PDA

View Full Version : I have a Fedex envelope from Archway waiting for me...

lex2100
December 26th, 2006, 12:50am
What could this be, anyone get one recently? Thing that gets me is it is going to an address I was only living at for one month while I was transitioning between places while moving two years ago. And like I said, this was two years ago that I was there and I know since they were strangers (renting me there mother-in-law house) that I would never have used their address for a sweep. Plus I didn't have the internet for a whole month during that time (I know -hard times, huh... :frown3: ) But I did go to the local library maybe 2-3 times to check my e-mail and I may have entered a sweep or two only if it was so good I just couldn't let it slip by. But, again, I can't imagine giving out their address.

When I won my plasma tv it was about the time I was moving cross-country and I asked them if I could use their address for that since I didn't know what my new address would be. So that is I think the only time I can remember giving out their address. Well, anyway, I get a call from these people on Saturday that Fedex left a note on their door and that I have something weighing .7 pounds and Archway Marketing Services in Rockford, MN.

Anyone???????? Please, I'm dying here! Any sweep that has gone on for two years and just ended recently? Fedex isn't coming back to deliver it till Wed the 27th too. When I called the 1-800 number to get some info on this, I said....uh, why the 27th, what's wrong with the 26th : :cool2: ? So it's not an overnighter, but they say they put many restrictions on it and it needs a direct signature, it was ok'ed for Saturday delivery, and they can't change the address to where I am currently or anything. I spoze I could pick it up tomorrow at the Fedex office itself, but I'm afraid that if I drive 30 miles to go get it, it will be one LONG 30 mile drive home if it's a friggin' Durkee coupon or something.

HELP!!!!!!!! Any Fedex employees listening in? Can you help me as far as if you think this might be important?

Also, do judging agencies send out big prize letters that takes 3 days by Fedex or are they all overnighters mostly?

BabyLeaps
December 26th, 2006, 1:08am
Tax statement for item won? Good luck--hope it is something nice..........

lex2100
December 26th, 2006, 1:16am
OH, no! My tv, they never did send me a 1099 or whatever form it is. I was surprised, I still claimed it just in case, but never got any forms from them. But, actually that sweep had nothing to do with Archway, it was a completely different JA and sponsor.

sunsetnilo1
December 27th, 2006, 4:04am
i'm curious too :cheer7:

wackydackydoo
December 27th, 2006, 7:27am
What was the actual year in which you received the prize. If you received it in the year 2006, you wouldn't report it until next year when you do your 2006 tax return. You always pay taxes on a prize for the year you receive it not win it. If you did receive it in 2006, it could very well be the tax info.

lex2100
December 27th, 2006, 10:54am
What was the actual year in which you received the prize. If you received it in the year 2006, you wouldn't report it until next year when you do your 2006 tax return. You always pay taxes on a prize for the year you receive it not win it. If you did receive it in 2006, it could very well be the tax info.

I received the TV in November 2004. Pretty sure it's not any tax stuff with that as it has nothing to do with Archway and it has been so long.

No, I don't know yet. I decided not to go to the Fedex office to pick it up yesterday just because I figured it would be a long, lonely, sad road back if the win wasn't something big. I just couldn't put myself through it....Ha. :laugh:

The people down the street are going to call me when it comes to their house, they said they'd be home so I don't have to sit at their house all day to wait for it. Plus it would be awkward since I don't really know them.

So I'll let you all know in a few, just as soon as I get it!

lex2100
December 27th, 2006, 11:12am
IT'S HERE!!! I'm going to get it right now! Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feisty Girl
December 27th, 2006, 11:23am
:sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock:

tfacey
December 27th, 2006, 11:30am
:smile2:
Anxiously awaiting your return.

utahmama
December 27th, 2006, 11:33am
Oh, the suspense...
Hope it's GIGANTIC :gvibes:

*Harriett*
December 27th, 2006, 11:34am
She must have gotten so excited and passed out! I guess we will have to wait until they revive her!

Maprinces3
December 27th, 2006, 11:36am
I am dying to know... fingers crossed

Maprinces3
December 27th, 2006, 11:37am
Peachtree City Luck!!!!

OLSPickedMyNick
December 27th, 2006, 11:42am
*waiting so very patiently*

Nana*2*4
December 27th, 2006, 11:42am
Hurry...Hurry... I can't wait to hear!!

Maprinces3
December 27th, 2006, 11:45am
Shows she is offline now, I wonder....

LadyCat
December 27th, 2006, 11:58am
HOPE IT IS SOMETHING WONDERFUL CANT WAIT TILL I GET ONE OF THOES SOMETHING WAITING FOR ME :cheer7:

lex2100
December 27th, 2006, 12:35pm
:sob: :sob: :sob:

Yeah, I took the long way home so no one would see me cry. For one, it wasn't a flat envelope like we thought. And when I got there, they had it on there coffee table and I saw a small box and I said..."No, no....NONONONONONO!!! This can't be!!!" And they said what is it and iPod or something? And sure enough, that's what it was. A black iPod Nano valued at $199 from the Kroger Powerbar Power Tunes Sweep. I'm thinking it was a snailmail I sent, but what gets me is the address. They sent it to an address, from two years ago? Even my Fedex guy said, yeah, I know her, she don't live here.

