PDA

View Full Version : I am prepared for the flamers!!

laticia433
December 28th, 2006, 10:16am
I entered a 1 time only contest and won the only prize the grand prize and I have to turn it down.

The reasoning being.. I entered it thinking the airfare was for 2 people not just for 1 because that is the way it is stated in the post but not in the rules. In the rules it says 1 person's airfare. I was thrilled when I was notified only to be disappointed when I had to say no because I can't afford the airfare on my husbands ticket right now nor in the near future.

So she is going to draw another name and hopefully it will be someone here at Ols.

Good luck all!

gabyzee
December 28th, 2006, 10:23am
So she is going to draw another name and hopefully it will be someone here at Ols.

Then it shouldn't be a problem! Where was the trip to?

laticia433
December 28th, 2006, 10:44am
Then it shouldn't be a problem! Where was the trip to?

San Francisco... which would have been awesome....

I was just thinking people would have been upset that I didn't read the rules before I entered. I never read the rules I go off what the post says. I don't have time to read the rules of every sweep I enter. I have read that some do.

OKgirl
December 28th, 2006, 11:25am
No flaming from me. I'm sorry you couldn't go. Hope you win something just as big in 2007. :smile9:

AnahsSkcor
December 28th, 2006, 11:36am
Bummer, who wants to go by themselves? they should have figured that and made it a 2 person trip oh well girl I'm sure there will be a bigger better one where that came from that includes hubby :gvibes:

annulla
December 28th, 2006, 11:40am
Bummer, who wants to go by themselves?

I'll go! I'll go!

Offer me a free trip and I'll take it in a heartbeat! Especially to SF, one of my favorite cities!

tommy
December 28th, 2006, 11:59am
congrats :cheer7: on your win laticia433 and hopefully another big win will come your way real soon to make up for losing this one :gvibes:

SixCar6
December 28th, 2006, 12:44pm
the prize is yours to do as you please. GLTA !! :cool2:

udalum
December 28th, 2006, 1:20pm
If you took the time to read the rules for every prize you entered, it would probably double the time you spend entering sweepstakes.

Everyone makes mistakes!

ksmith47
December 28th, 2006, 1:23pm
If you took the time to read the rules for every prize you entered, it would probably double the time you spend entering sweepstakes.

Everyone makes mistakes!

Yup - especially for those trips for one and not for two sweeps.

secular
December 28th, 2006, 2:01pm
No flaming - I hope you can win something you can use. :gvibes:
You NEVER know what can happen in life between the time you enter and the time you win.
Are you willing to disclose what sweep?

KChele
December 28th, 2006, 3:25pm
I just don't understand why sponsors give away trips for one. Who wants to go on a trip somewhere by themselves?

gcomstock
December 28th, 2006, 3:44pm
I just don't understand why sponsors give away trips for one. Who wants to go on a trip somewhere by themselves?

Gamers, geeks, gays and teens / 20 somethings: pick a category members of which may not have a significant other, or are likely in pursuit of one.

Globug_47
December 28th, 2006, 4:11pm
Ahhhh girl.... no flaming from me!

I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you. :frown3:

Maybe the next trip, huh?

Good luck to you :gvibes:

noey718
December 28th, 2006, 4:13pm
:mad2: I'm not really flaming you but since you were prepared for the flamers, I thought I would post a flaming face. Hope you have many great wins that you can use.

nettester
December 28th, 2006, 4:14pm
I'd never flame anyone for having to turn down prize. Really, it could happen to anyone. Sorry you couldn't go, I hope you win another soon that includes everything you need!

kbsocial
December 28th, 2006, 4:18pm
I totally woulda gone - hopefully they'll call me:laugh: I have a very dear friend in SF!!

dallan
December 28th, 2006, 4:21pm
Nice win I'm sorry you could't go :(

tiffginn21
December 28th, 2006, 4:23pm
Thats too bad you cant go...that just means a bigger and better prize is on its way for you now :halo:

jazzyblue21
December 28th, 2006, 4:25pm
I've been in your shoes. I won a cruise for one and would have had to pay a ton for my husband. The grand prize was just TOO IRRESISTIBLE!

Have a Happy New Winning Year!

texaslady22
December 28th, 2006, 4:26pm
:gvibes: I still love you!! :gvibes:

meeeee
December 28th, 2006, 4:29pm
there are many people here who have had to turn down a win for one reason or another

Bungy
December 28th, 2006, 4:31pm
I usually trust the post! They are usually explicit in every detail, and I trust the people who post and the mods who work hard to make sure that the posts are correct! I hope that you have a great win coming soon!!! Something that works for your family!

At least you passed on the win, knowing you couldn't quite swing it right now. You are giving the win to another person, passing it on to them. I hope they can enjoy it!

I wish you a great win soon!!! :supstar:

Siobhan
December 28th, 2006, 4:32pm
Gamers, geeks, gays and teens / 20 somethings: pick a category members of which may not have a significant other, or are likely in pursuit of one.

Ha ha! I'm not flaming you, but I LOVE to go on vacation by myself and I don't fit any of the above categories. I'm just a WAY too busy mom who enjoys those rare times I get by myself.

The best vacation I ever had was a trip to Disneyworld where I got to spend the first 3 days there by myself. It was great when the rest of the family arrived too, but I loved being able to just do whatever I wanted to do, and not worry about anyone else's itinerary.

rocksea_lady
December 28th, 2006, 4:33pm
Sorry you couldn't go.... A win will come your way soon!

Bassoon2
December 28th, 2006, 5:43pm
I would still have gone...and called hubby from there. :)

Georgie Girl
December 28th, 2006, 6:26pm
Heck, I don't blame you. I had to decline a trip to Fiji for several reasons; who knew I'd pin the grand prize or that we'd have a new family event scheduled the first half of next year and have to take our vacation time for that.

Spiderella
December 28th, 2006, 6:35pm
That's understandable. I don't think I could go on a trip by myself either.

harley1
December 28th, 2006, 6:46pm
Totally understandable why you had to turn it down. Here's wishing you a super win in the very near future! :magic:

nvtribefan
December 28th, 2006, 6:50pm

None of the above, but I have no problem traveling alone.

To the OP - another win will come along!

Indy
That's too bad that you won't be able to go, but hang in there-the next win is right around the corner! Best of Luck, wishing you another great win....very, very soon! :supstar:

bunnytoes
:gvibes: I still love you!! :gvibes:

You just gotta tell....WHAT IS NIPPLE HELL!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: I almost fell off my chair!!

So sorry you had to turn it down....here's hoping another bigger and better trip is right around the corner!! :gvibes: :gvibes:

laticia433
December 28th, 2006, 6:55pm
You just gotta tell....WHAT IS NIPPLE HELL!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: I almost fell off my chair!!

So sorry you had to turn it down....here's hoping another bigger and better trip is right around the corner!! :gvibes: :gvibes:

Thanks all!

She is breastfeeding I take it....

HelenR
December 28th, 2006, 7:09pm
Any one of us could make that mistake. Like others have said, "who wants to go alone somewhere?' Better luck next win.

tfacey
December 28th, 2006, 9:11pm
Shoooot. San Fran!! Dang... I would have left DH's butt at home!

Miki
December 28th, 2006, 9:17pm
Sorry you won't be keeping it. Congrats anyhow, glad they will be chosing someone else!

sheila10253
December 28th, 2006, 11:00pm
Hope you get an even better win that is usable in the very near future!Dont even know why they would offer a trip prize for 1 and award it to a woman.(Not many women would want to travel alone because it is too dangerous!)

feta
December 28th, 2006, 11:08pm
no need to flame you dear... everyone can do as they choose, sorry u had to turn it down, well maybe another time:)

pamcakes
December 28th, 2006, 11:09pm
sorry you had to turn the prize down! with my luck i'll prob be called and have to turn it down too!
i live about 90 miles away from SF, LOL!

jennem
December 29th, 2006, 8:13am
The point of using a sweeps site like OLS is to cut down on time and share helpful information. If the information shared is wrong (like airfare), it's not your fault!

Jennifer

BEARHUGS65
December 29th, 2006, 8:31am
I am not flaming sometimes things do get past you-iI WON A TRIP FOR ONE TO sSF MANY YEARS AGO TOO AND HUBS TOOK IT- WAS A NICE GETAWAY...so I know which one you are talking about...l.. Ignore those who pm you - I won a wedding months ago valued at big bucks- I enterd for the smaller prizes which were the rings but did not win- had to turn it all down- no family gettng married that I give a crap to pay taxes on for them as a wedding gift and she even asked me if I had any family members who I could transfer it to- nope none that I care to pass it onto- so someone here got the wedding- how do I know the lady called me back and told me the other person wanted to thankme for turning it down and saw it on the board- this is the only board I chat on so someone here is having a awesome wedding this spring...congrats

CharmCity
December 29th, 2006, 8:03pm
I usually trust the post! They are usually explicit in every detail, and I trust the people who post and the mods who work hard to make sure that the posts are correct!
There were few things said by RWReagan with which I agree, but one rings out here: Trust, but Verify.
Carry on..

