PDA

View Full Version : No FAITH

Bassoon2
December 27th, 2006, 12:03pm
My husband saw me entering sweeps and he laughed and said WHY ARE YOU WASTING TIME? I told him many people on this board win. But he then said, yeah, you HEAR from the 20 people who DO in messages and get your hopes up and in reality you are up against a million people because many enter more than once.

I looked at him and said...it is only costing MY TIME, if I WIN you will eat CROW!!!! :nana:

Yeah we are up against alot, and YES I really want to win a HDTV or trip or even a WII or even an IPOD...but its NOT the end of the WORLD!!! I work an 8 hour day have a kid and dog and husband to take care of when I get home and he has the NERVE to say something when I take some TIME to sit and do this!!!??? :mad2:

sallykay
December 27th, 2006, 12:07pm
Tell him BLISH BLOSH. He'll be as excited as you are when you do win, and you will. What's it to him anyway? :laugh:

cnm616
December 27th, 2006, 12:08pm
My husband says the same thing to me as well. I ask him why he thinks it would be ok with me sitting around and doing a crossword puzzle in my spare time but not sweeping? One of these days I want to hit it big and say "told you so!"

auctions
December 27th, 2006, 12:15pm
If you have failth and can keep it up- he will eat those words :jump:

meeeee
December 27th, 2006, 12:18pm
he will eat his words soon enough
and then he will become your biggest fan when it is something he wants :laugh:

shoppinqueen
December 27th, 2006, 12:21pm
lol,wait till the wins start arriving! then he'll be nagging you to get busy sweeping,lol,my DH just asked me how far I'd gotten with the 12/31 expiring sweeps :laugh:

Maprinces3
December 27th, 2006, 12:28pm
Dh was the same way until I won a trip to Ecuador... He ate crow then!

chris73
December 27th, 2006, 12:34pm
Mine says the same thing.. Sometimes he gets to me and I do feel like he is right but then I think about it and if I wasn't trying to enter sweeps I would not have a chance at all :) My time will come and he will shush then :)
Wishing you all a Winning Day :)
~Chris~

yohoyoho
December 27th, 2006, 12:35pm
Keep the faith and lots of luck this coming year! :cheer7:

Bassoon2
December 27th, 2006, 12:37pm
I feel it is a better shot than Powerball lottery..and doesnt cost a BUCK!!!!!!! :)

JesterPester
December 27th, 2006, 12:37pm
My husband used to be the same way. Now when he complains I remind him of the fridge in the garage that keeps his beer cold, the tools he uses, the plasma tv he watches his football on, the treadmill he uses almost every day, and various other things that I have won that he has no problems enjoying. :halo:

mnicemomma
December 27th, 2006, 12:42pm
My husband was the same until in the last two years I went to Italy with my best friend Seadebi62 who won a trip and took me, then I was able to take our family to Universal Florida, Kona Hawaii and he and I went to the winter Olympics in Torino Italy in February, he also keeps his beer cold in the refrigerator I won and plays video games on one of the 2 XBOX 360 I won or the PSP, I have won alot of nice things and alot of people are still skeptics, but these same people also want me to enter for them.....NOT. My husband is now my biggest believer and his friends keep asking me when I will win him a fishing boat, so I say to you if you enjoy it keep doing it you will win and he will be eating his words and hopefully it will be somewhere tropical.

Bassoon2
December 27th, 2006, 1:05pm
My mantra is
Hawaii Hawaii Hawaii Hawaii Hawaii!!!

I want to take my 9 year old who will REALLY APPRECIATE it!!!! :)

AnahsSkcor
December 27th, 2006, 1:18pm
Been there heard that are we married to the same man?? :laugh: Really though he says the same thing to me and win i do win something he says oh its prob just junk no one else wants but he will to eat crow when i win a trip or a car and hes not going to go on trip with me just me and my best friend lol.

Then i can say how you like them apples? :smile9:

mrssquigg
December 27th, 2006, 1:26pm
I say let the skeptics stay away!!! :laugh: :laugh: More stuff for the rest of us to win!!!!! DH ( and the does NOT stand for Darling :yesyes: ) used to kinda be skepical until things started showing up. The first thing I won was a nice $350 shot gun he uses for hunting and he hasn't complained since.

Nana*2*4
December 27th, 2006, 1:32pm
A lot of our DH's feel that same way until you win. Then they sing a different song.

peachis
December 27th, 2006, 3:43pm
welp...my Di never really teased me about it...he loved getting the cool prizes and so does my angelbaby, family and friends...now after THIS years wins....not alotta peeps teases me... in fact...if Di gets on my nerves I threaten him that I will quit sweeping!! of course I cant let my angelbaby hear me say that...she'd say ohh nooo mommy don't quit your "work", I love the prizes LOL!

Miki
December 27th, 2006, 3:54pm
Don't give up! I swept for a couple years a little bit until I joined this forum in 2004. I was using this site before then but, never joined. Anyways, it wasn't until 2004 before winning my first prize. I was so excited! I then stepped it up a bit. ok, a lot lol.

I didn't do very well at all that year but, was excited enough to keep going. In December of 2004 I said 2005 was going to be MY year, I had a feeling and I was right! I won a lot of great prizes, best one being a mini cooper from Dr.pepper.

This year? My total was less than $2,000 but, still I keep going. I know 2007 will be a better year for me, I bet it will be for you too!

b5fan
December 27th, 2006, 3:58pm
It only took me winning a few things to convince my husband...But I had already won a trip to the '84 World's Fair before we got married, so I had a track record already!!

My hubby is very supportive of my sweeping; even more so after I won him a 2006 Chevy Silverado 4 x 4!!! Everyone needs a hobby!!!!

infinitybean
December 27th, 2006, 4:05pm
It's not a matter of whether or not you will win. You WILL win. It's just a question of when.

Here's how it goes:
The more you enter, the more you win. The more you win, the more you enter.
It's a positive feedback cycle, propelling you toward more and more wins.

I wish I could be there to see the look on his face when you win something big. :laugh:

guruwan2b
December 27th, 2006, 4:09pm
Most people are that way until they actually see the prizes. My husband was. He's not anymore. I think the trip to the Bahamas shot it home that I could really win some cool stuff.
Just wait, soon he will be pointing out sweeps and asking if you have entered them yet...

bkang
December 27th, 2006, 4:21pm
My husband is the same way but he has enjoyed some of the things I have won :)

laticia433
December 27th, 2006, 4:24pm
He'll change his mind once the wins start rolling in. I know mine did! :)

redfantum
December 27th, 2006, 4:42pm
Oh, it's so true! I was told I spent too much time on the computer. I was ignoring him. Well, when I wasn't on the computer, he was just sitting there watching TV. Big deal! Now he sees an ad for some sweep and it's "Have you entered that?" "Daily, dear." He gets it now. :)

bjdotson
December 27th, 2006, 4:51pm
My wife was the same way until I bought her a grand piano with a cash win of $16,000

This year we went to disneyworld Free (they even gave us spending money) So she is a believer now; matter of fact she brags about my wins a lot more than I do.

Bassoon2
December 27th, 2006, 4:53pm
LOL...when he sees me sweeping its like...Isn't there LAUNDRY that needs to be put away? Can you clean the Kitchen counters some more? Don't you have something better to do? :laugh: Yep recleaning the counters is my FAVORITE thing to do. I am the LAST to come home from work and the first thing I am hit with is WHATS FOR DINNER??
Too funny. I feel like Cinderella---I just shake my head sometimes. Have to get that big win to quiet things up.

ResourcePress
December 27th, 2006, 5:34pm
How many hours does he sit in front of a TV? Gaining nothing but an ever widening arse?

I always think of hobbies that are mindless, like tv watching and playing video games. At least I get some sort of retun from my time and I have fun.

adoptingteens
December 27th, 2006, 5:51pm
are we married to the same man :laugh:

i keep telling him when i win my big trip i am not taking hime with

RandomHelena
December 27th, 2006, 5:56pm
My husband saw me entering sweeps and he laughed and said WHY ARE YOU WASTING TIME? I told him many people on this board win. But he then said, yeah, you HEAR from the 20 people who DO in messages and get your hopes up and in reality you are up against a million people because many enter more than once.

I looked at him and said...it is only costing MY TIME, if I WIN you will eat CROW!!!! :nana:

Yeah we are up against alot, and YES I really want to win a HDTV or trip or even a WII or even an IPOD...but its NOT the end of the WORLD!!! I work an 8 hour day have a kid and dog and husband to take care of when I get home and he has the NERVE to say something when I take some TIME to sit and do this!!!??? :mad2:

Keep at it...you will win something JUICY eventually :gvibes:

dolphee
December 27th, 2006, 6:07pm
You'll win believe me you'll win something! Good luck.

retellingstories
December 27th, 2006, 6:13pm
DH loves my hobby. He gets just as excited as I do when I win. He got a iPod video for fathers day and tons of other stuff, so he doesn't complain in the least.

Full Monte Carlo
December 27th, 2006, 6:18pm
When i started my DH said you can't win anything doing that and I gave him the well its my time being waisted bla bla until I won a car! and 2 trips and a sirus radio and a GPS and cash, now his co workers ask about once a week well what did she win this week? He is a believer and your hubby will be too. GL

Miki
December 27th, 2006, 6:23pm
My dh didn't get supportive of my sweeping until I won the car.

tiffginn21
December 27th, 2006, 6:23pm
:royal: No worries..you will win soon and show him who is Queen :royal:

robsterclaw
December 27th, 2006, 6:28pm
My wifey complained a little bit about the amount of time I spent entering, then she figured I'd be watching t.v. anyway. She's pretty supportive about it. Especially when in a 6 week period early this year I won a trip for 4, $1,500 and $1,300 in food GC's.

Now when I call her at work, her coworkers ask wha'd he win this time. :)

nurse1998
December 27th, 2006, 6:29pm
well when you win the trip do like I did and take your mom my mom and I went to survivor all-star finale together in New York over mother's day and we had a blast

Siobhan
December 27th, 2006, 6:37pm
Yeah my family too...right up until I won 1,000 bucks.

Then they shut up. And bug me all the time to enter more sweepstakes! :)

toydiva65
December 27th, 2006, 6:46pm
You just tell your hubby that my hubby used to say the SAME EXACT THING! But now, THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN PRIZES LATER, he'll ask, "Have you done your sweeps today?!" :laugh:

Besides, this is YOUR hobby....it doesn't cost anything, make a mess or involve drinking and smelly men who scratch their butts in public! :laugh:

Luvs2Win
December 27th, 2006, 6:49pm
I think my DH was a bit skeptic at first too, till 8wks later I won a $3500 Alienware Laptop.

Now he doesn't say anything negative about my sweeping.
I have won so many things that our family uses like a $1000 Crate & Barrel GC that we used to buy a whole kitchen full of Cuisanart things such as a Griddler, Slow Cooker, Food Processor, Blender, new Silverware, new Glassware, stainless steel dish drain, and several other things for the kitchen.

He loves watching DVDs I have rented using the 1yr Netflix membership I won from MSN, on the DVD player I bought with my Best Buy GC I won, using the 1yr Netflix membership I won from MSN, on the new 40" Samsung HDTV I just won from Doritos that sits on a new $200 plasma TV stand I bought with the $250 Best Buy GC I won from AOL Goldrush.

He loves to keep warm in his new $200 Superman Leather jacket I won from Frito Lays, he loves to wear his new shoes/shorts/shirts he got with the $200 Reebok GC I won.

He loves it when we go out to eat on the SEVERAL GC's I won for various restaurants, including the small tray of chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-a.

He loves it when we can go to the movies for free, using the many Fandango Codes I won.

And he loved the new Shakespere Fishing Pole he got for Christmas... :smile9: ----YES he know's it was a win!

*there are lots more I have won, just tooooo many to list*

sunnyshone
December 27th, 2006, 6:49pm
My husband never made me feel bad for entering but never really thought it would amount to anything.

Last year I won a years full of free groceries ($7800) and he still mentions it everytime we shop and leave the store paying absolutly nothing!

Bassoon2
December 27th, 2006, 11:09pm
Thanks for your support folks...a sweepin I will go!!! :)

Diggn4Gold
December 27th, 2006, 11:14pm
Yep, my hubby was that way too til we won several GPs including a 42" Plasma, trip to NY and a Nikon Coolpix 8700...

Every now and then he rags on me for spending so much time on the computer but in a conversation the next day, he is asking the name of the site so he can tell his co-workers!

Your hubby will be a believer soon too! Best of luck!

Bigfootsmother
December 27th, 2006, 11:21pm
When I won a trip to Los Angeles through Sony/NBC a year ago, I asked how many entered the week long sweep, I was told it was less than 10,000

so your odds on some sweeps may be better than you think

sweepsfreak
December 27th, 2006, 11:28pm
My husband never made me feel bad for entering but never really thought it would amount to anything.

I think my DH just was amused by my "little" hobby til I won a $1250 GC to Circuit City in Dec 98. (Wow was it that long ago?) I've been addicted ever since and he loves the little and sometimes big surprises that he gets to share.

wdmouse
December 27th, 2006, 11:31pm
Tell him to look at how many active members are here and what the win total is.

Bungy
December 27th, 2006, 11:40pm
I've never ever won anything big, but when my Fiancee comes across a sweep, he asks me if I know about it yet or if I've entered, because he knows that I love to enter, and he wants me to win because I try but haven't hit a big one yet. He actually brags now to his friends that I do sweeps in my spare time!

He used to make fun of my hobby, but since he's seen me put in so much time and not hit a big win yet, he tells everyone about my hobby and supports me fully. When I get a huge win, he will probably be more excited than I will be!!!

Lots of luck to you!!!!! He will come around, with small wins, with big wins, or with only the fact that you love trying! Luck!!!! :cheer7:

dragsweep
December 27th, 2006, 11:55pm
My wife was skeptical at first, but I pointed out that I was using my late evening video game playing time for sweeping (and that sweeping is more profitable than playing video games, if I win anything at all!).

I started in August of this year, and now I'm waiting to receive my second "big" prize. The 1st was 2 plane tickets anywhere in the lower 48 (with a check for $200). The 2nd should be shipped to me in the next couple of days for a high-end digital camera & photo printer.

Now she doesn't bug me quite as much about it, especially since a new digital camera was on the "want list" for Christmas this year...

catlady13711
December 28th, 2006, 12:00am
Mine was a tiny bit skeptic when i first started but within a month or so, the wins started rolling in, he was my biggest supporter.. always asking me if i'd done all my sweeps for the day yet? :laugh: I used to waste alot of time playing mahjong solitaire at yahoo so at least the new hobby has brought reward in.. to the tune of over 10k if you count the $3k+ cruise I had to turn down (couldnt get the time off work). He was pretty excited about the ipod shuffle I gave him too! Pretty soon, yours will be eating crow.. :gvibes:

coordinator911
December 28th, 2006, 12:13am

Yes, i heard that a lot and more!!! till i won a couple of gift cards for places like Lowes, Home Depot etc....now it's "what have you won lately" I keep those wins pretty close to the vest LOL And i have found a way for this cable connection to pay for itself.
Keep Sweeping!!

TrinaWants2Win
December 28th, 2006, 12:39am
my Dh says... what you doing? oh nothing? then you should be entering sweeps! chop chop! :laugh:

Miki
December 28th, 2006, 1:22am
my Dh says... what you doing? oh nothing? then you should be entering sweeps! chop chop! :laugh:
Mine is supportive of my sweeping habit but, not THAT supportive :laugh: He has been entering more sweeps himself though. He had a blast entering the poker game sweep that ended.