PDA

View Full Version : Any one else not feeling as much love for the new HGTV home?

blueshield
December 28th, 2006, 10:57am
I've tried to like it, but except for the framing I just don't. I don't like the cramped looking bunk room and the seemingly random touches that take up the limited interior space without adding much. The porches are nice, but I'd say that about almost any porch that wasnt peeling paint and termite ridden boards. It's also in a coooooold location so even though mentally I know i would sell it anyway, it still makes it less appealing.

Maybe it's great for someone wanting a second home for skiiing or something though. Personally, still trying to get that first one before I turn 30 hehe, still got two years. ;) Do they have an established ARV on this one yet?

Oh another positive I noticed was that garage looked spacious.

dopey
December 28th, 2006, 11:11am
I like the mountains more in the summer than I do in the winter. It can be 90 in Denver and 70 in the mountains. Doesn't matter anyway, most people would probably sell it no matter where it's located because they couldn't afford it.

If I could afford it though, I'd probably use it more for a summer home than a winter one to beat the heat. :)

wackydackydoo
December 28th, 2006, 11:47am
I don't like the house either, but I would sell it anyway if I won it. Someone out there would like it and buy it. I prefer a log house with country style.

secular
December 28th, 2006, 12:32pm
I've tried to like it, but except for the framing I just don't. I don't like the cramped looking bunk room and the seemingly random touches that take up the limited interior space without adding much. The porches are nice, but I'd say that about almost any porch that wasnt peeling paint and termite ridden boards. It's also in a coooooold location so even though mentally I know i would sell it anyway, it still makes it less appealing.

Maybe it's great for someone wanting a second home for skiiing or something though. Personally, still trying to get that first one before I turn 30 hehe, still got two years. ;) Do they have an established ARV on this one yet?

Oh another positive I noticed was that garage looked spacious.

I'm feeling the love that this will be my year - to win it and sell it! :laugh:
Dh and I could build our dream home here for 1/4-1/3 of the price of that home!

meeeee
December 28th, 2006, 12:40pm
some here win it and sell it
I like were I live :gvibes:

wackydackydoo
December 28th, 2006, 1:10pm
I'm feeling the love that this will be my year - to win it and sell it! :laugh:
Dh and I could build our dream home here for 1/4-1/3 of the price of that home!

Unfortunately, living out by the Hamptons, that house would cost more out here than the value they are putting on it for that area; but we are planning on getting out of here, so the money from that house would go a long way elsewhere!! :gvibes:

arouet
December 28th, 2006, 4:28pm
I just hope, for the sake of whoever wins it, that it isn't built on leased land this year. Who builds any home, much less one that expensive on land that you don't even own outright. That definitely would make it harder to find a buyer. Anyone with enough money to buy the house, would certainly have a good lawyer to look over the contract. I'm sure that they would try and nix the idea right away.

Siobhan
December 28th, 2006, 4:34pm
Yeah I don't like it much either, at least not compared to the last few years homes...

but whatever, I'd take it and sell it in a heartbeat!

tiffginn21
December 28th, 2006, 4:36pm
I like it ..its better than my current house :jump:

kdkdkd
December 28th, 2006, 4:47pm
It doesn't strike the same note as the house from last year, but I would still love to win it :laugh: The most beautiful and desirable house they ever did in my opinion was the one in Maine, I LOVED that house :love:

steene_c
December 28th, 2006, 11:41pm
Yeah, I feel the same. My favorite was last years. I hate the "plaid bedroom" in this years house. It just does not work for me. I think it's safe to say, 99% of people that try to win that house, just want to sell it, including me. I'd like to know what the ARV of the house is, too. I know the Grand Prize total's ARV is 2.5 million. So, it's safe to say the house is worth over 2 million. I'd sell it for half that. I could buy a nice house here in good ol' IL for less than 100k. :cool2:

MemeGirl
December 29th, 2006, 12:00am
I was so surprised to see someone else saying what I've been thinking. I've been telling my sister that it was pretty on the outside, but there was just something about the inside that didn't thrill me like the houses in past years have... don't know if it is the colors or designs or what.....

pyler
December 29th, 2006, 12:06am
i was shocked at how butt-ugly the interior was, it does not compliment the outside.

twinmommytoo
December 29th, 2006, 12:10am
Whew, I just came back from looking at the virtual tour. Dang that is an ugly house. I'd still like to win it to sell it. I'm glad I'm not alone in not liking the design.