So, what I've learned about sweeping....it's never enough. It's a bad addiction, it's like CRACK I tell you! Once you start winning stuff, you just want more, more, more, bigger and better. And it's never good enough anymore. That is when it's time to take a break, isn't it. When you start acting ungrateful like I just did, it's a darn shame and now I'm embarassed, so sorry if I offended anyone for being too optimistic and then feeling let down by a somewhat nice win, but I don't think anyone here wouldn't have had visions of it being $10,000, $20,000 or even a new car like I did.

Well, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.........

wackydackydoo
December 27th, 2006, 12:39pm
I never set my expectations that high. I think the iPod is a great prize. My boys would love me to win another one.

bjdotson
December 27th, 2006, 12:44pm
:cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7: Congratulations! :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7:

lex2100
December 27th, 2006, 12:45pm
Peachtree City Luck!!!!

Thanks for the PTC Luck. In fact I think I must have drove past your house on the way back, (they live on Larkspur across from Fishers Luck road, and the ironic thing is their last name is the Fishers, but I don't think I got as much "luck" as I was hoping for!) So maybe you saw me sobbing in the car as I drove by. :rolleyes:

Lawrence86
December 27th, 2006, 12:46pm
great prize so many people are trying to win one, have fun with your prize.

*Harriett*
December 27th, 2006, 12:48pm
It's still a good prize. Look at it this way, it could have been a toothbrush or catalog. Congrats!

ultimate winner
December 27th, 2006, 12:50pm
I would be thrilled! :) Congrats on the great win!

cnm616
December 27th, 2006, 12:53pm
An Ipod is a wonderful win! Enjoy!

Maprinces3
December 27th, 2006, 12:54pm
Still a great win! Much better than a stick in the eye...

retellingstories
December 27th, 2006, 1:04pm
An iPod nano is a GREAT prize. I know many a people who would die to get one. Never set your sweeping bar in the high thousands, you'll just get disappointed. I LOVE when I come home and I have just a little something waiting. Big days are freebies or smaller wins that are really useful. I just finished off my biore skin scrub and sadly threw it in the trash, as I was totally stoked when it came in the mail.

We have the one rare hobby that pays us back. Most people have expensive hobbies that entertain them, but pinch the pocketbook. Ours costs nothing, and once in a while, we get a great return. Congrats again on the iPod and enjoy!

Advam
December 27th, 2006, 1:22pm
Reminds me when I received notice that I had a package from Scripps Network (HGTV, DIY, Food Channel, etc.). I actually tried to locate our driver on his route. Ended up at the UPS warehouse that evening about 7:30 and laughed when I read the letter. I had won the HGTV pro weekly sweepstakes and not the hundreds of thousands of dollars we dreamt about during those few hours.

MrsM
December 27th, 2006, 1:24pm
So, what I've learned about sweeping....it's never enough. It's a bad addiction, it's like CRACK I tell you! Once you start winning stuff, you just want more, more, more, bigger and better. And it's never good enough anymore. That is when it's time to take a break, isn't it.

Yes that's true.

cissikat
December 27th, 2006, 1:33pm
Well, congrats on your ipod win...i still haven't been able to snag one of those babies! :gvibes: Hope you get the win you desire! :gvibes:

el0554
December 27th, 2006, 1:38pm
Always have a grateful heart. :halo:

dallan
December 27th, 2006, 1:41pm
That's an awsome prize. It gives you something nice to listen to when you win the car next time :)

Congrats

JMC663
December 27th, 2006, 1:46pm
It's still a good prize. Look at it this way, it could have been a toothbrush or catalog. Congrats!
Don't laugh, earlier this year, when I first started sweeping, I was in the shower and FED-EX rang the bell, but left a notice. Said it was from General Motors and the Apprentice TV Show was running a sweep to win a Soltice. I was sooooo excitted, the next day they dropped off a brochure. I was like WTF!!! They Fed-Exed a brochure??? No wonder they are in financial trouble!!

Congrats on you win, I can't seem to win one of those to save my life!! :jump:

kirstenandjay
December 27th, 2006, 1:51pm
Congrats that is a great win

I have not been able to win an ipod :(

tupik3702
December 27th, 2006, 2:00pm
:supstar:

tamiwami
December 27th, 2006, 2:01pm
sorry you were expecting something bigger. :frown3:

lex2100
December 29th, 2006, 7:43pm
Well, the Lord works in mysterious ways! The reason I only won the iPod the other day when we thought it was gonna be a really big win because of the circumstances in which it came (read whole thread to understand) was because the woman above (GOD :gvibes: ) had it planned that I was getting a bigger prize in a couple days!

I got a call this morning that I won a trip to Hawaii + lots of extras! It's a premium so I will anounce the details in a new thread under the preemies. But I won a $10,000 trip after all. Now isn't that a ironic? When the so-called $10,000 envelope I thought I was waiting for through the long Christmas holiday ended up being an iPod?

easagredo
December 29th, 2006, 7:57pm
Some of us sweepers would be overjoyed to win an iPod.

angelfish
December 29th, 2006, 7:58pm
Congrats on the ipod. That is a great prize! :)

epiphany327
December 29th, 2006, 8:10pm
Any Win Is A Great Win!! :) Congrats!!!