PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed: Style for free prize not sent

abymom
December 27th, 2006, 2:37pm
Hi all:

I have always received good advice from OLS'ers, so am appealing to you again...

In sept. I won a prize through Style for Free.com

About 6 weeks went by, no prize, I emailed the editor and she said "oh we are a bit behind, it will be sent out soon."

I have emailed twice in the past few mos. and no reply...

Now here it is, more than 3 mos. later and no prize..

I won a cute cow lunchbox and accessories, soft, a nice little prize,

I emailed here again today, but I just don't understand why people don't have the courtesy to email back, maybe say they forgot and then send the prize out...or if the prize is gone, substitute something...

This is about the 5th time I have had to repeatedly email a sponsor for a prize, in just the 6 mos. I have been on OLS...a bit frustrating!

OK, any ideas?
Should I call, send registered letter?
Has anyone else won from this website?

(**now I know not to go on this site again, I learned my lesson from writerspace.com!)

Oreo107
December 27th, 2006, 2:47pm
Give it a couple weeks more. You'll get it eventually. If not, oh well it's a low priority for the firm. I know there's more than one thread on the board about prizes never received...

abymom
December 27th, 2006, 2:47pm
by the way, can't find phone number anywhere for this site...even advertisers have to email the sales manager...

also received only email reply from this site 10/13 saying they were behind...

can't find out where the website is located either, very frustrating...
Help!

abymom
December 27th, 2006, 2:48pm
Give it a couple weeks more. You'll get it eventually. If not, oh well it's a low priority for the firm. I know there's more than one thread on the board about prizes never received...

thanks Violet, but I think I have given it about 14 weeks...so more intervention is needed...it was not a contest with mass mailings, just newsletter win of the month, so the delay is odd...

any specific ideas anyone...has anyone else won from this site?

bergbon
December 27th, 2006, 2:50pm
Hi,

First let me say that waiting up tp 12 weeks for a prize is not all that unreasonable. I am not sure why you keep having to email sponsors but most do not send things our immediately after you get the winning notice.

You need to have some patience. You just spoke to them a couple of weeks ago and they said they are behind... they did not say they were putting it the mail when they hung up. It's the holiday season. Things don't happen all that quickly!

Hi all:

I have always received good advice from OLS'ers, so am appealing to you again...

In sept. I won a prize through Style for Free.com

About 6 weeks went by, no prize, I emailed the editor and she said "oh we are a bit behind, it will be sent out soon."

I have emailed twice in the past few mos. and no reply...

Now here it is, more than 3 mos. later and no prize..

I won a cute cow lunchbox and accessories, soft, a nice little prize,

I emailed here again today, but I just don't understand why people don't have the courtesy to email back, maybe say they forgot and then send the prize out...or if the prize is gone, substitute something...

This is about the 5th time I have had to repeatedly email a sponsor for a prize, in just the 6 mos. I have been on OLS...a bit frustrating!

OK, any ideas?
Should I call, send registered letter?
Has anyone else won from this website?

(**now I know not to go on this site again, I learned my lesson from writerspace.com!)

abymom
December 28th, 2006, 11:07am
Just to clarify, I actually had the last email Oct. 13th (not a few weeks ago as someone stated), so it has been more than 2 mos. without any contact.

I think 3 mos. for a minor prize which was not awarded in mass quantity is not being impatient, so I have to disagree with one of the posters.

I did receive a reply yesterday with a big apology and was promised it would be in the mail this week...so I do think email contacts make a difference, in this case at least...

all's well that ends well

(by the way, with huge prize awards I can totally see the wait...this was a newsletter win of the month, back in SEPT! so that is why I was keeping on top of it)