PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Sweepstakes Fantasy Prize

TheCatLady
December 27th, 2006, 8:32pm
A peek at Gene Simmon's "family jewels"??? HGTV House???? SheHouse???

What is your 2007 sweepstakes fantasy prize??? What sweepstakes prize do you consider to be The Holy Grail???

Inquiring minds want to know.

:sherlock:

TheCatLady
December 28th, 2006, 7:29pm
You mean I've gotta reply to my own thread??? :laugh:

Pepsi Billion Dollar Sweepstakes

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Pepsi Billion Dollar Sweepstakes was a contest, announced by soft drink company Pepsi Cola on April 10 of 2003, beginning on May 1 and ending on September 14, all of the same year. For the contest, Pepsi printed one billion special codes, which could be redeemed either on the Pepsi website or via postal mail, and of which one million were instant cash winners (eg a $20 dollar instant prize). Of all the codes redeemed, which Pepsi estimated to be between two hundred million to three hundred million, one thousand were chosen in a random drawing to appear in a two hour live gameshow-style television special.

On the evening of September 14, the final day of the contest, the WB aired the special, entitled Play For A Billion, and hosted by 29 separate men and women, including such notable personalities as Drew Carey and Tom Bergeron. The special had ten people picked from the audience out of the thousand who won the right to be competing on the special. The host would then offer some cash to the contestants to give them a choice-- take the money and run, or risk it by seeing if they were not the closest to the winning number. The players had to wait 30 seconds for each result. After the rounds were done, the last person left won $1,000,000 and a chance to turn the million into $1,000,000,000, the highest prize on any US game show (counting specials and lottery shows). The winner's six-digit number had to match the number that a chimpanzee selected to win the grand prize. In the 2003 version, Richard Bay of West Virginia claimed the million-dollar guaranteed prize, but did not win the billion (his number was 2-2-8-2-3-8, the winning number was 2-7-8-2-3-8). The next year, Jon K. of Natick, Massachusetts, won a guaranteed million dollars, but like Richard, did not win the billion.

Pepsi, unable to assume the risk of actually losing one billion dollars, had an insurance company owned by Warrren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway, the largest stockholder in cola-rival Coca-Cola, underwrite the contest, reportedly for a seven-figure premium.

[edit]

TheCatLady
December 28th, 2006, 7:34pm
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dream_home/

What Is Dream Home?

You're giving away a what?!

Every year since 1997, Home & Garden Television has built a beautiful, fully-furnished home for the sole purpose of giving it away to one lucky viewer. HGTV's Dream Home Giveaway has come a long way since the first home built in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, with the homes seemingly bigger and more extravagant with each passing year.

:jump:

elb622
December 28th, 2006, 7:38pm
By far the HGTV house sweeps. I've been trying since they started and I want it soooo bad.

Susan
December 28th, 2006, 7:39pm
I've won some wonderful things, but would LOVE to win a cash prize of over $5,000 in 2007. I was laid off recently and my new job, great as it is, doesn't pay what my previous one did. Sooooooooo - a big cash win would give us some fun money!

Hope EVERYONE wins the prize of their dreams in 2007! :gvibes:

SonyaD81
December 28th, 2006, 7:39pm
My fantasy prize would have to be the HGTV Dream Home (I'd sell it of course), or a cash win large enough to enable DH, and I to purchase our own home. At the moment we live with his parents. I would LOVE for a win to come along that would enable us to get out of here, and into our own home. :)

kathytracey
December 28th, 2006, 7:44pm
$20,000.00 cash would be awesome and get me almost out of debt. :)

waawab
December 28th, 2006, 7:47pm
dream house, Disney year of a million dreams where you travel to all the parks around the world

janna
December 28th, 2006, 7:49pm
My husband has 100k in school loans... i'd love to pay even a fourth of it...:=)

dallan
December 28th, 2006, 7:50pm
man I enter for that house every year over and over again..I dream about paying the taxes on it

harley1
December 28th, 2006, 7:57pm
Oh, it would have to be the 2007 HGTV Dream Home. My dream is to retire to Colorado some day.

toydiva65
:gvibes: No sweeps in particular....but ANY sweeps for a trip to Hawaii or new kitchen appliances.

knottymonkey
Dream Home, a large cash prize and a trip to Disneyland are my dream wins.