MisConduckt
December 29th, 2006, 8:19pm
awww...sorry about that...better luck next time :)

laticia433
December 29th, 2006, 8:29pm
Wow! The wonderful lady I have been in contact with said since I can't go that she is going to send me some books as a consolation prize! How wonderful to deal with such a pleasant person!!

I am thrilled because now it feels like I still won!

Thanks so much everyone for you words of encouragment looks like your good wishes to me had an immediate effect!

lex2100
December 29th, 2006, 8:45pm
No flaming from me! But I do find that people are quick to just pick up on a couple posts and NOT READ THE WHOLE THREAD and then start shooting off their mouths. Just have to ignore them. I see they have that good ole 'insert foot in mouth syndrome'. Maybe they are to focused on trying to build up to 300 posts or something. So don't be surprised. It's kind of like that telephone game where what was said at the beginning gets changed around by the time it gets to the end person, because some people just read the last post, and that person reads what he said, and so on and so on....

Even if you did enter it knowing that it only came with one airline ticket, that's completely fine, because you didn't know what position you'd be in the future and if you can't accept it now then you can't accept it. I enter things for three reasons.

One, to ACCEPT it willingly.

Two, to ask if there is a cash substitution.

And THREE, then I'd DECLINE it.

Not everybody knows what they are going to be doing in months to come, and you can't take off work for the whole year in hopes that you are going to win every sweep you entered. So kudos to you. It was your prize, you can do what you want with it. And since it didn't work out, that usually means it's because an even better one is around the corner.

Good Luck!

lifesfun
December 29th, 2006, 8:52pm
I'll go even if I have to go by myself. I need a vacation......BAD.

Well congratulations on the win anyway. It shows that you are a winner. :)

Scooterino
December 29th, 2006, 9:06pm
I think it's kind of assumed that trips are for 2 people, and I know I don't have the time to read every rule to every sweeps I enter, so no biggie. Sorry you can't accept it though :frown3:

KRSchulze
December 29th, 2006, 9:12pm

I think that's weird...a trip for one?

InterplanetJanet
December 29th, 2006, 9:12pm
[QUOTE=SixCar6]the prize is yours to do as you please. GLTA !! :cool2:[/QUOTE
Agreed!

Sorry you had to turn it down but I hope another good one is on the way.

pambanter
December 29th, 2006, 9:17pm
No flaming from me! But I do find that people are quick to just pick up on a couple posts and NOT READ THE WHOLE THREAD and then start shooting off their mouths. Just have to ignore them. I see they have that good ole 'insert foot in mouth syndrome'. Maybe they are to focused on trying to build up to 300 posts or something. So don't be surprised. It's kind of like that telephone game where what was said at the beginning gets changed around by the time it gets to the end person, because some people just read the last post, and that person reads what he said, and so on and so on....

Even if you did enter it knowing that it only came with one airline ticket, that's completely fine, because you didn't know what position you'd be in the future and if you can't accept it now then you can't accept it. I enter things for three reasons.

One, to ACCEPT it willingly.

Two, to ask if there is a cash substitution.

And THREE, then I'd DECLINE it.

Not everybody knows what they are going to be doing in months to come, and you can't take off work for the whole year in hopes that you are going to win every sweep you entered. So kudos to you. It was your prize, you can do what you want with it. And since it didn't work out, that usually means it's because an even better one is around the corner.

Good Luck!

You enter hoping to wrangle the sponsors out of the cash instead? Even when the rules say no cash substitution?

motherogod
December 29th, 2006, 9:35pm
I look at it like tithing... what you give, you get back tenfold. Expect like trips for about 10 people in the next year! One person trip would suck if you are married, but for a swingin' single like me it'd be perfect. I love to travel alone.

prklug
December 29th, 2006, 9:37pm
No flaming from me. I'm sorry you couldn't go. Hope you win something just as big in 2007. :smile9:

sending pixie dust your way for 2007!

jenninshelby
December 29th, 2006, 10:29pm
I think it's kind of assumed that trips are for 2 people, and I know I don't have the time to read every rule to every sweeps I enter, so no biggie. Sorry you can't accept it though :frown3:

I used to do that -figure that most are trips for two.. But seems like lately I am seeing more and more trips for one person.. But usually the person that submits em thankfully does make it clear it is a trip for one.

April1p
December 29th, 2006, 10:41pm
I hate that you couldn't except the prize this time but here is hoping a trip comes your way for TWO :jet: :gvibes:

melanie188
December 29th, 2006, 11:12pm
Isn't there someone you dislike that you could send away on the trip? :frown2: Bye bye, happy new year! I know, you already turned it down, but I would, too. I want company when I travel. Besides, if I go by myself, my family might be gone when I get back with no forwarding address. :laugh: