PDA

View Full Version : Does email address make a difference?

admonkey
January 2nd, 2007, 10:53am
Tell me your opinion. I have several email addresses that I use - one is normal (initial and name) and one is my state with sweeper. Both are at the same email server. My question is - will awarding companies look at my sweeper address and not choose my entry because they know I am a sweeper? I have not won anything on that address and have won some on the other....what do you think?

sandee_w1963
January 2nd, 2007, 11:06am
I would use the most inconspicious one and not take a chance. Sweepers are genereally looked down upon from what i have seen. They see us(the sponsors) as people who are looking for something free(which we are) and taking all their good prizes (majority of anyway)
They are looking to expand their customer base and increase business.....bottom line.
GL and God Bless

secular
January 2nd, 2007, 11:14am
Although my email address is inconspicuous, I'll have to disagree with the above post. I think they see us as more people that will buy their product and use their services. Sweeps are part of the advertising budget so it really doesn't matter who wins them. The advertising budget is used to generate more business. I would think that if the companies that sponsor sweeps were not getting people to buy their products and/or services sweeps for advertising purposes would have gone by the wayside. Just my :twocents:!

As long as you play by the rules. :gvibes:

dovie
January 2nd, 2007, 11:33am
Although my email address is inconspicuous, I'll have to disagree with the above post. I think they see us as more people that will buy their product and use their services. Sweeps are part of the advertising budget so it really doesn't matter who wins them. The advertising budget is used to generate more business. I would think that if the companies that sponsor sweeps were not getting people to buy their products and/or services sweeps for advertising purposes would have gone by the wayside. Just my :twocents:!

As long as you play by the rules. :gvibes:

I have to agree with this. I also know there are many products I wouldn't have known about if it were not for sweeping that I use regularly now. My little middle daughters fave gifts (a keyboard) came from a music sight I found through OLS and a gorgeous print http://www.strangeling.com/fairyvoodoodoll.html that I wouldn't even have known about except JBG runs a monthly contest. Her work is outstanding, btw, much nicer than the pics online. My daughter already has had several friends getting into her artwork and though our taste may not be the same as yours, if you like anything to do with faeries, pixies, etc... I highly recommend it. I know there have been posts about sponsors not wanting professional sweeps sites etc... listing their contests I believe these are few and far between, and for the most part smaller organizations who don't know how to look at the bigger picture. Good luck whatever you decide, I personally use a yahoo addy and am thrilled with my wins.