PDA

View Full Version : Fun thing to do with "prize rejects"

pcontester
December 26th, 2006, 3:01pm
If, like me, you had lots of prizes that you really didn't want - i.e. tee shirts with logos, cellulite removal creme etc., I found a fun thing to do. At our family Christmas gathering of 10 people I wrapped up 20 of these items and had a chinese auction. It was fun to see the men who picked out cellulite removal cream and the gals Nascar items. I sure found out quickly what was popular with whom - hard rock cd for my granddaughter; hats for my grandsons. We had a great time and I hope I win enough of these items to do the same next year. :cool2: :laugh:

samie_32d
December 26th, 2006, 3:18pm
that does sound like fun

BabyLeaps
December 26th, 2006, 3:20pm
What is a Chinese auction?

pcontester
December 26th, 2006, 3:31pm
We drew numbers from 1 to 10. No. 1 picked first and unwrapped gift. No. 2 could either take No. 1's gift and No. 1 pick a new one or No. 2 could pick another gift and so one until 10 gifts had been picked. When first round was over, we started again with number 1 and he/she could trade with anyone else - but his/her gift was then safe and on through no. 10. It was fun to see some of the gifts going back and forth depending on preference. As you can imagine, no one wanted the cellulite removal cream. LOL Since I had 20 gifts, we did this twice. :laugh:

JoyfulNois
December 26th, 2006, 7:40pm
We drew numbers from 1 to 10. No. 1 picked first and unwrapped gift. No. 2 could either take No. 1's gift and No. 1 pick a new one or No. 2 could pick another gift and so one until 10 gifts had been picked. When first round was over, we started again with number 1 and he/she could trade with anyone else - but his/her gift was then safe and on through no. 10. It was fun to see some of the gifts going back and forth depending on preference. As you can imagine, no one wanted the cellulite removal cream. LOL Since I had 20 gifts, we did this twice. :laugh:

We do something similar - but call it Dirty Santa. We only do one round, though - but the person who picks #1 gets to trade with anyone else's gift at the very end of the game.

Surprisingly, the item everyone was fighting over yesterday was the DVD "White Christmas". I never would've figured that would be the hot item!

Miki
December 26th, 2006, 7:54pm
That sounds like a lot of fun!