PDA

View Full Version : Share Your Best Sweeps Secret?

Lisa Schulte
December 28th, 2006, 1:46pm
Are you willing to share a secret as to entering and winning online and offline sweepstakes and contests? I thought it might be interesting to see what we can learn. I realize enter lots, I just meant things like color the envelopes (if offline), etc.

Thanks,
Lisa

angelia06
December 28th, 2006, 1:52pm
I'm sure willing to learn, this year (2006) has been a very bad year for me. Please post some hints. :halo:

LuckyDucks
December 28th, 2006, 1:55pm
im wantin to know myself!!! :sherlock:

buyoregon
December 28th, 2006, 1:58pm
Most people would probably answer, "keep on entering".

djr58
December 28th, 2006, 2:02pm
I enter consistently for the things I want to win.

It also takes a lot of dedication and patience :)

Last night I won a Nintendo Wii after trying about 35 to 40 codes. I was happy and also very proud because I didn't give up!

You'll most likely get lots of other good advice from seasoned OLSers here.

Good luck to you :gvibes:

sweepnut
December 28th, 2006, 2:06pm
I don't know that there is a secret to winning. But then again, it appears I don't have a secret b/c I just can't win.

It really looks like I have been blacklisted!! :laugh: But I really do wonder sometimes!

snowbabyboo
December 28th, 2006, 2:07pm
It's not really a secret, if I tell everyone :nana:

Fins2thrite
December 28th, 2006, 2:07pm
I enter my dailies faithfully. And also, be sure to check the expiring sweeps. I go through the ones that are expiring for that day to be sure I have at least one entry in the ones I would like to win. Overall, it just seems to be the luck of the draw...I mean I have won some great prizes where there were only like 10 winners and then on some sweeps where there are like 1000 prizes, I win NADA!!! So the secret does just to be enter lots of sweeps.

SeaofSapphires
December 28th, 2006, 2:24pm
I have consistently won since I joined a few years ago and I don't spend tons of time entering so here is my advice.
I try to enter the ones that are not the TOP 100 because many people enter
those or at least I try not to focus on those. I also don't focus on instants
because those are so hard to win. I usually only play them once a week.

I only enter those that I'm really interested in so that gives me more time to enter.

I focus a lot more on single entries. If I do try to do the dailies,
I only enter them once or twice unless it's something I REALLY want.

I do a lot of ones that require an essay or sometimes a recipe.
Many of the essays are 100 words or less and are very easy but
most people skip right past them.

I also recently took Brent's advice and entered some local sweeps
and won two days later.

MORAL OF THE STORY...
It's all about the odds and if you are entering something with thousands
of people your odds of winning are low. So look for the offbeat sponors,
the ones that require you to write something, the local sweeps, or the
short entry period ones.

EDIT...I just got an email that I won a $100 Visa Card for something I entered two days ago. It had a short short essay.

216amyc
December 28th, 2006, 2:32pm
I have no secrets, as I am new to this, but I have won twice in a row from a local news station! :)

wackydackydoo
December 28th, 2006, 2:33pm
There's only one thing that works. Enter "A LOT", enter them when your supposed to, and enter them diligently and persistently.

What works for me very well is entering between 700 and 800 daily sweepstakes everyday. In addition to that, I do weekly's, monthy's, and odd entries. We average at least one prize per day.

P.S. I only enter for prizes we could use, want, or need. Some people seem to think that someone entering as many sweepstakes as I do is entering for everything.

jankelley
December 28th, 2006, 2:39pm
My secret--- I don't forget to live! I will devote about an hour a day to this, entering only what I really want to win, and I never enter for low cost things like DVD's etc-- it isn't a good use of your time. A secret that may really help you score on drop box entries-- crinkle them up and then unfold-- if someone draws out of the box it gives them something to hang onto and feels different from the other entries.

I really do believe it's just totally random-- the more you enter, the bigger your chances, but don't let it consume your life! Life is a prize, too!!

Janet
December 28th, 2006, 2:47pm
The secret is to enjoy sweeping as a hobby and "Never Give Up" :gvibes:

wackydackydoo
December 28th, 2006, 2:50pm
Also, "learn" the quickest way to enter sweepstakes so that you can enter as many as you would like. Right now, with just letting Roboform Pro do all the work, it takes about 2 hours and 10 minutes to enter my 700+ daily's.

bigskwinner
December 28th, 2006, 3:17pm
I would say ..enter into contests that are specifically for your area..ie dinner at a local restaurant etc...after all, i'm not gonna enter for a contest for dinner in L.A. if i live in canada !!!

alot of people win radio contests so if you can set your phone to speed dial and the local radio station that hosts contests....

if you can find snail only contests for your area go for that as well (or instore draws...we won an iMAC from one entry!!)

for online i enter 350+ dailies, every day
i also enter alot of single and monthly contests

i enter for most of everything although i usually skip out cds, and posters of people i've never heard of (although if its a band i know of, like the madonna cd i won, then i go for it)
dont let people bash you if you decide to enter contests for things THEY dont like..for instance..there are people here who 'might' belittle you because you want to win books or dvds....i love a dvd win or a book win
its not everyones dream win but i appreciate the big ones and the small ones as well

Full Monte Carlo
December 28th, 2006, 3:28pm
Grow to realize that it is the luck of the draw and some people are just luckier than others. GL everyone

noey718
December 28th, 2006, 3:29pm
stay out of the forums :laugh:

BlueIrishEyes
December 28th, 2006, 3:37pm
I enter the instants faithfully and usually at the same time everyday. It has paid off and I had a ton of instant wins this year. I have about 150 dailies and also enter them every day--just part of my routine.

I am picky about what I put in my dailies though--nothing I won't use and I check dates of trips and for how many people to see if it is one of interest.

Persistance pays off in the long run.

Good luck and happy sweeping!

SweepsCat
December 28th, 2006, 3:46pm
Dont get burnt out on trying to enter hundreds of sweeps every day...enjoy and take a break every now and then..if you dare!

epiphany327
December 28th, 2006, 3:50pm
Persistance Is The Key...It took about 6 months after I joined OLS to get a win, now every little win and not to mention terrific freebies keep me psyched. I enter all my dailies& 1X everyday without fail and the instants. I also scan the expiring sweeps two or three times to make sure I have entered everything that I really like.

And I never enter sweeps for things that I really do not want. Save those for folks who are really interested in them. Like trips and cars..I hardly ever enter those. :)

Luvs2Win
December 28th, 2006, 3:52pm
stay out of the forums :laugh:

Good one, noey!

kbsocial
December 28th, 2006, 3:55pm
Read Brent's tips here (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5224143&postcount=2) - get involved in a local sweeps club and enter local sweeps - attend conventions or mini conventions and don't let sweeping consume you - its a HOBBY - not the end all be all :gvibes: Most of all - HAVE FUN :cheer7:

me1971
December 28th, 2006, 4:05pm
Enter each sweep only once...Sometimes, a sweep only allows one entry, but in the post it sez "daily", "???", or "unlimited"...and if you enter it you can be DQ'ed because it really only allows one entry...Since I have done this, I have seen a lot more wins...Hope this helps...Oh, and it save time.

roxygal525
December 28th, 2006, 4:15pm
....Never give up...

It's as simple as that...
No matter how annoyed you get, or think you're never going to win...do not give up!
It will happen sooner or later!!

Good Luck
:gvibes:

BabyLeaps
December 28th, 2006, 4:17pm
Keep things in perspective. Remember it is a hobby. Do it for fun, not for investment purposes :)

I did a poll months ago about what sort of things people had neglected in favor of sweeping. It was surprising, and I saw myself in a lot of the answers.

wackydackydoo
December 28th, 2006, 4:40pm
Enter each sweep only once...Sometimes, a sweep only allows one entry, but in the post it sez "daily", "???", or "unlimited"...and if you enter it you can be DQ'ed because it really only allows one entry...Since I have done this, I have seen a lot more wins...Hope this helps...Oh, and it save time.

Actually, that's not true. I've noticed there seems to be this fear of being disqualified for accidently entering a sweep more than the allowed amount. In truth, it is very, very, very few sweeps that do that (next to nothing). If there is disqualification for entering more than the allotted amount of times, it must be outlined in the rules. In almost all cases, with those few exceptions, the "extra entries" are just voided out, and you stay entered.

Curr4001
December 28th, 2006, 5:13pm
There have been times when a small detail wasn't in the notes of the OP and when I read the rules I might have been DQ'd. I like to use Sweep and write notes to myself about what the prize is and whether it needs to be typed or if Roboform is ok.