PDA

View Full Version : POLL: What Are Your Chances?

toydiva65
December 28th, 2006, 8:03pm
I have always wondered what my chances are when I enter for certain things. I know not EVERYONE enters for EVERYTHING. So I thought I would do this poll so we could all take a peek and see the percentages of people who enter for certain prizes! :gvibes:

Vote for as many as you like! Also, if I've failed to mention something you DO enter for (like books, sporting goods, etc) post it! :gvibes:

secular
December 28th, 2006, 8:18pm
I'd say I enter for everything on the poll but not all contests if that makes sense. :gvibes:

annulla
December 28th, 2006, 8:25pm
I mostly try for cash, gift cards, electronics & big appliances (my fridge is DYING!), but I also enter for stuff I don't particularly want if I think I can sell the item.

I skip a lot of sweeps because I think the prize would be a hassle to deal with. I do enter for lots trips because I haven't had a real vacation in years and would LOVE to fly away .... but I haven't yet won anything. :) :jet:

I NEVER (knowingly) enter for:

- Trips that don't include transportation

- NASCAR trips or stuff (No interest)

- Vehicles - cars, trucks, motorcycles (No place to park one, can't afford to keep one)

- Sports-related trips (vacation to football game, etc.)

- Family vacation/reunion-type stuff (Trip for 20? Eeeek, no thanks!)

- Movie/Music sweeps where the prize is something like a screening or concert for 50 people.

- Amusement park trips & rides

- Outdoor living sweeps - barbeques, patio furniture, pools, decks, siding, etc. (I don't have an outdoors!)

- Sweeps where someone will come to your house and cook a dinner/throw a party. Yuck.

- Things like race driving lessons/flying lessons

- Cruises (No interest)

- Little kid toys (No little kids here, no friends with little kids)

- Sweeps where the prize is a *phone call* or *someone's voice on your answering machine*

inspiringmind
December 28th, 2006, 8:25pm
Thought I would get more detailed about what I enter:

Cash Prizes - I enter all of them

Cars (Or other transportation..RV, Motorcycle) - Enter very few, I woudln't be able to afford the taxes!! Usually I enter them if they have other prizes besides the vehicle.

Trips - Only enter ones if it is for a family of four...sometimes I will enter for two if it is REALLY good and inside US.

Major Household Appliances - I rent so it is kinda pointless...oh only for a washer and dryer.

Home makeovers/renovations - Rent so don't enter.

Children's Toys - Enter them all

Gaming (consoles, games and accessories) - Enter them all

Other Electronics (televisions, cameras, dvd etc) - Enter them all

DVD's and CDs - Enter them all

Arts & Crafts - Enter them all

Of course when I say enter them all I enter the ones I qualify for.

meeeee
December 28th, 2006, 8:28pm
games for the 12 year old

I want a car, cash, appliances....

I really can't take any trips I am in school full time and I think they would say tough luck if I wanted a few weeks off :laugh:

venus_de_milo
December 28th, 2006, 8:29pm
I enter everything you listed except trips. And I'll enter when the trip is the grand prize but there are other prizes offered, I just don't enter when the trip is the only prize.

prplrush
December 28th, 2006, 8:30pm
I enter everything but trips, also a lot of times i dont enter the ones that require essays.....gotta work for those !! lol j/k i just know that half the time i cant come up with anything decent to write about lol :frown3: :laugh:

annulla
December 28th, 2006, 8:42pm
Everything listed except arts and crafts. I don't do those and neither does anyone I know. Except a couple sweeps for yarn as my DIL knits

I'm not sure how arts & crafts is defined, but I figure that "arts" includes photography & music, and I do enter those, especially since 3 kids in the family are taking music lessons. :)

sheila10253
December 28th, 2006, 9:09pm
I rarely enter for trips(do enter for trips with no trans to the SC coast) beacuse DH is self employed and rarley takes time off,plus I HATE flying.love cruises and only want to travel in the USA,Canada, mexico,Bahamas etc. Never enter for trips to Europe,Paris, Italy unless they are also giving electronics as a second prize or a cash option.My washer,dryer,fridge and dishwasher will all have to be replaced in the next couple of years.DHs truck is 9 yrs old and my car is 10yrs old(DD spent 4 yrs in college,2 yrs in grad school and then we had a wedding,major bucks) So any win is gravy to us!!!

toydiva65
December 29th, 2006, 9:50am
That's why I posted this! :gvibes: I was curious about those who say, lived in apartments or rented an appliances furnished home....those who don't enter for children's toys b/c of not having kids/grandkids/neices/nephews......those who are concerned about taxes and whatnot.

I suppose I always "mentally weigh my chances" when I enter something so I don't get my hopes up, like I did when I first started sweeping! Thanks everyone! Please, continue! :gvibes:

gottalotagals
December 29th, 2006, 10:00am
Cash Prizes - I try to enter all of them unless it's a real small amount and it's a long daily

Cars- I enter for every single one of them. I know I can sell the car and be able to make a profit and taxes so I always enter these.

Trips - I only enter the ones where I can take my family of six, which means I enter very little of these.

Major Household Appliances - I rent, but I still enter these. I hope to buy our own home before long.

Home makeovers/renovations - I never enter these being that I rent.

Children's Toys - Enter them all, but if they are a daily then only every few days.

Gaming- Enter them all, but if they are a daily most likely not every day.

Other Electronics - I enter most of these.

DVD's and CDs - Only the ones I really want and most often it's just the 1x ones or something I want really bad.

