PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Let's Remember it Honestly

NinePoint
January 2nd, 2007, 2:48am
2006 Let's Remember it Honestly

Profesionnally

I Took excellent care of my current accounts.
I did poorly at locking down new accounts.
But I'm leaving the old year with the best and most promising leads of my life.

Personally

I discovered sweeping, a very fun, cool, productive and time consuming hobby,

I lost my Grandmother whom was one of the most important women to me I have ever known and I imagine that I ever will. Mema, I still love ya, please be watching over me!

I had a smooth year with my wife and family.

Enjoyed a fun Halloween swap.

Gave gladly and freely to the needy including myslelf, and generally had a good time.

So here's to 2007.

DON'T SUCK SO BAD!

And I love ya 2006!

Miki
January 2nd, 2007, 3:23am
What a deep, emotional post about your 2006 experiences. :hugs: I am so sorry about the loss of your grandmother. I lost mine 1 year ago.

Year 2006 for me

*2006 for me was horrible, not because of the lack of wins. It was a horrible time in my life that lingers on now. I hope 2007 is the beginning of a new life, a wonderful year. I will continue working on my journey and will do what I can to make it better.

*I didn't do too well in sweeping however, I plan to continue entering and hope for the best. If anything, I have won by finding this forum. This community of "real" people has been a blessing. I have shared many of my ups, downs, laughs, etc. with them.

*In 2006 I lost my job in May due to the horrible events that took place in my life. I have moved to a new state and will find a new job soon once my kids are back in school (Winter vacation). Maybe this will be a way for me to enjoy a new experience, new field of work.

*In 2006 I completed a couple more child Dev. courses. My GPA dropped because, I had "given up" on my last few assignments (One course and I got a C in the class which I was surprised I even received), I didn't care anymore. I do however, regret it because, I take great pride in my college GPA and will bring it up again. It had dropped down to a 3.25 from a 3.6. I am unable to take courses again until April of 2007. A time to enter a whole new major, a new experience.

*I cannot say that 2006 was all bad, there had been some great moments. I will hold onto those memories and remember them dearly while bringing them into the new year.

**Here's to 2007, please be a better and wonderful year for all of us!**

yadgirl
January 2nd, 2007, 3:38am
My year started off with my waking up one morning, unable to move my left arm arm or leg. I ended up going to the hospital - turns out I had had a stroke. So, I had brain surgery, and another stroke, and another brain surgery, was in the hospital for quite a while.

But overall, 2006 was good. I am happy to be home and back to my semi-normal routine.

yad

Miki
January 2nd, 2007, 4:33am
My year started off with my waking up one morning, unable to move my left arm arm or leg. I ended up going to the hospital - turns out I had had a stroke. So, I had brain surgery, and another stroke, and another brain surgery, was in the hospital for quite a while.

But overall, 2006 was good. I am happy to be home and back to my semi-normal routine.

yad
:hugs:

arouet
January 2nd, 2007, 7:41am
yad I had no idea. I'm so glad that things are ok.

abymom
January 2nd, 2007, 8:00am

yad

My goodness!
You have survived and thrived, what a year for you...
positive thoughts going your way that 2007 is the best ever for you...

jofo3511
January 2nd, 2007, 8:07am
My win year was pretty good. I can't really compalin about my personal life. My kids and I are healthy and that's all that matters. :)

meeeee
January 2nd, 2007, 8:09am

Professionally : went back to college full time after being a SAHM for 14 years
start classes at Wayne State University for a degree in Social Work
almost died from the class schedule - but at least I am closer BSW May 07 MSW May 08

Personally
I have a great husband and family how have done their best to help me with the schedule
Ran my youngest from football, soccer, basketball... the list goes on and on tried to get homework and studying in between the running. Books ARE always with me lol.

The sucky part of 2006
My wonderful grandmother passed away the day before mothers day :frown3: Miss her so she was my rock and my support someone who was always in my corner no matter what.
Grandpa had a stroke after she passed to much stress. He is doing better but still declining :frown3:

Here's to a great 2007. Happines and prosperity for my family and my friends here at OLS :gvibes:

epiphany327
January 2nd, 2007, 8:18am
Professionally- I celebrated 15 years in my career and I still love it.

Personally- I lost my mother in March 2006, Hardest thing I ever had to face. The pain is still sometimes more than I can stand.

All in all I would have to say that the past year has been a test of my faith and patience(DS turned 18 and suddenly he thought he was grown) But I look forward to 2007 and being the best nurse,mother,wife and daughter that I can be. :)

blueladythings
January 2nd, 2007, 8:27am

It was a trying year. I lost my sister. The bittersweet of it....I never realized how many friends would be there for me. And it was because of their love and support I am looking forward instead of back.
Hubby had neck surgery to, but he is healing and should make a full recovery.
Didn't win much, but thats okay....2007 is here and I will accept whatever the world has to offer!!!