PDA

View Full Version : Good news for anyone interested in Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Essay Contest!

annulla
December 29th, 2006, 11:05am
The Web site for this sweep says "The Take The Challenge™ Essay Contest has already ended. http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/sweeps/97340/

However, I contacted Finish Rich Media and they agreed to continue accepting entries until Dec. 31, 12:00 noon.

E-mail your entry to customerservice@finishrich.com. If you don't receive an acknowledgement, call them! Their phone # is: (212) 941-4300

JoyfulNois
December 29th, 2006, 12:01pm
Thanks, annulla! I appreciate your efforts on our behalf - otherwise I couldn't have entered, since they shut it down so early.

jabetx
December 29th, 2006, 12:34pm
Thank you annulla :gvibes:

lifesfun
December 29th, 2006, 12:47pm
I don't see anywhere where it says it's been shut down.

Trix
December 29th, 2006, 12:53pm
I don't see anywhere where it says it's been shut down.
The Take The Challenge™ Essay Contest ended on December 31st, 2006 at 12 Noon Eastern Time.

More than 13,000 consumers have shared their extraordinary stories. The judges are evaluating final results and selecting the winner of the grand prize!
Despite the date there, all the wording indicates it's done. But isn't, as annulla clarified :)

tamiwami
December 29th, 2006, 1:03pm
13,000 entries. I did enter but I am sure mine isn't even being considered. How depressing. That's A LOT of people. :worry:

lifesfun
December 29th, 2006, 1:06pm
I just entered my essay through the website, no problem.

Got this message afterwards:

Take The Challenge™ Essay Contest
Thank you for your submission to the Take The Challenge Essay Contest. This is a courtesy notice to confirm your contest entry was submitted for consideration on Friday, December 29, 2006 at 11:52:30 AM. Please note that all entries are final and cannot be edited, deleted or changed.
For additional information on the Great American Homeowner Challenge, return to http://www.finishrich.com/partners/win250.php.
Your essay submission number is XXXXXXXX.
The judges thank you for your submission and look forward to reviewing your essay.

shiloh19
December 29th, 2006, 3:56pm
Your contact must have made for changes. The site is accepting submissions and will provide an essay submission number as confirmation. GLTA

lifesfun
December 29th, 2006, 4:01pm
Your contact must have made for changes. The site is accepting submissions and will provide an essay submission number as confirmation. GLTA

Yes, thanks annulla. :gvibes:

I hope an OLSer wins this.

irishlass226
December 30th, 2006, 12:22am
I got the contest had ended page yet when I clicked on the rules and confirmed them, the entry form came up.

I got a submission number.

Good Luck to all. 1 in about 15,000 for a chance of a life time, not too bad.

slgraycols
December 30th, 2006, 11:03pm
I also add my thanks to you Annulla for uncovering this mystery :sherlock:
When I saw it had ended early, I was a little :confused: and I almost wanted to :cry: I was sure that I wouldn't get an email response from them (and as of today I still haven't) When I found out they were still accepting submissions through email, I wanted to :sing: and :dance:
Okay I got a little carried away here, reliving kindergarten, sorry I'm acting so darned :goofy3:
Thank you again, you made me feel better!

annulla
January 3rd, 2007, 3:58pm

Cool! I didn't enter this one myself, but I'm glad that everyone else was able to get in. :)

JayFaith
March 29th, 2007, 8:45pm
Has anyone heard anything on this one yet?

BiloxiNative
April 1st, 2007, 9:45pm
Has anyone heard anything on this one yet?
It's on the Wells Fargo website - I just found it (looks like it was just posted a day or two ago).

You can even read the winning essay there:

https://www.wellsfargo.com/press/20070330_EssayWinner

JayFaith
April 4th, 2007, 6:43pm
Thanks, Biloxi!

slgraycols
April 12th, 2007, 12:52am
:drip: Not crapping on his essay as it is organized, logical and relevant to the topic, and obviously he's struggled like everyone else, but I guess I don't see how that essay is very creative, unique or poignant. I had hoped to read a winning essay that actually gave me a little thrill or made me at least remember it past the minute or so it took me to read it, or one that actually made me want to come back and reread it, at least save it to my computer, like a beautiful poem or powerful essay. And I know this wasn't Home Makeover but I'm just a little frustrated that the man already owns about 5 or so houses, I'm sure there were many beautiful entries where the entrant didn't even own a home or was trying to pay off their first home. I guess their idea of creative, poignant writing really differs from mine.