ResourcePress
December 29th, 2006, 12:33am
It'll just make it that much easier for me to sell, since I won't be attached to it.

Ladyxmess
December 29th, 2006, 12:37am
I love the house. It's the same design DH & I have in mind when it comes time to build. I'm not fond of the decor, but the layout is exactly what I want. But, when I win, I will have to sell.

susseess
December 29th, 2006, 12:38am
Is there anyone who wouldn't sell it? If you could afford it your hobby most likely wouldn't be sweepstaking and winning candy bars and itunes, LOL. At least it makes it easier to sell if it's not your dream home.

I think they so outdid themselves last year that it is hard to keep improving it every year.Really hard to outdo that one. It seemed to have no defects except for being on rented land.

Actually, I only took a cursurary (sp?) look as it didn't much appeal. And this seems to attract millions because of their huge advertising budget so you're odds are slim. I think you have a lot better chance at a few really high cash sweeps right now that are less known to the general public thus your odds are better.

As for me, keep the fairy dust flying in this direction as the Florida Fantasy Millionaire is just 4 days away. of course should I dream the impossible and win I don't know how I will give be able to give up this $4,000 mansion I now reside in. NOT!

Miki
December 29th, 2006, 12:44am
Going to go take the tour right now, will let ya know when I am done. I am on dial up though.

Miki
December 29th, 2006, 12:51am
Ok, couldn't take the proper tour because of my dial up but, I LOVE :love: LOVE this house! You might think I am tacky but, this house is perfect and I would give anything to live in something like this. Unfortunately, I would be bawling my eyes out selling this gorgeous home if I won it.

Kohinoor
December 29th, 2006, 12:54am
I actually like it but less than the other houses. The actual structure looks awesome but the decor is not what I would purchase for a home such as this one. Needs more elegance and less of the rustic or country ambiance. Almost embarks on an unfinished look in my opinion. I would LOVE to win it though!

feta
December 29th, 2006, 1:10am
havent seen it yet, any link to it? I'd keep it more than likely but if the upkeep became too great which I imagine it would then I'd sell, I'd at least find out what living in a mansion(for lack of better word) feels like, for awhile.

coordinator911
December 29th, 2006, 1:24am
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dream_home/

i would give you the link to tour but even on a cable connection, it's very slow....i only looked at the downstairs because all i could think was "close those curtains, we're not heating the outside." So i guess that tells you that i could not quite afford it either.
i think i saw ice sicles hanging outside the dinning room window but it may have been shadows LOL Cream and blue for the downstairs do seem a bit bland....i was expecting a lot more of color accents...
the house is striking and the scenery is breath taking....Ah to dream, i'll stick with the dreaming....GLTA

Kohinoor
December 29th, 2006, 1:25am
havent seen it yet, any link to it? I'd keep it more than likely but if the upkeep became too great which I imagine it would then I'd sell, I'd at least find out what living in a mansion(for lack of better word) feels like, for awhile.

Hey feta!! Hows it going? The link is http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dream_home/

Hope you had an awesome Christmas!

feta
December 29th, 2006, 1:37am
Hey feta!! Hows it going? The link is http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dream_home/

Hope you had an awesome Christmas!
Thanks for the link, Christmas was ok, got a new desk light that I needed :grin4:

Jodimae
December 29th, 2006, 1:47am
Don't enter to win lol :laugh:
It is ALL MINE! And the best part is I don't have too far to move!
I LOVE IT! :cheer7:

brushes
December 29th, 2006, 10:38am
I love it! Nicer than anything I own or probably ever will. I would be elated to win it.

Anewgranny
December 30th, 2006, 6:34am
I think it is gorgeous, however, that house directly across the road is nice too! LOL!
Wonder who lives there? And I wonder if their going to enter for the dream house?

carscheles
December 30th, 2006, 6:43am
I like it. It's kind of masculine but I still like it.

I wonder if there's schools around that area or if it's only a vacation home.