PDA

View Full Version : How do you Alert a MOD

kbruson
December 29th, 2006, 10:37pm
I just found this "contest" listed as new... but I think it's a RAFFLE. You have to pay $1.00 each in order to win?

How do I alert a MOD to see if this needs to be deleted or moved?

Starts 1/20 | Win a $80.00 3 foot long Authentic Indian DreamCatcher of your choice

unlimited per person | home page winners list | 2 notes rating link

I have had my web site selling Authentic Native American DreamCatchers now for 12 years and never had one return. They are one-of-a-kind. You must go to my web site and look thru all 30+ different ones. I am offering for the New Year...
One Free Indian DreamCatcher of your choice (up to $80.00) by entering my sweepstakes.
I was Featured Artist in the Native American magazine called "WAR CRY".
Send $1.00 entry fee with your name, address and city, state & zip (if you have a email, send that too) to me at the address on the web site. www.dakotadreams.com
You can enter as many times as you want. It starts Jan. 1, 2007 to Jan. 20, 2007. The winners names will be posted on jan. 21, 2007 on my web site. there can be a winner for my 3 foot dreamcatcher, 1 winner for the medium single dreamcatcher, 1 winner for the small dreamcatcher. (Makes Checks payable to me : Dianna Rotttner, 3010 Admiral ave., San Diego, CA. 92123-3104 .) you can pay the entry fee thru paypal.com too, using my email (cam1gen@sbcglobal.net) to pay your fee of $1.00 (unlimited enties) Thank you. Blackfoot Indian

Comments: I also sell on ebay..my user name is: Dakotawolf38. I have been with ebay since this started.
There will be Three winners.

gottalotagals
December 29th, 2006, 10:41pm
I just found this "contest" listed as new... but I think it's a RAFFLE. You have to pay $1.00 each in order to win?

How do I alert a MOD to see if this needs to be deleted or moved?

Starts 1/20 | Win a $80.00 3 foot long Authentic Indian DreamCatcher of your choice

unlimited per person | home page winners list | 2 notes rating link

I have had my web site selling Authentic Native American DreamCatchers now for 12 years and never had one return. They are one-of-a-kind. You must go to my web site and look thru all 30+ different ones. I am offering for the New Year...
One Free Indian DreamCatcher of your choice (up to $80.00) by entering my sweepstakes.
I was Featured Artist in the Native American magazine called "WAR CRY".
Send $1.00 entry fee with your name, address and city, state & zip (if you have a email, send that too) to me at the address on the web site. www.dakotadreams.com
You can enter as many times as you want. It starts Jan. 1, 2007 to Jan. 20, 2007. The winners names will be posted on jan. 21, 2007 on my web site. there can be a winner for my 3 foot dreamcatcher, 1 winner for the medium single dreamcatcher, 1 winner for the small dreamcatcher. (Makes Checks payable to me : Dianna Rotttner, 3010 Admiral ave., San Diego, CA. 92123-3104 .) you can pay the entry fee thru paypal.com too, using my email (cam1gen@sbcglobal.net) to pay your fee of $1.00 (unlimited enties) Thank you. Blackfoot Indian

Comments: I also sell on ebay..my user name is: Dakotawolf38. I have been with ebay since this started.
There will be Three winners.

I just saw this too and I don't think that's right. Don't know how to report it though. :frown3:

KAnthony25
December 29th, 2006, 10:45pm
To the right hand side of the actual title link, there is a little link that says "Report". Please click on this and it will send a notification to the mods. :)

mrssquigg
December 29th, 2006, 10:45pm
PM one.

Styflan
December 29th, 2006, 10:46pm
They took care of it already. They made it hidden and unclickable. Good work. :gvibes:

kbruson
December 29th, 2006, 10:47pm
I couldn't find a report link, but I'll try again. I don't know the MOD's names either... sorry

I just went to look for it, someone deleted it already! THANKS for the Help!! :jump:

rocksea_lady
December 29th, 2006, 10:52pm
If you go to the forums and look at the members online the mods' names are in black and bold. I just went and checked and there are NO mods online!!

Let's PARTY!!! LOL

Time to post drunk!

luvscats36
December 29th, 2006, 10:53pm
isn't it illegal to charge a fee for a sweepstakes?

mrssquigg
December 29th, 2006, 10:59pm
If you go to the forums and look at the members online the mods' names are in black and bold. I just went and checked and there are NO mods online!!

Let's PARTY!!! LOL

Time to post drunk!

:cheer4: Beer anyone???

mcclave
December 29th, 2006, 11:16pm
This is all my fault! I found it and told a fellow olser about it since they are trying to post thee most sweeps. It was my understanding that they were going to ask permission before posting it! Anyway I thought it was rather odd too but had no idea it was illegal!

mcclave
December 30th, 2006, 9:57am
I just found out that it wasn't an OLSer that posted it so it must have been Dianne from the company. I told her about OLS. I'm sure she didn't know she was doing anything wrong, like I said this is all my fault. :gvibes:

KathyG_NC
December 30th, 2006, 10:26am
I've noticed too that some of the sweeps no longer have the report link - not sure why... :sherlock: But what I do in those cases, I copy the link for the contest and then at the bottom of every page - there is a contact link - I use it and paste in the contest link and report it that way.

Lpwilmer
December 30th, 2006, 5:07pm
and posted in Notes that, while I didn't want to offend anyone I couldn't understand how someone could ask for a monetary "entry fee", and then say there would be "3 winners", the most expensive item was worth $80. In essence anyone/everyone who signed up would actually be paying for the 3 winners to win. To me that spells out lottery, not contest/sweep.:confused:

At any rate, I tried looking for it today, and couldn't find it. Was curious to see if I got flamed, or if I was somehow missing something on this one. :sherlock:

I have a dreamcatcher (always think of Stephen King, lol) and it's absolutely beautiful, wouldn't do without it. I got it in Albuquerque during the October International Balloon Festival (my friend lives there).

Kringer
December 30th, 2006, 5:39pm
Listing of OLS Moderators and Editors ~ We do not always show up as being on-line, sometimes we are in invisible mode~

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showgroups.php?