PDA

View Full Version : I Have To Buy Soda This Week!

SillyLilly
December 31st, 2006, 6:14pm
I can't believe it, the last 2 liter bottle of coke from the Olympics promotion is in the fridge. I looked around for 15 minutes thinking there must be some I stashed somewhere and forgot about. :laugh: Anybody else still working on drinking theirs?

Hope they do something again next year, it saved me over a hundred bucks on groceries. But this time I want them to give a single 12-pack instead of 5 2-liters. Ya out there listening, Coke? It'll save ya money, plus not confuse the grocery checkers.

crazypeach
December 31st, 2006, 7:31pm
Just finished mine at Christmas.
Sure did come in handy

ksmith47
December 31st, 2006, 11:06pm
:laugh: My last bottle is in the fridge too!

jazzyblue21
December 31st, 2006, 11:16pm
and it was gone in a long, long drink!

lifesfun
December 31st, 2006, 11:30pm
I got a lot of coupons and gave some away. Mine were all drank early Sept. That happens when you have teens around.

rocksea_lady
December 31st, 2006, 11:35pm
We have a neighborhood block party for Labor Day and I supplied all the drinks (abotu 30 bottles)! They were all gone by October. I have no idea how many I won... I gave some away, & used the rest.

MNShopper
January 1st, 2007, 12:49am
I gave 50 bottles to the church youth group, 10 bottles to SO's daughter, we drank some and still have some left. That was a great promotion!!! :cheer7:

Nickyle
January 1st, 2007, 1:03am
i got in on that one late but still won a ton and have my own mini mart in the garage still to go, will probably finish late spring, early summer, lol.

Nana*2*4
January 1st, 2007, 1:16am
I thought you were referring to Chocolate Sodas.....not Pop.

Wow you won a lot of bottles...Congratulations

wackydackydoo
January 1st, 2007, 2:29am
We won 105 bottles, and they were gone in about six weeks!

jafarhie
January 1st, 2007, 8:52pm
I won 115 bottles and I gave some coupons away. I don't know how you guys save those two liters because they get kind of flat after a month in my opinion. That's why I only bought five at a time. :)

I sure do hope that one comes back. :cheer7:

SillyLilly
January 1st, 2007, 9:07pm
I won 115 bottles and I gave some coupons away. I don't know how you guys save those two liters because they get kind of flat after a month in my opinion. That's why I only bought five at a time. :)

Yeah, some of the last ones were flat, but over half weren't. And it's not like I "saved" 'em. Had to buy 'em before the coupons expired in August, and been drinkin' like a fool ever since. :laugh:

wackydackydoo
January 1st, 2007, 10:31pm

They shouldn't go flat unless there's a leak. We've had some open bottles in the fridge for longer than that that never went flat (we kept the cap on real tight).

Lawrence86
January 1st, 2007, 11:22pm
mine has been gone for monthes

TrinaWants2Win
January 1st, 2007, 11:56pm
won 155 bottles i think. and it was gone in 2 months! we took some to hawaii with us and gave them out free as tips( and used some there!) and donated some

cgroverla
January 2nd, 2007, 12:03am
I still have tons. Much of what I bought is Minute Maid lemonade, which isn't carbonated so I hope it stays good for a while longer.

robsterclaw
January 2nd, 2007, 12:12am
Air gets into the PET bottles and that's why they go flat. Sometimes the bottles are just a wee bit thicker and they will hold the air out better. Drinks uncarbonated are filled with nitrogen to keep them plump. If kept cold the air takes longer to get through the plastic, so if you still have some keep it cold!

By the way if the plumpness goes out of a noncarbonated drink it doesn't mean it's not good anymore. It still might be good if not too old. Just take a little sip first. lol

Luvs2Win
January 2nd, 2007, 12:20am
I won 125 bottles of Coke and we just used the last one last month.

captain_kirk24
January 2nd, 2007, 12:22am
I won something like 75 bottles, but only about 6 of the coupons actually came, so only received 30 bottles. Oh well, still helped out with birthday parties and what not over the summer and fall.

Miki
January 2nd, 2007, 1:45am
I never got any of my coupons I had won :frown3:

RandomHelena
January 2nd, 2007, 1:54am
:gvibes: All GONE :gvibes: