PDA

View Full Version : I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick a football..

LisKS
January 2nd, 2007, 4:40pm
Well, this is my first "new thread". . hope I'm in the right place!

UPS has never stopped at my house with a win. . .not yet, anyway! So today, as we sat in the front room chitting and chatting about nothing in particular, up roars that shiny brown truck, and it squeals to stop right in front of my house! As the driver hopped out we all stood and took a step toward the front door, eyes gleaming in anticipation. . .and then. . .
as we open the door we see the driver hop right back into the truck, and zoom it in reverse back down the street a hundred feet to my next door neighbor's house on our left. As he sprinted for THEIR front door with a good-sized package, our excited babble turned to sounds of dismay, but then. . .he jumped back into his truck, hit the gas, and braked hard in front of our next door neighbor's to the right, sprinted to THEIR door with a box.. .as our sounds of dismay turned to outright expletives! Then he drove away.

And then, we had a good laugh at ourselves, powered up the computer, and started entering more sweeps!

OK, so what's your UPS story???

Lisa

Tesla
January 2nd, 2007, 4:48pm
You thinks that's bad? Try having the UPS truck back into your driveway right up to the door, the driver jump out and start putting big boxes labeled DELL on your steps - to find out (after the fouth box has been unloaded and you are jumping all around doing the "Oh my God I must have won a computer" dance like a maniac and calling your husband at work screaming ) - that he is at the wrong house!

I'm still not completely over it. :laugh:

tamiwami
January 2nd, 2007, 4:55pm
You thinks that's bad? Try having the UPS truck back into your driveway right up to the door, the driver jump out and start putting big boxes labeled DELL on your steps - to find out (after the fouth box has been unloaded and you are jumping all around doing the "Oh my God I must have won a computer" dance like a maniac and calling your husband at work screaming ) - that he is at the wrong house!

I'm still not completely over it. :laugh:

I am grieving with you now! That would kill me! :laugh:

LisKS
January 2nd, 2007, 4:56pm
That is very, very sad Tesla! I feel your pain!

Lisa