PDA

View Full Version : Missed A Call..Twice! I feel sick...

SonyaD81
December 28th, 2006, 4:16pm
Well I missed a call twice today from an unknown number. I started entering my cell as my sweeps number as I "usually" have that phone with me at all times.

Never in all the years I've had this phone have I ever had an unknown number call it.

I KNOW it had to have been a win. Just a gut feeling.

They called twice, about an hour apart. I waited, and prayed for a third call to come. It's been over an hour since I missed the 2nd call. No third call yet :(

My phone was in the other room on charge. Hubby heard it ringing when they called the 2nd time, and he answered but it was too late they had hung up.

This is the pits. I'm not sure if I want to cry or toss my cookies.

AnahsSkcor
December 28th, 2006, 4:19pm
I had 2 unknown calls today also,
I answered the second one and it was some company telling me i won something big... yada yada yada they didn't even have my last name asked me for it lol but it was for time share or something hope this was the same thing for you and you didn't miss out on anything

SonyaD81
December 28th, 2006, 4:22pm
Oh I hope so!! That is what I keep trying to tell myself. "Oh it was just a solicitation no biggie" lol.

I guess I will never know.

captain_kirk24
December 28th, 2006, 4:24pm
In the past few days I have received several calls from an unknown number. Each turned out to be some charity (sherrifs, veterans, firefighters, etc) soliciting donations. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

IndyWinner
December 28th, 2006, 4:26pm
Don't let it bother you. Chances are overwhelming that it was not a win. If it was, they will either call back or send you something in the mail (or if it was one of the VERY rare sweeps where you have to answer on the first try, it's too late to worry about it anyway.) Just keep entering! Good luck. :gvibes:

tiffginn21
December 28th, 2006, 4:33pm
I had an unknown today..answered it and it was Racsal scooter company trying to sell me a scooter......:rolleyes:

whataguy
December 28th, 2006, 5:07pm
in Christmas season but no one on the line when we answered. We got several such calls A DAY and no one ever on the line. We tried a couple times calling the 1-800 numbers back and got busy signals.
Anyone else get these calls?

birdpix
December 28th, 2006, 6:21pm
in Christmas season but no one on the line when we answered. We got several such calls A DAY and no one ever on the line. We tried a couple times calling the 1-800 numbers back and got busy signals.

They are likely automated "predictive dialers" that call your number at various times of the day to get a pattern on when someone is actually there, and then that number and time gets passed to the real telemarketers... I always thought the automated calls/recorded calls were illegal, but we get many every week and several recordings from the )*&^%&(*% satellite tv companies... "Hi this is tonya and I have a GREAT deal on direct TV to tell you all about..." arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

vtoodler
December 28th, 2006, 6:23pm
Next time this happens, press *69 to call the number back.

KChele
December 28th, 2006, 7:58pm
I've been getting those all day and every time I answer, there's nobody there.

SonyaD81
December 28th, 2006, 7:59pm
They called back, and I answered. Was someone wanting DH. I asked if I could take a message, and they told me no thanks.

*phew* I can breathe now lol. I wish I could have asked them to take us off their list, but they hung up after I asked if I could take a message. The last thing I want is solicitaions via the cell phone. Get enough of those on the home phone.

whataguy
December 28th, 2006, 8:02pm

Does the phone company charge for a *69 call?

SonyaD81
December 28th, 2006, 8:08pm
I actually did try *69 I guess it doesn't work on cell phones, or it didn't for mine. I got a message saying that the call could not be completed as dialed.

nan20052
December 28th, 2006, 8:11pm
buckmasters is calling everyone right now. it shows up as an 800 #.

BentonWesley
December 28th, 2006, 9:17pm

I had 2 today. Both were from organizations looking for monetary donations.

BentonWesley
December 28th, 2006, 9:19pm

If a number comes up as 'unknown', *69 won't work