PDA

View Full Version : What's your longest dry spell?

BabyLeaps
December 26th, 2006, 3:17pm
I have read some posts from people who say they've been members here for YEARS and haven't won anything (and some of these people are green). I honestly don't see how someone can enter consistently and not win ANYTHING. (but I have been known to be wrong on occasion...:) )

What's the longest dry spell you've had ,and when you had it, how often were you entering sweeps? Were you green at the time?

Oreo107
December 26th, 2006, 3:27pm
my longest dry spell has been a few weeks. I don't think I've had a dry month in over 5 years. Much success to you in 2007...

Tonysopranogirl
December 26th, 2006, 3:40pm
Just turned green but have won pretty consistantly with smaller wins with the instants....I am hoping above all hopes to get one juicy big win....infact I am sort of scaring myself the way I get up at five am to check my email and the way I look for the mailman lately. God forbid a ups or fedex truck goes down my street................

wackydackydoo
December 26th, 2006, 3:41pm
It's been years and years since I've had a dry spell. As time has gone on, and I've gradually increased my sweeping through the years, I now usually win at least one prize per day; and, most of the time, I am not "green".

Ohmargo1
December 26th, 2006, 3:47pm
:frown3: I go usually about 3 months or so. The last instant win for me was in the beginning of October and I hope I will get the cutting board from the Avacado instant. And I am not counting Banquet screen savers. LOL. The last surprise mail win was a few months back and it was an Oxygen mini light that didn't work. I have a real bad dry spell here. I almost think that sponsors don't like us South Dakota folks. :frown3:

bkang
December 26th, 2006, 3:48pm
on here 7 months and I was green for 3 of them, I enter any contest that has a prize I want to win so at a minimum I'd say at least 25 every day but probably more.

RandomHelena
December 26th, 2006, 3:49pm
Probably about 5 days...I've been naughty though and haven't updated my wins for ages.

litebulb
December 26th, 2006, 4:04pm
I'd say 2 weeks was my longest dry spell.
I enter instants & daily enters~daily.
I look in expiring sweeps & new sweeps every day.
I do my weekly, monthly enters when I should.
I only enter for myself using 1 email address.
I try to keep mysweeps above 600 but over 700 is better.

I don't know what motivates those who haven't won in years to keep entering.
I know I would have lost intrest after not winning for months.

I believe you reap what you sow.

BabyLeaps
December 26th, 2006, 4:29pm
Thanks for the feedback! I have dry spells, too, but when I'm actively entering, usually win about once a week (something small), an have never had a month without a win. I'm not as hard core and dedicated as some here, but still enjoy getting a trickle of prizes (and hoping every time the UPS guy comes down the street! :) )

chris73
December 26th, 2006, 4:34pm
:frown3: I go usually about 3 months or so. The last instant win for me was in the beginning of October and I hope I will get the cutting board from the Avacado instant. And I am not counting Banquet screen savers. LOL. The last surprise mail win was a few months back and it was an Oxygen mini light that didn't work. I have a real bad dry spell here. I almost think that sponsors don't like us South Dakota folks. :frown3:

I hear ya on the Sponsors not liking certain States. I average maybe a small win a month or so but when I check the Winners Lists hardly ever see Louisiana on allot of them :( I hope we get Orders out of here soon to a more Lucky State, lol.. Trying to get to ND
Good Luck everyone.. May we all get lucky before the end of the Year or more Luck next Year :)

Bumpa
December 26th, 2006, 5:02pm
I didn't win ANYTHING the 1st 2 years of sweeping. Then I won a trip to Aruba. I think I've won about 17 thousand dollars worth of prizes. Only won 500 dollars last year and about 600 this year but you never know when the big trip or money will hit. Keep Sweeping!!!! Bumpa

guruwan2b
December 26th, 2006, 5:09pm
I have had a dry month every so often. When I am in dry mode, I enter a lot of freebies. That way it feels like I am winning. Just got a feather duster today that was a freebie. I haven't had a win that I would count in December. Bacardi "win", "You have already won" mis-statement on another sweep, etc. But no real win.

pteilman
December 26th, 2006, 5:22pm
When I've entered consistently, I've only gone about 6 weeks without a win. I've gone for 4 or 5 months without a win, but mostly due to infrequent sweeping. I usually get a couple of freebies every month, so that makes it easier to take!

Bassoon2
December 26th, 2006, 5:23pm
So, I currently am entered in 701 sweeps...what are the odds of winning SOMETHING??
:fairy3: please pixie dust FIND ME too!!!

tupik3702
December 26th, 2006, 5:32pm
a week or two however, it could be the smallest win. :gvibes:

topgun
December 26th, 2006, 5:48pm
I went 28 months without a win. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

That just might be considered a dry spell.

topgun
December 26th, 2006, 5:50pm
I didn't win ANYTHING the 1st 2 years of sweeping. Then I won a trip to Aruba. I think I've won about 17 thousand dollars worth of prizes. Only won 500 dollars last year and about 600 this year but you never know when the big trip or money will hit. Keep Sweeping!!!! Bumpa

This year I won a western shirt, a dvd, and a $25 gift card. And I was green. Very slow year.

pcontester
December 26th, 2006, 5:53pm
I usually have some small wins each month, but it's been about two months since my last substantial win and I am really whining. No one feels sorry for me because I have won a lot this year, the biggest and best being a trip to NYC. I am trying to keep upbeat - I have over 1000 in "my sweeps" but most of those are 1 time only. Since I am retired I can spend more time than most.

bigskwinner
December 26th, 2006, 5:59pm
hmmm maybe 10 days

BabyLeaps
December 26th, 2006, 6:04pm
I went 28 months without a win. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

That just might be considered a dry spell.
YIKES--you win! Hard not to get discouraged after that. How often were you entering?

topgun
December 26th, 2006, 6:46pm
YIKES--you win! Hard not to get discouraged after that. How often were you entering?

BabyLeaps,

I enter sweeps every day - might miss a day or two now and then.

I don't think the problem is entering, I think the problem is winning. (I'd insert a smiley face here, but I don't have a clue how to do it!)

bigskwinner
December 26th, 2006, 6:59pm
i dont think its how often you enter, i think its how many do you enter
i enter 350+ every day and get a win about 3 times a week
that is just my daily contests
doesnt include the single entry ones
the ones i do once a month
or the weekly contests