PDA

View Full Version : to those who opt in

qcjoe
December 29th, 2006, 5:33pm
if you opt in when entering sweeps, do you ever receive any samples or coupons or things of that nature?

dopey
December 29th, 2006, 6:45pm
I opted in for a pontiac sweep and then they had a contest where the first 4000 to reply to an email got 365 music downloads worth $365. I don't think a lot of OLS'ers opted in because only a few have posted about getting the downloads.

I usually opt in for major sponsors because they don't tend to send a lot of emails and if you opt out later, they tend to honor it.

Kringer
December 29th, 2006, 7:25pm
It depends on the sponsor whether I agree to or not, I agree to accept offers if it is a major sponsor. I agree w/poco.. and I also rec'd the download offer :cheer7: Have also seen alot of posts in freebies and sweeps that have not been validated due to rules that state "only are vaild for email recipients."

ksmith47
December 29th, 2006, 10:15pm
Yup - I opt in for a lot of them. Usually the only time I see an increase in my email is before Christmas, everyone is trying to sell me something then! :laugh:

I'm gotten a lot of samples and stuff. You get a heads up on sweepstakes too.

Like paco said, the best one so far was the Pontiac sweep. 365 downloads! To get this offer, you had to be on their email list, you had to read the email and respond to the offer.

Pepsi will send codes for entry to sweeps.

The best ones to sign up for are the auto manufacturers. Request email and postal mail information. They will send you certificates for $25 or $50 or so just for doing a test drive!

lifesfun
December 29th, 2006, 10:31pm
I've been opting in to almost all sweeps, thinking that maybe it increases the odds of winning, but I'm getting so many darn emails it's redicules. I just can't keep up with them at all. :worry:

I do get some samples here and there but I don't know if it's worth it to put up with the scads of email. Lately I've been making sure I opt out unless necessary for entering.