PDA

View Full Version : Sharing an IP address entry question

Alexandrea
December 31st, 2006, 5:25pm
I am not sure if this is quite the right place to put this.

My husband and I are on cable broadband and we share an ip address through our router (I think, I try not to understand my computer TOO much).
When the rules say one entry per household only I enter a sweepstakes, but when they are one entry per person and a good one, i have him enter too.
Fecently I have come across sweeps that when he tried to enter said "you have already entered" - these were one per person/per day sweeps that I had already entered myself for on my computer.

My worry is that I am getting DQ'd from sweeps without knowing it because we share an IP address. I have had maybe 5 or 6 sweeps TELL my husband "hey you've entered" to let us know that they consider two people & computers the same as one if you share an IP address but I am wondering how many dont tell me and delete my entry.
Just looking for any insight or advice about this, thanks!

BlueIrishEyes
December 31st, 2006, 7:46pm
As long as the rules says one per person or email address, you should be fine. You may have to clear your cookies to enable a second person to enter. If it states "one per household" you could be dq'd even if he enters from a different computer.