PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Contests that...

Stephen
December 24th, 2006, 5:00pm
Subscribe you to their magazine automatically when you register (even though you clearly clicked *no*).

And contests that have the button already checked for subscribing to magazines.

I HATE THESE. :(

I believe that I just signed up to another magazine subscription unmeaningfully... What should I do if they send an invoice?

Simply write a big fat "CANCEL" on it and mail it back? Perhaps staple an explanation to it?

Stephen

sandyy456
December 24th, 2006, 5:14pm
Simply write a big fat "CANCEL" on it and mail it back? Stephen

That's what I did when it happened to me.

MistyNoMore
December 24th, 2006, 5:17pm
I just got a book in the mail this week. I have NEVER signed up for a book club. But, now they are calling me saying I owe them money and belong to their club?!?!?! I KNOW I never signed up for this. And, I don't want to have to pay postage back. And, the book came with no letter or anything. WTH???

bowlpatty
December 26th, 2006, 9:16pm
This happened to me a few days ago with Country Living from Heart mags, I went to fast with my entry, should slow down

when I hit reply and told them I wanted to cancel, it was undeliverable address
Thanks for reminding me I have to find a way to contact them and cancel

jblain
December 27th, 2006, 11:35am
If you have an subscription # you can usually go to the magazine website and cancel your subscription as well. In fact, you can probably just use your address. That's what I usually do, especially if I they've already send an issue to me. But writing cancel on the bill works just fine, as well.

RACIN2WIN
December 27th, 2006, 2:51pm
That Just Happened To Me Too With Two Different Ones Country Living Is One Of Them. Thanks For Asking This Question, I Was Wondering Too.

bigskwinner
December 27th, 2006, 3:07pm
readers digest does this to me every time
in the second line...for address i put in , in big block letters
DO NOT SIGN ME UP

and then i get their mag with THAT on the envelope
HELLOOOOOOOO

so then i toss em back and let them pay the postage back with the DO NOT SIGN ME UP circeled in red pen