Arts & Crafts - I enter for only the ones I really want. I enter for all sewing machines though. I need one really bad. :)

SeaofSapphires
December 29th, 2006, 10:12am
:sherlock: Wow, I just had a AHA moment. You know how it says "This is a public
poll, others can see your answers." Well, I've seen that lots of times and
I always thought it was wrong. I couldn't find anyone's answers before so
I never worried about it.

Hey guess what I figured out, you click on the little numbers voted
and you can see who voted for what.

I'm a little slooooooow sometimes! :sleep:

Hmmmm, I wonder if I ever answered toooooo truthfully on some other polls.

Good thing it didn't ask if I enter for items that let's say are to be used alone! :blush:

Hygeia
December 29th, 2006, 10:15am
I have wondered about this exact thing. Recently, I have entered two different sweepstakes to win a tennis racquet since I am taking tennis lessons next month and I wondered if my chances are a little better since not everybody would want this particular prize.

My entering habits are usually:

Cash: I enter all of these that apply to me

Cars: I enter all of these that apply to me

Trips: I enter the ones that appeal to me that I qualify for. I don't usually enter for the family trips and I don't usually enter ones that don't include transportation. I also don't usually enter for trips to sporting events.

Kids Items: I hardly ever enter these unless it's for a prize that I know a friend or family member would really enjoy.

DVDs: I enter for the titles that I am interested in.

Other Electronics: I enter for the items that I am interested in only.

italiankitty99
December 29th, 2006, 10:36am
Moola of course! :laugh:

Electronics(I still haven't won that elusive i-pod)

DVD'S

tamiwami
December 29th, 2006, 10:46am
Cars.

Money (all amounts, doesn't matter how big or small).

SOME trips (only to places I want to go such as Hawaii or out of the country).

All types of gaming systems for my kids (WII's, PSP's, etc...).

Big screen TV's and other cool electronics.

Diamonds and/or nice jewelry.

ANYTHING that has to do with NASCAR or Skateboarding.

Pretty much any big ticket item such as a house/land or whatever comes up.

What I don't enter for is:

DVD's/Books and stuff like that.

Anything under $20 as a grand prize.

Trips to most states (I do want to go to Los Angeles, New York and Florida though).

Clothes.

Baby stuff.

Tools (unless they are hand held ones).

abymom
December 29th, 2006, 11:00am
:sherlock: Wow, I just had a AHA moment. You know how it says "This is a public
poll, others can see your answers." Well, I've seen that lots of times and
I always thought it was wrong. I couldn't find anyone's answers before so
I never worried about it.

Hey guess what I figured out, you click on the little numbers voted
and you can see who voted for what.

I'm a little slooooooow sometimes! :sleep:

Hmmmm, I wonder if I ever answered toooooo truthfully on some other polls.

Good thing it didn't ask if I enter for items that let's say are to be used alone! :blush:

too funny, I had no idea of that either...clicked on it, and alphabetically I come up first, LOL!!

Right now I am only entering for local trips in the U.S. as we are adopting this year, and don't have the time off to go far...

I enter for any family oriented prizes, cash, car sweeps (but not trucks or pimp my ride stuff), home improvement, I would LOVE a cook to come to my house, so love those...
electronics, movies etc.

Having said all that I do more and more 1x and am very picky on what I enter daily for...

fastfreddie1959
December 29th, 2006, 11:15am
Trips-Unless daytona beach.

Family vacations.

Children's Toys.

Amusement park trips.

Arts & Crafts.

Clothes.

Babys stuff.

Anything to do with ladies stuff-like perfumes/spas/or the like.

Maprinces3
December 29th, 2006, 11:22am
Does all of the above count?

nvtribefan
December 29th, 2006, 11:36am
Who are the 5% who DON'T enter for cash, and why???

harley1
December 29th, 2006, 11:41am
I enter for cash!
Trips if it's to somewhere I would like to go and includes transportation.
DVD/CD's if it's a title I want.
No arts and crafts.
Yes to electronics/cameras/etc.
Yes to cars...mine is 10 years old!
No to appliances unless it involves other prizes.

bigskwinner
December 29th, 2006, 3:19pm
Cash Prizes yes - I like cash....
Cars (Or other transportation..RV, Motorcycle) I have a drivers liscence lol and my station wagon is old and i'd take anything i won , even those electric cars (i'm entering two contests for that right now)
Trips as long as most of it is paid for...air/hotel although i'm not into a 4 day trip to somewhere in europe etc...but a trip to the U.S. yeah i could swing that lol
Major Household Appliances I could use a new washer/dryer (mines 13yrs old) and a dishwasher (i have none)
Home makeovers/renovations yes my house is tiny and we could use an add on or a garage would be nice
Children's Toys for ages 11 and 13..mostly gaming stuff as we have more then one console and have no new stuff.)
Gaming (consoles, games and accessories) yep, but i consider this a childs toy lol
Other Electronics (televisions, cameras, dvd etc) can enver have too many electronics
DVD's and CDs not cds unless its by someone i like but dvds..i can never get enough
Arts & Crafts nope

pharaoh
December 29th, 2006, 3:36pm
SLIM TO NONE

THE NEW 2007 PHARAOH

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/barbieron/WOLF1.gif

Miki
December 29th, 2006, 5:01pm
Well, thing is there are certain things in each of your lists that I enter for so I checked all but, the homeowners one.

toydiva65
December 29th, 2006, 8:25pm
This is EXACTLY what I wanted to learn from this thread! Now I see that there aren't as many who enter for children's toys when I enter for my daughter.....the same with home improvement things. I always wondered! :gvibes:

I wish I could have included more like cosmetics and girley stuff, clothing etc....but would only allow 10 questions. I probably could have left cash off of there...that's pretty much a given. huh? :laugh: