PDA

View Full Version : Snail Mail VS Online Sweeping

sweepergirl70
December 28th, 2006, 2:00pm
Hi,
Just wondering how many people had luck with one or both. I have have 2 trip prizes with snail mail and a digital camera with online. They were my big ones, not including the hats, shirts, dvd's etc.
Just wondering what other sweepers thought.
Thanks!

time2travel
December 28th, 2006, 2:05pm
I have had fairly equal luck with snails and online. My recent online wins were 2 airline tickets, a digital camera and Photoshop software (plus a bunch of coupons for Coke, iced tea, candy, etc.). I don't do as many snails lately, but I won several nice trips doing snails in the past. For sure, it's a lot easier entering online, but I don't know how the odds compare.

Jessica25
December 28th, 2006, 2:20pm
I do excellent online, but quite poorly with the snails. I am not giving up on them though!

Bassoon2
December 28th, 2006, 5:45pm
havent done snails ina long time!

trendmaven
December 28th, 2006, 5:52pm
My biggest win has been from a snail that was posted here! :supstar:

inspiringmind
December 28th, 2006, 6:36pm
I don't do snail sweeps. I guess I figure that I spend enough on my cable internet and so online sweeps are justified, but if I wanted to do snail sweeps I would have to spend a lot of time filling out 3 x 5 cards, putting stamps on envelopes and addressing them. Even if I used my printer for printing out the envelopes I would have to spend more money to do it. So, I am sticking to online sweeps.

SonyaD81
December 28th, 2006, 6:47pm
I don't do snails either. I'm a bit on the lazy side when it comes to writing. I don't even send Christmas cards because of all the time it takes signing cards, and writing out the envelopes lol.

Jinxed One
December 28th, 2006, 6:47pm
i win alot from the snail mails, especially the local ones. my biggest was from a snail/a trip voucher*playa del carmen* trip im taking soon. i think its better odds with snail mail, most ppl dont have the patience to do it, buying stamps, different sized paper, envies, and if you have the extra getting a snail subscription. i like doing it so it doesnt bother me much. i never use decorated envies, no bells and whistles. i have won every time using business sized plain white envelopes and thats what i stick with. i havent been entering online sweeps lately occasionally i do win from it. but most of my wins have been from snail mail.

buck1938
December 28th, 2006, 6:52pm
I used to do a lot of snails and did quite well but when the price of postage kept rising it was time to quit. I used to send hundreds of entries on a gien sweep if it was a good one and with postage at this price that would be "stupid"

Doug