PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! I need a new gift idea...

mrssquigg
December 24th, 2006, 12:41am
We went over to my SIL house for the anual family per-Christmas dinner and gift exchange. Well, my oldest son who turned 14 yesterday has been talking about wanting an mp3 all year long. So DH and I see an awesome deal on Tiger Direct for 128mb mp3's for $9.00 - so we order 2. The other is for the 11 y.o. son. Tonite oldest son gets a nice mp3 as a gift!!! AACCKKK!!! So now we don't have a "major" gift for him. I need some ideas pronto! I bought him xbox games yesterday for the b-day gift so we are fresh outta ideas. And I really don't want to go shopping anywhere tomorrow but it looks like I have no choice!

Thank you in advance to all who respond... :smile9:

jill92802
December 24th, 2006, 12:54am
iTunes Gift Card.......pronto! :)

mrssquigg
December 24th, 2006, 1:12am
I've got some of those and I mentioned that to DH and he thought it just wouldn't fit the bill. :worry: 11 DS sayd big bro wanted Heelys but I don't have a store close enough to me to go get some. Nor do I have the $$$.....

mommyto2girlz
December 24th, 2006, 1:14am
I don't really have any ideas, just wanted to tell you Heelys are pretty much sold out everywhere.

Best of luck finding just the right gift.

mrssquigg
December 24th, 2006, 1:18am
I don't really have any ideas, just wanted to tell you Heelys are pretty much sold out everywhere.

Best of luck finding just the right gift.
Thank you and I kinda figured they would be gone. *sigh* I still say the iTunes will be our best bet. I have $65 worth that were sweeps wins and that sounds gooood to me! No money spent! :smile9: But I still may treck to Wally World after a hand full of multi vitamins and 4 cups of coffee :laugh: to see what's left.... :worry:

melanie188
December 24th, 2006, 1:18am
Some speakers for the mp3? An adapter for the car? 3d puzzle? Expensive hoodie (relatively) from hot topic? Cd box set of group he likes? This is what I got my 15yr old.

mrssquigg
December 24th, 2006, 1:20am
Some speakers for the mp3? An adapter for the car? 3d puzzle? Expensive hoodie (relatively) from hot topic? Cd box set of group he likes? This is what I got my 15yr old.
Now we're talkin'!!! No car adapter for him though :laugh: I refuse to hand over any control of any part of my vehicle to a 14 y.o. :laugh: !! The speakers just might work. I'ma goin' to walmart.com to see how much they are...

starwishes67
December 24th, 2006, 1:27am
ahhhh...best of luck in your dilemna. I had a similar problem myself. I had purchased my 13 year old daughters dream gift online on 12/9. It's still not here, the company is not responding by email and their phone number says their mailbox is full! I think I may have gotten scammed :(. So, I waited until this afternoon, fought the crowds and replaced the gift with something else. :gift:

I did see Heelys this afternoon still at The Sports Authority. There may still be hope?

mrssquigg
December 24th, 2006, 1:33am
I did see Heelys this afternoon still at The Sports Authority. There may still be hope?
Do you think I could trade my iTunes for Heelys?? :laugh: :laugh: Cuz we don't have that much $$$ to spend....

kEnZiEsMoM
December 24th, 2006, 1:54am
We went over to my SIL house for the anual family per-Christmas dinner and gift exchange. Well, my oldest son who turned 14 yesterday has been talking about wanting an mp3 all year long. So DH and I see an awesome deal on Tiger Direct for 128mb mp3's for $9.00 - so we order 2. The other is for the 11 y.o. son. Tonite oldest son gets a nice mp3 as a gift!!! AACCKKK!!! So now we don't have a "major" gift for him. I need some ideas pronto! I bought him xbox games yesterday for the b-day gift so we are fresh outta ideas. And I really don't want to go shopping anywhere tomorrow but it looks like I have no choice!

Thank you in advance to all who respond... :smile9:

What about a video rocker? I know you can get them at a reasonable price sometimes..he could even hook the mp3 up to it :gvibes:

mrssquigg
December 24th, 2006, 1:58am
What about a video rocker? I know you can get them at a reasonable price sometimes..he could even hook the mp3 up to it :gvibes:
A what?? No :sherlock:

ravengoth
December 24th, 2006, 1:58am
What about an IDog or an IFish?

Captain Nemo
December 24th, 2006, 2:05am
a pet porcupine. :)

mrssquigg
December 24th, 2006, 2:13am
a pet porcupine. :)

BINGO!!

You're the bomb Mr. Nemo!! :laugh: :laugh:

mrssquigg
December 24th, 2006, 2:13am
What about an IDog or an IFish?

That would be GREAT!! Let's hope WM still has some.

mrssquigg
December 24th, 2006, 3:34pm
Ok. Walmart was all out of iDogs and mp3 speakers except for iPod speakers. I ended up getting him a guitar and a model jet to put together. He says when he graduates High School he wants to go to the Air Force so I thought the jet would be a great gift. Thank you for all your suggestions!! :)