Georgie Girl
December 28th, 2006, 8:02pm
I said when I started back sweeping in 03 that I wanted to win a trip, a car, and a sum of money. I've won two trips - Cancun and Miami for a NASCAR race. I want a Mustang or a Mini Cooper and I want at least $5,000 in 07. But any sum of money would be nice.

Miki
December 28th, 2006, 9:22pm
Cash is a big thing on my list right now. I have to get these things paid off ASAP, the monthly bills are too high. I don't have to win tons of money, just enough to pay off a few things!

Car, I need a new car!

topgun
December 28th, 2006, 9:38pm
My husband has 100k in school loans... i'd love to pay even a fourth of it...:=)

Just curious - how does one get $100k in school loans?

pambanter
December 28th, 2006, 9:46pm
Oh, of course big money. But other than that, once Disney had one where you went from one park to the next and with Disney dollars at each park. That is my DREAM win.

greenfish214
December 28th, 2006, 9:47pm
A new JEEP Wrangler (with removable hardtop)!!

pambanter
December 28th, 2006, 9:47pm
Just curious - how does one get $100k in school loans?
Well, if he got a masters that would be all loans. Doctors have that much in loans. Lawyers. Career students. :laugh: Phds.

fuzzdolly
December 28th, 2006, 9:52pm
For DH - Any tools
For DS #1 - an Xbox 360
For DIL - a Wii
For DS #2 - an acoustic guitar
For DD - ??? (I don't think SHE knows what she wants!!)

And for myself - besides money - a trip to Italy so I can visit w/DS #1, DIL, and grandkids!

purplepod
December 28th, 2006, 9:53pm
I'd take what furniture I liked and probably the car, sell the rest and hopfully live comfortably the rest of my life after giving to local charities.

I'd also take a big powerball/lotto win - might as well DREAM BIG! :jump: :cheer7:

purplepod
December 28th, 2006, 9:57pm
Well, if he got a masters that would be all loans. Doctors have that much in loans. Lawyers. Career students. :laugh: Phds.

Yep that is how u do it - my sister is a lawyer and has over 100,000. in schoold loans and she got buned out lawyering and is now a teacher not making much $$ but loving it and worrying about paying back school loans.

steene_c
December 28th, 2006, 11:27pm
The HGTV Dream Home is my fantasy prize. I'd stay there for about a week or so, then sell it. By the way, does anyone know if the winner of the Dream Home from last year sold his house? How many winners actually kept their houses? It used to say what happened to the houses after people won them on the HGTV website, but it doesn't anymore.

smileoz
December 28th, 2006, 11:47pm
The HGTV dreamhome. Each time they give it away I am truly disappointed when I don't win. One of these days it will be mine...well, for a week or so untill it's sold :) you do what you have to do right? Then I would get a house I could afford to pay taxes on.

manna
December 30th, 2006, 6:37am
Of course, I'm just like everyone else... the HGTV dream home! Or a trip to Disney... or cold, hard cash! (I have nearly $30K in student loans and that's just for a B.S. degree)! :(

Globug_47
December 30th, 2006, 7:00am
Fantasy prize?

I guess mine would have to be any sweep that offered a seat at the World Series of Poker.

It would be a dream come true to sit with the "Big Boys" and play with them! :laugh:

Other than that, a trip for 10 to 12 people to DisneyWorld would be nice....... :jet:

LuckyDucks
December 30th, 2006, 7:09am
for myself id be happy with any money ammount over 500, a laptop or a PDA
for my son mike, any gamin system, or toy shopping spree