PDA

View Full Version : What if you win a prize for 4 and have 5 in your family?

vetstadium
December 26th, 2006, 4:22pm
I have wondered since most trips are two or 4 people, would the sites work with you (even if I had to pay) if I was fortuante enough to win a trip but had 5 family members? If it was a trip for 2 sorry kids Dad and mom go away and you get to stay with Grandma (which they really do enjoy and spend almost every weekend there). If it was a trip for 4 I could not and would not leave a child behind.

wackydackydoo
December 26th, 2006, 5:03pm
There are three of us here all the time, and five when my boys are here with us. Whether it's a trip for two or four, everyone who is here for the trip at that time goes with us; and we pay for the extra seat(s). So far, it's only been the three of us; but we paid for our daughter's seat each and every time, and the sponsor put it on our credit card. On the trip to Germany this coming March, we booked all three seats ourselves, and the sponsor reimbursed us for two of them (including the travel insurance) after they received a copy of the receipt.

vetstadium
December 26th, 2006, 5:04pm
That was nice they reimbursed you good to hear, of course I have to win first but good to know it could be worked out.

wackydackydoo
December 26th, 2006, 5:07pm
That was nice they reimbursed you good to hear, of course I have to win first but good to know it could be worked out.

We had won two round-trip tickets to Germany, and they were going to book the seats themselves. However, I don't think this is a big company (DAAD), and the woman didn't seem to know how to go about it. So, she just asked me to book the seats we needed, and they would reimburse us for the two seats we won.

pambanter
December 26th, 2006, 5:16pm
Well, there is a thread going on about this right now.

Of course no one can stop you from buying a plane ticket and paying for an extra hotel room at the same time and place as the rest of you are going. But, whether or not they will work with you to get the extra on the same flight, or if the extra person will be able to attend events and stuff...that is totally up to the fulfillment company and the sponsor.

wackydackydoo
December 26th, 2006, 5:21pm
Knock on wood, we haven't had anything but good repor with the sponsors. Two of our trips included scheduled events, and they still didn't have a problem with us bringing our daughter. Trisha Yearwood thought she was so cute!! :laugh:

BabyLeaps
December 26th, 2006, 5:24pm
There are three of us here all the time, and five when my boys are here with us. Whether it's a trip for two or four. Everyone who is here for the trip at that time goes with us, and we pay for the extra seat(s). So far, it's only been the three of us; but we paid for our daughter's seat each and every time, and the sponsor put it on our credit card. On the trip to Germany this coming March, we booked all three seats ourselves, and the sponsor reimbursed us for two of them (including the travel insurance) after they received a copy of the receipt.

THANK YOU! We're a family of five, and I've often wondered about family trip wins.

elainmir
December 26th, 2006, 5:28pm
Well all of my trip wins have been for two, much to my childrens dismay but DH and I have already discussed should we win a trip for four we'd just pay for the extra seat.

tupik3702
December 26th, 2006, 5:31pm
:supstar:

wackydackydoo
December 26th, 2006, 5:51pm
I have a hard time with people who can NEVEr leave their kids for a few days.

No offense, but I don't understand why you would have a hard time with what other people do. DH and I don't need to get away from the children. If we were going to feel like that, we personally would not have had children. We love being with our children and them with us. DH and I get plenty of alone time and relaxation even with "all" the children around. We have a calm household with no yelling, fighting, arguing, etc. We don't need to get away alone to feel refreshed, because we never get to any point where we feel we need to be refreshed. Actually, it's refreshing to be around our children. Maybe some don't have a relationship or household like ours, but to each their own. You can't judge other people by comparing them to your life and views. :twocents:

Meloday
December 26th, 2006, 6:14pm
No offense, but I don't understand why you would have a hard time with what other people do. DH and I don't need to get away from the children. If we were going to feel like that, we personally would not have had children. We love being with our children and them with us. DH and I get plenty of alone time and relaxation even with "all" the children around. We have a calm household with no yelling, fighting, arguing, etc. We don't need to get away alone to feel refreshed, because we never get to any point where we feel we need to be refreshed. Actually, it's refreshing to be around our children. Maybe some don't have a relationship or household like ours, but to each their own. You can't judge other people by comparing them to your life and views. :twocents:

i admire you for the way your family is - nice!!

wackydackydoo
December 26th, 2006, 6:35pm
i admire you for the way your family is - nice!!

Thank you.

Unfortunately, life wasn't always like that. My first marriage was very abusive and "loud"--not a good life for my two boys. I feel blessed in having what I feel is a one in a million relationship and life now--something I never dreamed of having.

We love travelling places with the children. It's like discovering places and things together, learning new things together, and sharing. I think it's just wonderful, and we look forward to these excursions. Next July, God-willing and everything going well, we will have an even bigger family. :baby: Children are such a blessing. Why waste a minute of the time we have with them. That time is just so short. :gvibes:

infinitybean
December 26th, 2006, 7:14pm

:clap:
I TOTALLY agree! Love to be with my kids. No break needed.

bigskwinner
December 26th, 2006, 7:26pm
thanks , its a good question to ask, esp if you win a trip for four and have five family members
i would rather buy an extra seat then tell all three they have to stay behind!!

frogifer
December 26th, 2006, 8:13pm
We actually had a sponsor just pay out of their pocket for our 3rd child on a trip initially for four people --- because "they did not want him to miss out". GREAT SPONSOR!!!

wackydackydoo
December 26th, 2006, 8:18pm
We actually had a sponsor just pay out of their pocket for our 3rd child on a trip initially for four people --- because "they did not want him to miss out". GREAT SPONSOR!!!

One of the sponsors was going to do that for our DD, but the flight was booked. So, I had her attached to me in a Snuggly which I hated doing and would try not to have to do again. Yes, overall, the sponsors are very accommodating.

BethieB
December 26th, 2006, 8:26pm
We paid for our extra two people. It worked out great. They even covered 2 hotel rooms. :)