PDA

View Full Version : Online test for Roboform?

BabyLeaps
December 28th, 2006, 12:28pm
Anyone remember the URL for the online test to see if it can tell if you're using Robo?

Thanks--looked and looked and can't find it anywhere...

BabyLeaps
December 29th, 2006, 1:24am
RATS--was hoping someone remembered that one.........

nobimbo
December 29th, 2006, 5:54am
Here ya go! Took me a long time the other day to find it, so I saved it!:

http://wind.prohosting.com/jbr2002/formtest.htm

mrssquigg
December 29th, 2006, 6:06am
It called me a cheater!! :laugh: :laugh: Of course, I filled the form with Robo....

nobimbo
December 29th, 2006, 6:10am
All you have to do is type one letter or even a space and use Robo before or after that and it won't call you a cheater! That's how I enter all the time now.:)

mrssquigg
December 29th, 2006, 8:40am
Do you do that with your sweeps??

nobimbo
December 29th, 2006, 8:51am
Do you do that with your sweeps??

Not sure if you're asking me or asking others in general, but just in case...yes, as posted above, that's how I enter my sweeps now just to be on the safe side. I also tab through all the boxes on the form. Doesn't really take that much time and it eases my mind.

mrssquigg
December 29th, 2006, 9:07am
Not sure if you're asking me or asking others in general, but just in case...yes, as posted above, that's how I enter my sweeps now just to be on the safe side. I also tab through all the boxes on the form. Doesn't really take that much time and it eases my mind.
Yes, I was asking you. I didn't know it made that big of a difference. Hmmm. I wonder if that is/was keeping me from winning more than I have this year. Also, this question has been asked many times and I'm yet to see an answer - how do you block a referrer?? And does it really make that much of a difference? Thanks.....

nobimbo
December 29th, 2006, 9:52am
Yes, I was asking you. I didn't know it made that big of a difference. Hmmm. I wonder if that is/was keeping me from winning more than I have this year. Also, this question has been asked many times and I'm yet to see an answer - how do you block a referrer?? And does it really make that much of a difference? Thanks.....

I have Norton which automatically blocks referrers. I've seen a variety of ways to block referrer (depends on what browser you use) in archive discussions here, but from all the reading I've done about it I decided it really doesn't matter. Here's a couple of threads that may help:

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499483&highlight=block+referrer

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480156&page=1&pp=15&highlight=block+referrer

wackydackydoo
December 29th, 2006, 10:18am
I let Robo do all the work. I don't see any problems with doing that. We average one prize per day--no problems here.

mrssquigg
December 29th, 2006, 11:35am
I was just wondering if it made any difference at all. Thank you for the links. I haven't won anything BIG yet but one of my New Years resolutions is to do my sweeps everyday - even if it just the instants. I won 3 small ones this morning. Still going for my big screen t.v. though! :laugh:

BabyLeaps
January 1st, 2007, 8:48pm
Here ya go! Took me a long time the other day to find it, so I saved it!:

http://wind.prohosting.com/jbr2002/formtest.htm

THANK YOU! From the notes from other people, that sounds like the culprit-- (The server is not working right now, but will definitely try it out later)

wackydackydoo
January 1st, 2007, 10:27pm
THANK YOU! From the notes from other people, that sounds like the culprit-- (The server is not working right now, but will definitely try it out later)

No, Roboform is not the cause, because people who don't use Roboform encounter the same problems; and they usually are corrected and start working again. I'm sure it's almost always a website problem. :gvibes:

redskins moose
January 1st, 2007, 11:06pm
I just won two :jet: :jet: trips in December and I always use Robo except for the Flash forms.
So for me I will continue to use Robo.
Good Luck to all .... Robo users and non-Robo users alike! May your mailbox and inbox be filled with wins!

I was just wondering if it made any difference at all. Thank you for the links. I haven't won anything BIG yet but one of my New Years resolutions is to do my sweeps everyday - even if it just the instants. I won 3 small ones this morning. Still going for my big screen t.v. though! :laugh:

BabyLeaps
January 1st, 2007, 11:53pm
No, Roboform is not the cause, because people who don't use Roboform encounter the same problems; and they usually are corrected and start working again. I'm sure it's almost always a website problem. :gvibes:

Sorry, I wasn't clear on what I said. When I said it was "the culprit", I meant that the link that the poster had found and shared was the link for which I was looking. Was not a statement re: Roboform vs. non-Roboform, or what works or doesn't--just that she'd found what I'd been looking for :)

wackydackydoo
January 2nd, 2007, 12:02am
Sorry, I wasn't clear on what I said. When I said it was "the culprit", I meant that the link that the poster had found and shared was the link for which I was looking. Was not a statement re: Roboform vs. non-Roboform, or what works or doesn't--just that she'd found what I'd been looking for :)

I know it wasn't a Robo vs. Non-Robo topic, but I still don't understand what it is you're trying to find out about Roboform. I haven't encountered any issues with it working with some websites. I'm not following what the topic is all about. :sherlock:

BabyLeaps
January 2nd, 2007, 3:08pm
I know it wasn't a Robo vs. Non-Robo topic, but I still don't understand what it is you're trying to find out about Roboform. I haven't encountered any issues with it working with some websites. I'm not following what the topic is all about. :sherlock:

Good morning :)

I was interested in finding that particular test to learn about what things are "seen" when using Robo and what isn't. Knowledge is power (well, some of the time). ;)

wackydackydoo
January 2nd, 2007, 10:51pm
Good morning :)

I was interested in finding that particular test to learn about what things are "seen" when using Robo and what isn't. Knowledge is power (well, some of the time). ;)

I know the term "form filler" can be all-encompassing, but I still think they are really referring to the automated programs and/or services. I think the best test of all is to see all the OLS members who are using Roboform and who they are winning from. If you use that as a rule of thumb, I believe that you really won't find anyone being disqualified for using Roboform. So, just in my opinion, I don't think there really is enough to worry about if a sponsor can tell whether or not if Roboform is being used. I haven't seen it as being detrimental in entering any sweeps. There just doesn't seem to be anything apparent to worry about it. Just keep Robo'ing away and don't look back!! :cool2: