they took the time to look into it, they would see that I never entered with two emails on the same day, but they may not look that far into it. What do other people do? Will I disqualify myself?