PDA

View Full Version : Sweeper's New Years Resolutions

CathyVeester
December 26th, 2006, 5:59pm
Okay, let me try - try - try again.

Last year, about this time, I made some New Year's Resolutions about improving my sweepstakes methods - guess what, I made 'em but didn't keep one of them.

:worry:

And as a consequence, my results for 2006 (about $3700 worth of prizes) was about the same as 2005 (about $100 more, actually).

So let me try this again.

My Sweeping New Year's Resolutions for 2007:

1. Chat less in the forums - SWEEP MORE!

2. Put more time into sweeping.

3. Get my DH to enter those that allow for 1x per person (NOT household).

4. Enter more sweepstakes where you need to get 'codes' - less competitive, I should think.

5. Finally get around to entering some SNAILS.

6. Enter a few creative contests.

7. Take some advice from my Mentor, Caseycupcake (big winner/nice lady) ...
THINK POSITIVE.

That's it.

P.S. Feel free to share your New Year's Resolutions in this thread.

And ...

Happy New Year and Many Wins to You All in 2007.

:fairy3: :fairy3: :fairy3:

bigskwinner
December 26th, 2006, 6:06pm
for 2007 and will mark down everything in a book (I did this the first year i won the trip) just to see what my winnings for the year are
generally i dont care how much i won or didnt win lol but I will buy a book and mark down all the things i win just to see what my year total is

MisConduckt
December 26th, 2006, 6:17pm
Since this is my guilty pleasure I resolve not to make resolutions about sweeping because if I do it will put right up there with eating fewer carbs, actually cleaning the house once a week..etc etc...so none for me... :)

stah
December 26th, 2006, 6:28pm
Isn't resolute kind of a downer word? Like resolved, resigned or sigh, guess this is the way it has to be? Sobering and unfun.
I'd rather ASPIRE to do more-win more- and have more fun in 2007 than any year preceding it.
No resolution here.

jeepers
December 26th, 2006, 6:30pm
My resolution is not about sweeping. It's about getting closer to Jesus.
Just become an all around better person.
Pray a lot. I'm going to start doing a prayer calendar again, where I pray for a certain city
in any state. And pray that a revival will start happening.
All it takes in 1 person to start a revival.
Every time I see an ambulance or fire truck lights blaring, I'm gonna pray that everything is OK, whether it be a building or a person.

This is my resolution.

Nubbs820
December 26th, 2006, 8:47pm
My sweeping resolution is to be more organized with snails and try harder to find Local snails for MD.

My other NY's resolution is to start clipping coupons again. Dh used to love when we would get $150 worth of groceries for $80. Laziness made me stop clipping. Well actually my mom getting the coupons from the newspaper man on Monday morning just got to a bit overwhelming. Back to 1 paper a week and if there's a good freebie, I'll send dh to the store to get more newspapers :)

meeeee
December 26th, 2006, 8:55pm
mine is less forums more sweeping :laugh:

yet I am here :sherlock:

obxhatteraslight
December 26th, 2006, 8:59pm
I haven`t been very good about that but this year along with the almighty yearly weightloss pledge I will keep those win slips

ehavenchk
December 26th, 2006, 9:11pm
Ok this year I resolve to find a job that I'm better suited for then the last two that I got in '06. Neither one worked out. Had a good job but quit it in 05' because it literally gave me heartburn every day. Thought it would be so easy to find another. Ha!

Once I get said job, I resolve to save a secret stash of money every week so Christmas will be something I look forward to again instead of dreading like this year.
Thats all I can 'resolve' to do right now. I'm getting a headache! :laugh:

ehavenchk
December 26th, 2006, 9:17pm
Uh oh..just realized this thread is more about sweepers resolutions. Sorry if I went off track. :worry:
But- I resolve to stop playing so many Breakout games in the Arcade! :)

TheCatLady
December 26th, 2006, 9:31pm
Okay, let me try - try - try again.

Last year, about this time, I made some New Year's Resolutions about improving my sweepstakes methods - guess what, I made 'em but didn't keep one of them.

:worry:

And as a consequence, my results for 2006 (about $3700 worth of prizes) was about the same as 2005 (about $100 more, actually).

So let me try this again.

A post in the Forums pledging that you will not post in the Forums. Good one. :laugh:

CathyVeester
December 26th, 2006, 9:35pm
A post in the Forums pledging that you will not post in the Forums. Good one. :laugh:

I didn't say I won't post in the Forums.

Just that I resolve to chat/post less.

I cannot go cold turkey, you know. And besides, it's not 2007 YET.

:laugh:

ResourcePress
December 26th, 2006, 11:59pm
2. Put more time into sweeping.
3. Get my DH to enter those that allow for 1x per person (NOT household).
4. Enter more sweepstakes where you need to get 'codes' - less competitive, I should think.
5. Finally get around to entering some SNAILS.
6. Enter a few creative contests.
7. Take some advice from my Mentor, Caseycupcake (big winner/nice lady) ...
THINK POSITIVE.

I honestly cannot think of any sweeping resolutions for 2007.
May 2007 be a very prosperous OLS year :gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes:

rocksea_lady
December 27th, 2006, 12:13am
I will win more!!

Can't be that hard since I win so little....

Maybe.... spend less time in the forums and more time with my son...

Maybe not.... :laugh:

Jessica25
December 27th, 2006, 12:32am
Every time I see an ambulance or fire truck lights blaring, I'm gonna pray that everything is OK, whether it be a building or a person.

This is also great to teach your kids when you are in the car with them! I always did that with them to teach them to see that there is so much more going on in the world outside of our little circle in life!

You are bursting with great ideas for this coming year!

gamblerx17
December 27th, 2006, 1:32am
hehe - add mine to the list of pledging to spend less time in here & more time entering :laugh:

Miki
December 27th, 2006, 1:43am
Sweeping Resolutions

1.Enter more daily sweeps-If I get burnt out, they will still be in mysweeps ready for me to start up again

2.Enter more snails-Started late this year but, only went through maybe 2 books of stamps for entries so far. I plan to enter many more snails in 2007.

3.Enter, enter, enter. All I gotta do is stay out of this forum!! (Ok, how many of you could really, honestly do this?)

4.Try to get my husband to enter more sweeps than he does.

5.WIN!!!!! Ok, so thats not a given but, it's nice to dream that I will win that huge chunk of cash, new car (That I could actually keep this time), new home...ok getting sidetracked here. :laugh:

Stanza_Rae
December 27th, 2006, 1:46am
I should organize more, be more consistant and stay out of the forums... but I have posted more in the last few months than I ever have.... not a good sign LOL I should be entering year end sweeps even as I type!

yadgirl
December 27th, 2006, 2:04am
I just want to keep enjoying it and remain thankful that I have something I love to do and can do at any time of the day or night, holidays, everyday. :)

I'm organized in a way that no one understands but me.

yad

shoppinqueen
December 27th, 2006, 4:58pm
1.less chat more sweeping

2.using my digital camera and video recorder to enter sweeps that require pics or video's

3.more snail mail sweeps

4.more essay required sweeps.

tamiwami
December 27th, 2006, 5:09pm
teach my now 13 year old son how to enter sweeps! SO many neat toys and electronics are for 13 and up, and now he can legally enter those. :cheer7:

stargazer
December 27th, 2006, 5:26pm
My resolution is not about sweeping. It's about getting closer to Jesus.
Just become an all around better person.
Pray a lot. I'm going to start doing a prayer calendar again, where I pray for a certain city
in any state. And pray that a revival will start happening.
All it takes in 1 person to start a revival.

This is my resolution.

Silly of me to think this but i thought I was the only one who did this:

Every time I see an ambulance or fire truck lights blaring, I'm gonna pray that everything is OK, whether it be a building or a person

To all: Many prayers of good health, wealth and prosperity in the New Year!

ResourcePress
January 1st, 2007, 1:32pm
I did come up with a sweeping resolution for 2007 -- to write down all of wins so that I can have an accurate tally of what I win.

Here's to those wins :gvibes: :gvibes: